C8 Black Trident Wheels Constrained, But Then Making Great Lemonade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Black Trident Wheels Constrained, But Then Making Great Lemonade

And worse for someone who already got their car counting on them to arrive at the dealership and was waiting just days for their arrival, they are now cancelled and you will be 100% credited your $2,895 that was on your original invoice.

Or, for those yet having placed their final version order, you could get the OEM silver ones and have them powder-coated, be hundreds ahead net and knowing that powder-coating has been estimated as between eight and ten times more rock chip resistant than paint, have that nice secondary advantage. Lastly, one more positive, did you know that a good powder-coating shop can get you literally over 5,000 colors for your coating?

Click image for larger version  Name:	D5472F3D-4837-49D4-BD3C-E810DAC1F908.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	237210

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger

As far as constraints go, there are no new items added to the list that previously contained the (VST) Illuminated Sill Plates and the (5DF) Black Trident Wheels. The Black wheels have not been available for some time and one of our dealers told us that GM has removed them from a bunch of orders as well as reinvoicing cars that are still waiting for them. Looks like if you want black wheels, you’ll have to go with either the (Q8Q) Carbon Flash Open Spoke design or go aftermarket.
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...raints-update/

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for that information find.

OR, one more delicious making lemonade option had you ordered the 5DF’s, contact one of our three MECF wheel vendors and buy a custom new set for your C8.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Kinda wondering why just black cancelled and not the silver ones🤔
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

??????????

I wondered that too.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb7148 View Post
        Kinda wondering why just black cancelled and not the silver ones🤔
        My guess would be either (1) production issues with the finish on the black ones or (2) constraints on the production volume and GM decided to focus production on the much higher volume colors.
        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          And worse for someone who already got their car counting on them to arrive at the dealership and was waiting just days for their arrival, they are now cancelled and you will be 100% credited your $2,895 that was on your original invoice.

Or, for those yet having placed their final version order, you could get the OEM silver ones and have them powder-coated, be hundreds ahead net and knowing that powder-coating has been estimated as between eight and ten times more rock chip resistant than paint, have that nice secondary advantage. Lastly, one more positive, did you know that a good powder-coating shop can get you literally over 5,000 colors for your coating?

Click image for larger version Name:	D5472F3D-4837-49D4-BD3C-E810DAC1F908.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	237210

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...raints-update/

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for that information find.

OR, one more delicious making lemonade option had you ordered the 5DF’s, contact one of our three MECF wheel vendors and buy a custom new set for your C8.

I was afraid this would happen when I first saw these wheels show up on constraint last month and also saw C8's sitting around Rick Conti's videos waiting for these wheels. I ordered these wheels with my C8 and really wanted them. I'm told my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership by next Wednesday and I was really hoping this wheel situation would be resolved but it sounds like it went from the wheels being delayed 4 weeks, to flat out the wheels are no longer available regardless of orders that were already built. I wonder if they will also refund my Jake Logo center caps that I specifically ordered with the car for these wheels?

Comment

Or might you wish to get your wheels powder-coated and still use your you Jake logo center caps?

Comment

FYI Prizmatic Lazer Crystal is an almost exact match to Carbon Flash

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8D668D8-FC54-4A2D-90A4-441C6BBF74AB.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	237615
              GMO Rapid Blue, 3LT, HTO tension/twilight blue, FA5 CF interior, Z51, FE4 magnetic ride, E60 front lift, Q8T spectra gray tridents, STI composite rockers, VQK splash guards. Built 7/24, delivered 8/28.

Comment

That is good to know. Thank you.

Comment

Or for $3,249.00 you can get these Black Ice Forgeline's shipped to your door or your dealer. Grey or Silver is $2,349.00.

Just an option to consider?

Thanks

Name:	F01 - BI close up.png
Views:	174
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	238225 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	106
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	238226
                  Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                    Or for $3,249.00 you can get these Black Ice Forgeline's shipped to your door or your dealer. Grey or Silver is $2,349.00.

Just an option to consider?

Thanks

Name:	F01 - BI close up.png
Views:	174
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	238225 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	106
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	238226
                    Rich, does oem lug nuts and ultra security lock work with these wheels
                    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X