MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Ordering/Waiting Frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Ordering/Waiting Frustrations

I've been on a waiting list for almost a year, for first a '20, then that became a '21. All along I thought I would take delivery next Summer of 2021. Now I just learned that next Summer is my estimated delivery. So we're approximately six to seven months from now. I don't understand why GM has made the C8 buying process so difficult and hard to understand. Between people waiting a year and a half or more after being on a list, to dealers selling C8's in their stores for $20K to $30K over sticker, it all just puts a really bad taste in my mouth. To those that already have a C8, I'm sure you'll just say hang in there, it'll be worth it. But quite frankly I'm starting to look at something else to be my 'dream car". I know this is just frustration and venting but I wanted to hear other people's thoughts, both those that already have a C8, as well as those still on a list waiting.
    Last edited by PG County Boy; 11-22-2020, 09:11 AM.

I would have had my car already had I not back out of being on the 2020 list. I had those first year fears of issues that I didn't want to deal with. My sales rep said I told you so when I got back on the list for a 2021. Because of the cut allocations due to plant shut downs and supplier issues is my best guess why yours is taking so long. You are not alone. 2020's converted to 2021's push people's orders like mine back further but I understand why. I don't expect to see a car until late summer next year. I just hope I don't get pushed to 2022 because I don't think I will wait around for that. I'm currently searching out a driver for now to keep me satisfied. I cleaned house in anticipation of the C8. I also agree with you on those people doing mark ups on the price both dealers and private. I've heard stories of cars being bought at the dealer, delivered and put on a flat bed and then taken to another smaller dealer and sold.
    Mike
    2021 Zeus Bronze Coupe on order
    2015 Chevrolet Caprice/Holden PPV cammed

Comment

I expect to pick up my 2020 in the next 2-3 weeks. The waiting has been painful, but I have known all along there were unavoidable delays that were nobody's fault. I comforted myself by constantly learning more about the car and reminding myself that I would eventually get my C8.

Unlike others on this forum, I am not a Corvette guy, not a guy who is simply looking to go as fast as possible, not looking for a dream car....I was not in the market at all until I saw and learned about the C8. I was tempted by late 2019 deals on C7's, but I kept reminding myself....the C8 is what excited me

So, here i am, on the verge of delivery, and I could not be more thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
        I expect to pick up my 2020 in the next 2-3 weeks. The waiting has been painful, but I have known all along there were unavoidable delays that were nobody's fault. I comforted myself by constantly learning more about the car and reminding myself that I would eventually get my C8.

Unlike others on this forum, I am not a Corvette guy, not a guy who is simply looking to go as fast as possible, not looking for a dream car....I was not in the market at all until I saw and learned about the C8. I was tempted by late 2019 deals on C7's, but I kept reminding myself....the C8 is what excited me

Glad to hear you'll be driving soon. We've touched base on the other forum as we both have the Superman build. Adrenaline red seats with the ELB. I'm Mari0 on that other forum and JakeO here, per my grandson.

I've had mine now for over a month and you're going to love the car. So many THUMBS UP and NICE CAR shout outs. And MacMulkin is the way to go to avoid disappointment.

Are you driving to Mac? For me, from Mid-Hudson N.Y. it was 3.5 hours...should be slightly longer for you if using I-95 from Philly. But it'll fly right by with the anticipation. Best of luck and pictures when you take delivery.
        Last edited by Jake0; 11-22-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I am slated to get a 21 with a large Forum dealer. If it happens, it happens, if not I am not going to lose any sleep over a car. There are too many families out there that can’t buy food or pay their bills. The entire world has been held hostage to a virus, I just want to see this situation remedied and everyone get their life back, to me this is much more critical than me getting another new toy.

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post

I wouldn't consider myself a Corvette person either. though I previously owned one, and that was a '19 Grand Sport. But I have owned a lot of high performance cars, no exotics, but along the lines of a couple of GT-Rs, CTS-Vs, Maserati Granturismo, Lotus Evora 400, MB AMG C63, and my current vehicle, an '18 Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition. But yes, the C8 would be my dream car. Not an exotic, because I can neither afford to buy nor maintain something like that. The C8 will be "my" exotic. Good for you that your wait is almost over. How long has it been?

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post
              I am slated to get a 21 with a large Forum dealer. If it happens, it happens, if not I am not going to lose any sleep over a car. There are too many families out there that can’t buy food or pay their bills. The entire world has been held hostage to a virus, I just want to see this situation remedied and everyone get their life back, to me this is much more critical than me getting another new toy.
              Without question I'm sure everyone agrees with you on the less fortunate and an end to COVID19. I'm not losing sleep over my C8 wait, just frustrated with the process and the length of time to get one. It's also not a toy for me, but like my current and previous vehicles, it will be my daily driver. Granted, a very high performance daily driver, when a Toyota Corolla would suffice for the daily commute. But that's what driving emotions are all about! Otherwise I would drive an econobox and just slush along.

Comment

Originally posted by PG County Boy View Post

I wouldn't consider myself a Corvette person either. though I previously owned one, and that was a '19 Grand Sport. But I have owned a lot of high performance cars, no exotics, but along the lines of a couple of GT-Rs, CTS-Vs, Maserati Granturismo, Lotus Evora 400, MB AMG C63, and my current vehicle, an '18 Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition. But yes, the C8 would be my dream car. Not an exotic, because I can neither afford to buy nor maintain something like that. The C8 will be "my" exotic. Good for you that your wait is almost over. How long has it been?
                My wait with my current dealer, #2, is now at 54 weeks. However, my first deposit was made 62 weeks ago with a different dealer, #3. My switch was a great move, because I would still be in the dark if I had not switched.

Comment

The key to a short wait is to order your car through a high-volume dealer that has a corresponding high allocation. All the large dealerships also sell at MSRP, with NO markups.

Ordering through a small local dealership is a much more risky proposition, in general.

I ordered my C8 through Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet.
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by PG County Boy View Post
                    I've been on a waiting list for almost a year, for first a '20, then that became a '21. All along I thought I would take delivery next Summer of 2021. Now I just learned that next Summer is my estimated delivery. So we're approximately six to seven months from now. I don't understand why GM has made the C8 buying process so difficult and hard to understand. Between people waiting a year and a half or more after being on a list, to dealers selling C8's in their stores for $20K to $30K over sticker, it all just puts a really bad taste in my mouth. To those that already have a C8, I'm sure you'll just say hang in there, it'll be worth it. But quite frankly I'm starting to look at something else to be my 'dream car". I know this is just frustration and venting but I wanted to hear other people's thoughts, both those that already have a C8, as well as those still on a list waiting.
                    There’s a LONG LIST of people who feel the same ... the common response is, the wait is well worth it or you’d be waiting longer for an limited exotic. But of course, the Stingray Corvette isn’t a limited production car, it’s just a high demand car during a pandemic. It would be helpful to provide information as a customer service from either GM or the individual dealer, but that doesn’t happen.

I gave my deposit this June, so the expected wait comes in three parts.

The Wait to get the allocation
                    The Wait to get the order placed
                    The Wait to take delivery

Throughout all this WAITING ... you’ll get limited, if not NO information on your particular “wait”

I feel your pain and if I didn’t have a Corvette already, I’d move on to another Manufacturer. This will be the last time I go through this for a Car, so I guess I just HOPE the WAIT ends soon.

BTW, I ordered my 2021 HTC with Mike Furman At Criswell Chevrolet
                    Last edited by Plentyfast; 11-22-2020, 10:20 AM.
                    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
                    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

If you want the C8, then, you have to fall in and get in line. While it’s unfortunate that the ordering process is or seems so complex, GM faced practically insurmountable odds of releasing it on time, what with the strike, and then Covid following behind several weeks later, it seems that Providence had other ideas.

Does the indefinite waiting suck? ABSOLUTELY, SURE DOES!, but if nothing else, with all this Covid crud, and businesses (including GM & its contractors) losing production, if I’m reading the tea leaves correctly, it bodes well for another low # production year. This too, could be a double edged sword in that if you already have your C8, then hurray for you! But, if you don’t, then, like me, you are concerned about not getting yours or not getting the year you want.
                      "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

We all understand the world stress about the pandemic. This post is not to compare all the world actual problems with the C8 order... this is about the Corvette order process only and product perceptions.

I m also in line for a 2021 and my initial order was made on december 2020. My actual frustrations are about this:
                        • Canadian price is not avaiable at the moment and the 2021 allocation's start... how I can prepare my budget without this information.
                        • Dealer can t help me because he knows nothing (real or not...?)
                        • I ve seen some C8 colors but how I can be sure of my final color choice...
                        • All the issues and design problems... it s a bit scary. I had no problem with my C7...

Torch Red HTC with black top and nacelles, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Splash guards, front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers mirrors and Z51 spoiler. Edge red and carbon flash hash marks

Comment

I guess I understand there is a lot of frustration out there.... We've been buying new Corvettes since the 1960's and, quite honestly, the buying/ordering process hasn't changed much at all. GM still sells cars to 'franchised' dealers. They in turn sell the cars to the ultimate buyers. GM does have some general business guidelines but it's up to the dealers to respect them and manage their customer's experience. Some do an outstanding job (ie: the forum dealers for example) and some don't. Unfortunately, the buyer picks who to deal with. As with most things, and informed decision is the best one.

The big differences from past new model introductions is the overwhelming volume of interest in the C8 and the serious purchase commitments demonstrated by the number of cash deposits going back 18+ months! That was further complicated by the strike. While that certainly wasn't in the business plan for the C8's rollout, those things do happen. Then, of course, we overlay everything with a global pamdemic! NO ONE HAD THAT IN THEIR BUSINESS PLAN.

Bottom line, in my opinion, look around and deal with YOUR OWN personal circumstances. Make your decisions on what YOUR priorities are and move on. Yeah, the C8 is a FANTASTIC toy, but it's still just a car. It shouldn't be the most important thing in life.

Oh and by the way, we really enjoy having our HTC, even though there really isn't anyplace special to go in it. That's the only disappointment.
                          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Sorry, though the four massive factors.

*Demand greater for this vehicles’ reveal than any other one (still people selling $10K over used). [Not my opinion that this car’s rollout has been hotter than all others but that of one of the largest monthly mover of vehicles in our country.]

* Strike.

* Covid

* Sports car’s performance compared to price set/setting new records against other vehicles. How many exotics costing three or even four times as much as still being track embarrassed?

And finally, as noted above, everyone who has survived out their own torturous waiting has said, this car is so worth it. We all wish the wait was not the unhappiness it was and still will be for so many. I expect to see identical threads even one year from now for those trying to get their C8 Stingray and even two years from now for those awaiting a Z06.

Also as noted above, it is worth it or should someone jump ship? But then comes the question, to what would I derive so much happiness and performance from at the price? A few have and I think they made the right choice for themselves.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The cup is half full! Not empty.

Chances are if you are on this forum we are blessed to have the means to buy this toy, lets face it nobody “NEEDS” a corvette.
                              I’ve lost 3 family members to Covid, and many kids go hungry now since the only meals they were getting were IN school.
                              This is in NJ not some third world country.

Yes its been a long long wait, I’ve passed the time by watching videos on the c8 and learning from all the fine people on this forum.
                              For most buying a C8 will only ever be a far distant dream, it might as well be a Bugatti Chiron. It will NEVER happen.
                              Remember how fortunate we all are. Let’s face it waiting on a C8 is a first world problem.

I am happy to say that I got the call from MacMulkin on Friday and I’m finalizing the deal now and my wait will soon be over.
                              I know it will be worth the wait. Just as i did the past year and a half whenever I get frustrated I remind myself of two things...

How lucky I am and how truly blessed you are to even be in this position. STAY POSITIVE!!
                              2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X