MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Ordering Of 2021’s Expected Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Of 2021’s Expected Soon

We are getting fairly close to first dealers being told their initial 2021 allocations and then just a little afterwards the first of the 2021 orders being officially submitted. Such orders will go through a three-part matching: first an allocation being GM offered to a dealership; next a dealership offering it to a specific customer; and then the customer making the actual option/color choices for their order to officially go in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1B1A11D2-11D7-44D0-864B-A3936066F8DE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	215.9 KB ID:	201637

We believe but of course GM has not yet provided us any confirming information, that Thursday, November 12th would be the date for the start of the 2021 first consensus. Consensus, for those new to the Corvette ordering process, are a six day window in which GM receives those orders which match those three criteria, then computer selects those which they will first accept (status 2000) — then later further priorities them for status 3000 orders (“order accepted by production control”).

The key is GM accepting an order at status 2000. This is when GM has committed to building your exact order with its options — though we understand that one or two percent of the time something can interfere with one or a couple of options such as a supplier inability to produce it in to meet GM’s rigorous quality standards or similar. [There was even a time about five years ago even a Corvette supplier’s chrome shop burned down which delayed our MECF member’s “Buzz” C7 convertible order six weeks — so x x x x can happen as in the rest of everyone’s life.]

We hope for the best!

Those of you about to order your 2021’s, are you getting excited?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

You betcha! Thanks for the details on how this is done John.

Comment

When GM receives the mega order submittals from dealerships, the computer selection process is truly an advanced mathematical process. I once started down the six pages of math formulas to try and figure it out but failed midway through page two. I failed both at the math and to figure out GM’s priorities.

Just like the 2020’s, for 2021’s there will be overriding production limitations, e.g., no two HTC’s going down the line back to back. Might there be others we do not know about? The good news is that GM learned how to make the production line work during the 2020 MY, and with the limited number of new options and their already running CTF cars down the line, GM has all this figured out. For example, they already know and and installed the new, standard, 2021 FE2 mag ride suspension vehicles on the 2021 CTF’s when they were integrated down the line with the 2020 customer cars — so again nothing new or needing to be in learning mode. Might however GM have learned that FE2 install’s take a touch more time than regular ones and so they limit them to only again every over one or something like that. We will probably not know those production internal standards for quite a while, but as FE2 is probably (my guess) will only be around 30% or less of all C8’s, that too should not be an issue.

With hopefully suppliers getting all their acts together by the first of January when we expect the 2021 customer C8’s to start down the line, there will be no complicating issues. Here’s to the 2021 production year be very smooth sailing with at least 45,000 units being produced (assuming the year again runs the entire year long), or maybe even that amount of 2021’s being produced even with a shorter length production length year.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I too am excited and cannot wait to hear from my dealer that they have an allocation for my 2021 car. I am on this forum everyday reading all the great information about forum members comments on their C8's and how much they are enjoying the drive. It is to the point where my wife thinks I am nuts.
        Never made 2020 Corvette Order Past 1100 status.

Ordered 2021 Stingray Coupe, 2 LT, GPH Red Mist Tintcoat Metallic, HU6 Trim Suede, Sky Cool Gray Seats, Z51, FE4, TU7 Two Tone Seats, E60 Front Lift, GT2 Seats, ZYC Carbon Flash Painted Outside Mirrors and Spoiler, R8C Corvette Museum Delivery

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

Comment

Don’t tease me ...
          Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
          Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by 71 Vette View Post
            I too am excited and cannot wait to hear from my dealer that they have an allocation for my 2021 car. I am on this forum everyday reading all the great information about forum members comments on their C8's and how much they are enjoying the drive. It is to the point where my wife thinks I am nuts.
            My wife too 👍👍
            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Originally posted by 71 Vette View Post
              Are we “happy” nuts, for we all have OCD, “Obsessive Corvette Disease?”

Comment

John, this question is for you. Given some of us will go in the first consensus for 2021, can you provide your best guess on what might be constraints placed on orders? Specifically color or other options as you mention in this post and others. Thanks, as always, I appreciate your insight.

Comment

Good question. I am guessing that there will be no initial constraints with the possible exception of a one month “delayed availability” for Red Mist and Silver Flare. Sometimes GM has that 30 day delay on brand new colors; yet sometimes it does not.

There will of course be others that are not now available on the build and price such as the wing, the full Jake Stirnger stripe, etc., that will also not be available at the beginning consensus.

Comment

My wife thinks I am nuts too. I hardly washed my previous Vettes, (she did.). Now a I know more about the C8 than I would have ever imagined! And I love to wash it. She tells our friends that she doesn’t know me😄
                    Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

But she secretly admires you.

Comment

Thanks for the update John... Always appreciated!
                        Upcoming: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, Status 3000
                        Current: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Thanks for the info John, very helpful. To say I’m getting excited is an understatement! I’m told I have an early allocation with my dealer so keeping fingers crossed no further delays. And I spent the day on a spirited drive with 4 C8’s, definitely increases the excitement factor!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            When GM receives the mega order submittals from dealerships, the computer selection process is truly an advanced mathematical process. I once started down the six pages of math formulas to try and figure it out but failed midway through page two. I failed both at the math and to figure out GM’s priorities.

Just like the 2020’s, for 2021’s there will be overriding production limitations, e.g., no two HTC’s going down the line back to back. Might there be others we do not know about? The good news is that GM learned how to make the production line work during the 2020 MY, and with the limited number of new options and their already running CTF cars down the line, GM has all this figured out. For example, they already know and and installed the new, standard, 2021 FE2 mag ride suspension vehicles on the 2021 CTF’s when they were integrated down the line with the 2020 customer cars — so again nothing new or needing to be in learning mode. Might however GM have learned that FE2 install’s take a touch more time than regular ones and so they limit them to only again every over one or something like that. We will probably not know those production internal standards for quite a while, but as FE2 is probably (my guess) will only be around 30% or less of all C8’s, that too should not be an issue.

With hopefully suppliers getting all their acts together by the first of January when we expect the 2021 customer C8’s to start down the line, there will be no complicating issues. Here’s to the 2021 production year be very smooth sailing with at least 45,000 units being produced (assuming the year again runs the entire year long), or maybe even that amount of 2021’s being produced even with a shorter length production length year.
                            Another sequencing no-no is more than one of any color in a row. They intentionally run a different color for each car in case of a paint error, there won’t be a whole rash of cars that are affected.
                            Ron Shinault
                            Weber Chevrolet
                            Columbia, IL
                            2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
                            314-677-7114

Comment

Thank Ron. New info to me; quite different when I used to do many C7 planet tours and would at least ten in a row, sometimes as many as twenty.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X