MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Carbon Flash Painted Ground Effects - Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My C8 is on it’s wayto Htown should be here tonight, will take delivery tomorrow! My birthday is today. Left BG factory yesterday morning. Was built on Monday! ⚡️⚡️
    2020 Blade Gray Metallic HTC LT3 Tan Dipped Carbon Flash

Comment

Deposit placed w/Criswell on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

HTX HTC,

Congrats, when did you put down your deposit?

Thanks,
        Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Texas BA View Post
          HTX HTC,

Congrats, when did you put down your deposit?

Thanks,
          Lee
          Put the deposit down in Dec2019
          Last edited by HTX HTC; 11-20-2020, 09:26 AM.
          2020 Blade Gray Metallic HTC LT3 Tan Dipped Carbon Flash

Comment

HTX HTC,

Thanks, wish I had gone with your dealer I put mine down Oct2019 and still don't have any idea from my dealer when I will get a car. I'm at number 212 on his list. I'm at Classic Chevrolet in the DFW Area. So after my last discussion with them I put down another deposit with Criswell Chevrolet and they are saying I'm looking at a 2022 in November or December of next year. At this point I'm so frustrated with the process I'm thinking about just going to Porsche and saying to heck with GM. Enjoy your car and be glad you didn't use Classic.

Thanks,
            Lee

Comment

HTX HTC,

Thanks, wish I had gone with your dealer I put mine down Oct2019 and still don't have any idea from my dealer when I will get a car. I'm at number 212 on his list. I'm at Classic Chevrolet in the DFW Area. So after my last discussion with them I put down another deposit with Criswell Chevrolet and they are saying I'm looking at a 2022 in November or December of next year. At this point I'm so frustrated with the process I'm thinking about just going to Porsche and saying to heck with GM. Enjoy your car and be glad you didn't use Classic.

Thanks,
              Lee
              I put my deposit in with Mike at Criswell June 18th, but I have no idea when he’ll get my allocation to actually place the order with GM. I’m hoping I’ll have my 2021 HTC next Summer or Fall with a NCM delivery. But who knows when you’re not getting any information.
              Deposit placed w/Criswell on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey

Comment

HTX HTC,

Thanks,
                Lee
                I tried to put down a deposit with them for a 2021 late last year. They weren’t interested in starting a 2021 list so I put down a deposit on January 29th 2020 with MacMulkin. I just got an allocation for a 2021 in this first round, hopefully I’ll have my car by February. I’m so glad I didn’t go with Classic or my small local dealer ($2500 ADM), in either case I would still be waiting. Might have been a 2022 with my local dealer.

Comment

16falcon,

Yes it has been a frustrating process. When I started this pursuit I didn't want to put down a deposit before seeing the car in person and at least sitting in it so I waited until GM brought one to Classic for their kick off tour and went to that on 10-26-19. I liked the car and put down a deposit that day for a 2020 HTC. Now I feeling like I'm getting the run around from Classic. When I asked about getting on the Z06 list because I was having to wait so long I was told that list was for people that had bought Corvettes from them before and as I had not could not get on that list. That's when I called Mike Furman with Criswell and one of his guys called me back and I've put down a deposit with them. They said it would be a 2022 and I'm sure there is a price increase coming to MY2022 from GM, so yes I'm very frustrated and loosing interest in the car at this point.

May have to find someone else to take my money for a car and maybe a different car as well.

Thanks,
                  Lee

Comment

16falcon,

Yes it has been a frustrating process. When I started this pursuit I didn't want to put down a deposit before seeing the car in person and at least sitting in it so I waited until GM brought one to Classic for their kick off tour and went to that on 10-26-19. I liked the car and put down a deposit that day for a 2020 HTC. Now I feeling like I'm getting the run around from Classic. When I asked about getting on the Z06 list because I was having to wait so long I was told that list was for people that had bought Corvettes from them before and as I had not could not get on that list. That's when I called Mike Furman with Criswell and one of his guys called me back and I've put down a deposit with them. They said it would be a 2022 and I'm sure there is a price increase coming to MY2022 from GM, so yes I'm very frustrated and loosing interest in the car at this point.

May have to find someone else to take my money for a car and maybe a different car as well.

Thanks,
                    Lee
                    At this rate hell knows what the 2022 or 2023 will cost or even look like. Sorry for all the jerking around you’re getting, that’s crazy.

Comment

Sorry you’re having such a bad experience. I guess I got fairly lucky with my timing. I hesitated through last fall, I couldn’t decided if I really wanted to spend that much money right as I retire. When I was finally ready to pull the trigger, in January 2020, I knew I would be lucky to get a 2020 (pre COVID) so I elected to just get on MacMulkin’s list for a 2021. So I haven’t been waiting and waiting for a 2020, I knew at the outset it would be a 2021. I was expecting to have it by now, but the wait until next February hasn’t annoyed me that much, given the world situation. By reading here and other forums, I was educated enough to avoid my small dealer with $2500 over MSRP (and few allocations), and Classic was uninterested in putting me on a list for a 2021 so I blew them off. I was not impressed with them when I called. In hindsight it has worked out OK for me. You might give MacMulkin a call If you really want a 2021, they are straight shooters and should be happy to give you an estimate of what they might be able to do for you. I know they have a Z06 list too. Good luck no matter what you decide, I hope you end up happy.

Comment

Does anyone think that carbon fiber ground effects clashes with carbon-flash metallic rear spoiler and side mirrors?

Comment

Originally posted by baudio View Post
                          Does anyone think that carbon fiber ground effects clashes with carbon-flash metallic rear spoiler and side mirrors?
                          I think so, "IF" I get the ground effects, it will be carbon flash that will match the top, mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

No because it still matches the black in the mesh on the CF
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	210408
                            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                              No because it still matches the black in the mesh on the CF

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	210408
                              Frenzy36...your CF looks awesome! What color is your rear spoiler?

Comment

Originally posted by baudio View Post

Frenzy36...your CF looks awesome! What color is your rear spoiler?
                                Thank You I purchased mine with the Z51 Morello Red Low Stock Wing and Mike Furman had the Carbon Flash High Wing installed before I left the dealership. (Thanks Mike) - That we can and will change. There was not any Carbon Fiber High Wings when I received my car.

Name:	IMG_1096.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	210826
                                Rocket City Florida

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X