CAUTION 1100 Status 2021 Orders: Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAUTION 1100 Status 2021 Orders: Here we go again

Thanks to a member sharing this, I just learned that some dealers are now entering orders into the GM WorkBench Connect software system. For those new to Corvette ordering, if I can be blunt 1100 status orders mean more than your buying a lottery ticket and then planning to spend your winnings prior to that lottery numbers even being selected.

Here’s a key thread for how GM allocations work when demand exceeds supply. While long, please read it to its end if you are not thoroughly knowledge about the Corvette ordering process.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered

Here’s the real MEAT of what is real and what is not:

*The old enter an order without an allocation, having it become status 1100 stuff means zip, zero, nothing unless later matched with a dealer matching a GM allocation with some actual customer (and then only starting November 12th when GM has issued actual allocations to dealers).
    *As 10,000+ found out the hard way in not getting their 1100 status, 2020’s order’s picked up, 1100 status C8 orders are functionally meaningless in and of themselves.
    *On November 12th (I believe or perhaps the week before) GM will have issued a specific number of 2021 allocations to each dealer. For you to get a 2021, two things must them happen:

A) On the first day of GM officially receiving dealer submitted “orders matched to an allocation”, then an order can be GM accepted (becoming status 2000). Once accepted GM has committed to building that exact order for that customer. AND,
    B) Unless a dealer matches a GM 2021 C8 allocation with you/your order, it will sit there either not entered (worthless to getting your car) or it could sit at status 1100 if he/she entered it prior to that first consensus start (and again without a matching allocation to your specific order/customer it is WORTHLESS.

So to get a 2021 four things must all happen.

1) GM gives your dealer a 2021 Corvette allocation;
    2) Your dealer chooses you/your order to match it with;
    3) The dealer then during a consensus period, has your ordered entered in the GM WorkBenchConnect system; and lastly,
    4) Before that consensus is over, your order has become status 2000 (or higher)

BEST OF LUCK!

Questions are welcomed below.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

John, when I park our C8 anywhere, we end up talking with people that " are on my dealers list". They have no idea of the allocation system and how that relates to an order. One person stated to me that they placed a $30,000 deposit with Randy Marion Chevrolet in Mooresville NC,, and have no idea when or if they will get a car. The sales people are telling him nothing. and with all this, they remain defensive about using 'their dealer". So sad what is happening.
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

You are so right Racer86. It is sad especially for whom this is going to be their first Corvette if their dream vanishes down the road months and months without any communication — or worse yet dishonesty and not realizable promises.

The key as we who have been around know, is to first deal with a dealer who has 100% integrity. Many, many do have that value and treat their customers honestly. One told a friend of mine last November that there is no chance I can get you a 2020, but I will be able to get you a 2021. That dealer charges up front a $1,000 deposit, in in writing on the order it says “fully refundable prior to our placing your actual order.”

My friend chose to go elsewhere, went with a forum dealer who had definite 2020 allocations and he is now driving his C8 (just got it).
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My Money is in Mike Fuman's Bank Account ... and has been since June 18th 2020 and that's where my Trust is.

It's out of my hands and until my Money or C8 Keys are in my hands.
        Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
        Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

IMO It's absolutely critical to talk with someone who has already received their Corvette from your selected dealer to make sure they are upfront and honest.
          That should be step one.
          Step 2 always get something in writing. A deposit should be refundable IN WRITING!
          A purchase will go nowhere if it isn't entered in Workbench, but it also won't go anywhere without a Purchase agreement. And even then there is no guarantee that they can get you a C8. That is why an honest dealer is the only dealer you should deal with.
          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
            My Money is in Mike Fuman's Bank Account ... and has been since June 18th 2020 and that's where my Trust is.

It's out of my hands and until my Money or C8 Keys are in my hands.
            You need to rethink that as your money is not going back into your hands. Mike will deliver your keys . Lol
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

I talked with a elderly man the other day and he told me he paid 10K over his order price and the dealer is promising his car within 2 months from his ordered time. I said that appears to be a good deal if true as he didn't wish to wait a year or longer. He also asked if I would go with him to the dealer. I then told him of this site and explained how the allocation process worked as simple as I could for him, but he is of the belief his dealer can order a car and have it delivered within 2 months. I did tell him to be very cautious and if they start giving excuses when the 2 month window arrives demand his money back.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                I talked with a elderly man the other day and he told me he paid 10K over his order price and the dealer is promising his car within 2 months from his ordered time. I said that appears to be a good deal if true as he didn't wish to wait a year or longer. He also asked if I would go with him to the dealer. I then told him of this site and explained how the allocation process worked as simple as I could for him, but he is of the belief his dealer can order a car and have it delivered within 2 months. I did tell him to be very cautious and if they start giving excuses when the 2 month window arrives demand his money back.
                Any dealer that took this man's money and guaranteed a two month delivery time apparently just got their license! No dealer that has gone through 2020 would EVER guarantee a time as we have all seen how well production and delivery has worked out so far. That is the start of a dishonest deal... wait, no the $10k over was the start of it!
                Ron Shinault
                Weber Chevrolet
                Columbia, IL
                2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
                314-677-7114

Comment

Great news for your friend getting his /hers C8 from a forum dealer. I keep telling people to come to this forum, to learn about the current C8 buying process and the great forum dealers here, but most still want to stay in the dark. One old corvette owner told me that he had met Mike Furman at a bash, but didn't want to buy from him because he " sells too many corvettes" . Amazing. The person with the $30k deposit at Randy Marion told me his salesman was a good friend, but has not heard from him at all. In his case, I asked him if he wanted a car or a friend. They just cant accept that some dealers are not straight shooters. Like your first post here today, I try to tell them how to do this, but I guess the male ego is just too fragile to learn new things.
                  As I age, the more I learn tells me I have a lot more to learn.
                  3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Also, “Trusting “X” Dealer” is one thing, verifying your dealer as one who possess integrity, can be a whole different story. As previously stated above, the dealers mentioned as sponsors of the forum, have already been “vetted” no pun intended. My dealer was not one listed, but is in the top 11 for US Corvette Dealers. I have full confidence that I’ll get a 2021 C8. Not a matter of if, but only of when. Which is why it is critically important to “Trust. But verify”. Which is also why John has stated multiple times on this forum that the Corvette Dealers who are sponsors on this forum are solid!
                    Last edited by hogyld; 10-21-2020, 08:15 PM.
                    "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

You need to rethink that as your money is not going back into your hands. Mike will deliver your keys . Lol
                      then maybe Mike has a Big Box of whatever he like to Drink coming to him.
                      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
                      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

but he is of the belief his dealer can order a car and have it delivered within 2 months.
                        That's where GM and / or the dealer fails their buyers. I had never bought a Corvette before, but I have bought many GM's including a somewhat rare Camaro SS. They were all delivered to me in 2 to 3 months. Until now that's how I thought all car purchases were. If it weren't for my friends "in-the-know" telling me to get in line I'd never have gotten one!
                        It's a pity there isn't more readily available info out there so that the ordinary buyer is aware of how purchasing a Corvette is. They are vulnerable to dishonest dealers.
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                          That's where GM and / or the dealer fails their buyers. I had never bought a Corvette before, but I have bought many GM's including a somewhat rare Camaro SS. They were all delivered to me in 2 to 3 months. Until now that's how I thought all car purchases were. If it weren't for my friends "in-the-know" telling me to get in line I'd never have gotten one!
                          It's a pity there isn't more readily available info out there so that the ordinary buyer is aware of how purchasing a Corvette is. They are vulnerable to dishonest dealers.
                          In fairness, anytime before Summer of 2019 you could have walked in and ordered a Corvette from a dealer and as long as they sell enough to get allocations you would have gotten it in roughly 6-8 weeks. To put this into perspective, GM unveiled what can only be considered a "supercar" in comparison to any other we have ever offered. They threw a starting price of $60k at it (I just delivered an $86k Suburban), and the world went crazy over it. They unveiled a Hummer with a starting price of $112k and I can guarantee they won't have a 100th of the list for that vehicle.

If this were any "normal" vehicle, I think it's fair to now say the C8 is not normal, then none of us would have the same complaints we have now. Yes, the wait before COVID was going to be dramatic compared to history, but 2020 has just made it that much worse on all of us so it seems even worse than it would have been had COVID not hit.
                          Ron Shinault
                          Weber Chevrolet
                          Columbia, IL
                          2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
                          314-677-7114

Comment

In many respects, people are foolish for not doing their due diligence with a large dollar purchase like this. With the Internet, that work is relatively easy. I am sure most of us remember the good ole days and making phone call after phone,and being told "if you are serious, come on in..." I also remember going the the local library to review the latest Edmunds Guide.

Comment

The 2020 c8 model year was a per effect storm of outstanding and horror show. First the strike and then Covid — still effecting many suppliers, but on the positive side under $60,000 for IMO they should have listed it as $64,995 for when they said under 3.0 seconds to $60,000 and had they said $64,995, their waiting list right now would be over one year long.

Too **** good a car at too cheap a price and add in the horrors that this year has been so ugly for those that wanted a 2020 and could not get it, is far from surprising. Some could well be in the same place a year from now and then again two years ago waiting to get their C8 Z06.

The car is a super car at a below market price. I was listening to a podcast two days ago (thanks to our forum member “Fasttoy” sending it to me) in which a wholesaler who sells 1,000 vehicles every month said two things, “ the C8 is now averaging, used, at $15,000 over MSRP,” and he added that in his many decades in the industry he has “never seen a new vehicle be so hot for so long.”

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X