MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Small dealership Allocations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small dealership Allocations?

My dealership put me on the 2021 order many, many moons ago, think I was number 3 on his list. They submitted the initial order and got a order number of XWCTDR (Whatever that means) so, so far I think so well.

I saw the allocations came out with a couple hundred each for the big dealers. Any idea's on how Chevy may be handling smaller dealers.

They are a high fleet dealer but rather low volume Vette store.

Just curious. Sales manager is super helpful but they don't know numbers yet and wondering if there is any sort of super secret site that may mention dealership allocations.

Thanks.

I'm no expert and there are better informed members on this forum who will respond but it is my understanding it is based on the previous years Corvette sales. How many years they go back I am not sure. I have had a deposit down at a top 20 dealer in Corvette volume since August for a 2021 but really don't know if I will get one. I do know where I stand on the list and also know there are at least 150 behind me but they don't even know what their exact yearly allocation will be. They got I believe 20 cars for the first month.
    Mike
    2021 Zeus Bronze Coupe on order
    2015 Chevrolet Caprice/Holden PPV cammed

Comment

The number of Corvettes sold each year by the top 100 dealers is not that secret. Just search this forum or google it. However, in these uniquely challenging times, the dealer allocations are only known for a month or so in advance, and could be quite different for '21s as they were for 2020.

Most quality, straight forward dealers will tell you what their allocation is and where you stand in their pecking order.

That number you mention indicates that your order has been entered with Chevrolet and is probably at Code 1100, meaning it's in their system but not yet paired with a dealer allocation.
      Last edited by George; 11-20-2020, 10:25 AM.
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
      '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      '14 Black Z51 Coupe
      '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
      '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Originally posted by Lewsthomas View Post
        My dealership put me on the 2021 order many, many moons ago, think I was number 3 on his list. They submitted the initial order and got a order number of XWCTDR (Whatever that means) so, so far I think so well.

I saw the allocations came out with a couple hundred each for the big dealers. Any idea's on how Chevy may be handling smaller dealers.

Just curious. Sales manager is super helpful but they don't know numbers yet and wondering if there is any sort of super secret site that may mention dealership allocations.

Thanks.
        Try and find out how many allocations they got for the first 3-month consensus for the 2021MY and what they got last year to get an idea of when you might be matched with an allocation. GM tends to assign dealer allocation by percentages. If,...say they anticipate 10 total cars and you’re #3, you’d be at the 30% metric meaning if,...say, a major dealer gets 900 cars, you’d get matched when they matched 270 (give or take). If they are only getting 4 cars, you’re at about 75% and that means the big dealer would have to match 675.

Again, these is ballpark estimates. Additionally, that’s just to get matched and going to event 3000. When your car would actually be built in relation to others is impossible to say.

Comment

As noted precisely above, having an order number probably means just that it was properly entered into the GM WorkBench software system, is status 1100, for without an allocation it could go nowhere. Critical you find out information that George and Wingnut and fetters noted.

Best of luck. Getting a dealer allocation matched with your order (your dealer choosing your order to pai with that GM Corvette allocation) is the golden ticket to getting your C8.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Lewsthomas, have your dealership contact their Zone Manager — who might be able to provide their allocation amounts for these first three months. Best of luck.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm also on a smaller dealerships order list; I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a dealership getting more allocations in the second quarter/later quarters than the first?

Obviously no (except maybe GM) knows right now, but I was wondering if historically it's been most allocations in the first quarter, then dropping down some in the next three? I've seen folks talking about how Dec/Jan allocations will probably be less than the initial Nov allocations. I'm right on the bubble currently depending on how the rest of the year looks compared to the first quarter.

Of course, this discounts anything unexpected happening like more COVID issues or if they shorten the year to get the 22s back on their normal model year cadence.

Comment

Originally posted by profanum429 View Post
                I'm also on a smaller dealerships order list; I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a dealership getting more allocations in the second quarter/later quarters than the first?

Obviously no (except maybe GM) knows right now, but I was wondering if historically it's been most allocations in the first quarter, then dropping down some in the next three? I've seen folks talking about how Dec/Jan allocations will probably be less than the initial Nov allocations. I'm right on the bubble currently depending on how the rest of the year looks compared to the first quarter.

Of course, this discounts anything unexpected happening like more COVID issues or if they shorten the year to get the 22s back on their normal model year cadence.
                I'm not sure history means much of anything during these trying times. Everyone, including GM and their suppliers are operating with more short term concerns than ever before. As has been noted they're trying to look forward 2 - 3 months, but for now at least, full years allocation forecasts are not likely.
                '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Originally posted by Lewsthomas View Post

Thanks.
                  My dealer only got 3 2020s that actually went to Status 3000 and were made. I was #4 so I got bumped to #1 for 2021. He received 1 consensus for this very first slot and I'm at 3000 status now. So even some really small guys got cars in this first sequence.

Comment

Your dealer can find his first three month's allocation numbers in GM Global Connect. It's not a secret as there is a specific Corvette Allocation Guide for each dealer showing Nov, Dec, and Jan allocations available (at this time and subject to change).
                    Ron Shinault
                    Weber Chevrolet
                    Columbia, IL
                    2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
                    314-677-7114

Comment

Can someone clarify something.

I spoke to a dealer who said he already put in his 1st round of orders in according to the allocations he got, he said i can get in the 2nd batch.

Does this mean he already got allocation numbers for Nov? or for Nov, Dec, & Jan?

Comment

Originally posted by CalebK View Post

My dealer only got 3 2020s that actually went to Status 3000 and were made. I was #4 so I got bumped to #1 for 2021. He received 1 consensus for this very first slot and I'm at 3000 status now. So even some really small guys got cars in this first sequence.
                        Literal exact same scenario except I didn’t even put in a 2020. My local dealer(who is my friend) got 4 allocations I told him I’d buy the 4th at some point. Well 3 made it to 3000. Now I haven’t even put down a deposit and have my perfect build sitting at 3000 status as his first 21. I’m not sure how many he got for the first 3 months but I think it’s at least 2. Tiny dealer. Probably 3 vettes a year usually.

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post
                          Can someone clarify something.

I spoke to a dealer who said he already put in his 1st round of orders in according to the allocations he got, he said i can get in the 2nd batch.

Does this mean he already got allocation numbers for Nov? or for Nov, Dec, & Jan?

Dealers who received allocation for last Thursday’s first 2021 consensus, also got their exact allocation numbers for the next one (Dec 10th) and the third one that GM shared with them (Jan 14th).

We have heard that some smaller dealers however got no allocations for any of those three consensus.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Dealers who received an allocation for last Thursday’s first 2021 consensus, also got their exact allocation numbers for the next one (Dec 10th) and the third one that GM shared with them (Jan 14th).

We have heard that some smaller dealers however got no allocations for any of those three consensus.
                            Thanks!

So essentially, being told I can get in the next batch/round of allocations means I can possibly get a FEB allocation when GM gives dealers those feb,mar,apr numbers?
                            In that case what's the expected date GM will let dealers know?

Comment

That is the big question for which we do not know the answer yet— nor do the dealers. Probably the first week of February dealers would get not just their Feb allocation amount but also their March and April ones.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X