MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Daily constant searching I am finding some for sale now; and some allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily constant searching I am finding some for sale now; and some allocations

I am ignorant to the precise usage of many of the terms about buying a car/C8 you guys are using here on a regular basis. In layman's terms, there are C8s showing up for sale on a daily basis I am finding. Today alone a handful, and offers of some 2021 allocations. What that means translated into the lingo ya'll talk... I'm not sure. Just using the term allocation I'm sure I'm flubbing it somehow.

However, I have seen $35k over; and 5 today about $20k over. One as far as I can tell none over, but it has dealer add-ons.

I'm looking for a base, and these at over $110, almost $120k are too rich for my blood.

Some dealers also have used, too.

I "got on a list" too. Again, I have no clue if I'm doing it right.

That is all for now.

This thread, which while long, is worth your time reading, and then a second read. It will help you become familiar with the GM purchasing process.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered

As to most, probably 95%, of those listed for sale are already pre-sold custom (customer specific) orders. In GM’s system once a vehicle leaves the assembly plant until it is actually finally paid for by the end customer, that whole interim time it is listed as “for sale.” So misleading. Sorry about that.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I chased a 2020 loaded 3LT that was listed at $6K below MSRP.

When I finally got in touch with the dealer they said it was not delivered yet but already sold.

Don't understand why they bothered to list the car on Auto Trader if it was already sold.

They didn't even try to sell me something else.

Lots of games being played but you never know when you might actually find a real deal.

Good luck,
      Paul

Comment

Yeah, I understand that the process/mechanism that includes dealers' pre-ordered (presumed will be followed-through on) show up in "the system" which propagates to such things as AutoTrader/CarGurus/CarsDOTcom.... But, I've gotten more than I expected replies from these "in transit" ones that they were backed out. 10, 15, 20 and 35,000 over sticker.

Comment

I’ve been looking and checking cars.com everyday since August. I would email every dealership within 500 miles. The one dealership I emailed said that C8 was pre sold. Then 2 hours later the manager called me back and said just a few minutes ago we had a cancellation. It’s a black 3LT front lift Z51 mag ride order. Status 3000. Worked out a deal on my trade and slightly over sticker on the C8. Happy camper and the harder you work the luckier you get is my motto.

Yeah I had a deposit on a black same options 2021 at a local dealership. But with probably a July build ( if lucky ) and a price increase of $1500 and my trade would be worth much less.

No way was I paying $20K over sticker for a used C8. Not even $5K either which there weren’t any at this time. Even 1 LT trim models were asking crazy mark ups. Plus some Vin #s fell within the possible batch of bad valve springs which I didn’t want to mess with.
          Last edited by MikeC8; Yesterday, 08:37 AM.
          Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3300

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X