MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Does anyone who has a 2021 order with Mike Furman know what # they are on his list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone who has a 2021 order with Mike Furman know what # they are on his list

I hear great things about Mike Furman, does he let you know what # you are on his list?
    Does he keep you updated every couple of months or if you contact him every 2 months
    will he tell you what # you are?

I assume your # will not change until he actually starts matching 2021 allocations with orders next month.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike Furman’s list is time and date stamped for every order and no one moves ahead of another person’s place. Believe me, people have even tried to bribe him and all have failed.

With some practicing multiple dealer signups, those priority list numbers change very frequently. Of course we are talking not just people dropping off his list for that one reason, but also all the other major reasons: financial issues, medical, divorce, “found my ideal 1963 split window and I will get my C8 in a couple of years,” etc. So a top dealer’s list changes literally several times weekly, sometimes daily. Mike says that in ordering for a new Corvette generation 30-40% drop off for some reason.

As to your wanting to know the answer to your question, you should call him and talk with him directly. He has a C8, has personally owned 21 Corvettes in his life and loves to talk Corvettes. He is desk-direct at: (301) 212-4420.

We got our C8 from Mike. It was an excellent experience!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

NO I haven't ... I received an email from him on the day my account was deducted $1000, June 18th 2020, that it would be a 10 month wait for allocation. Once "my" allocation come up, he will go line-by-line to place my order. I'm guessing he hasn't received his allocations, but I'm sure he knows what position you are in his File Cabinet ... I see no reason why that should be Top Secret
      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I have a deposit with Mike Furman for a 2021. He does not give numbers as where you stand, he told me at the time of my deposit that I will get a car in late spring of 21. That is all I need to know, Mike Furman is a first class individual with a solid record of delivering what he states. I met him in 2014 at Carlisle when I had my C7 on order with a local dealer, even knowing this fact Mike treated me as if I ordered my C7 from him. He is one of a kind in the car business, honest, sincere and more importantly the most knowledgeable individual about anything related to the Corvette.

Comment

Relax, Mike will do you right. We bought our C8 from him, easy straight up deal. Between Mike and Shane at the museum, it was a fun journey all the way.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

I got my C8 from Mike and agree he is simply the best. I also have my name on his list for the next high performance C8 version (Z06 or whatever it is called). I do not know where I am on his list, but I am absolutely confident Mike will call me and his other customers in the exact order they were added to his list. You can't go wrong dealing with Mr. Furman.
            Delivered 9/5/2020: 2LT C8 Coupe, Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Lift, Spectra Gray Tridents, GT1 Seats, Jet Black Interior, Splash Guards

Comment

Mike is true honest to the 10 th degree.. One bad deal and he would lose a lot of orders.. I'm Vin#13,159 Matrix Gray,red calipers , HP exhaust, black fender stripes, red interior, black rocker accent and transparent roof ..Built last Friday - car is on its' way- Vette Ed
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Edd; 10-16-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STEVEC8 View Post
                I hear great things about Mike Furman, does he let you know what # you are on his list?
                Does he keep you updated every couple of months or if you contact him every 2 months
                will he tell you what # you are?

I assume your # will not change until he actually starts matching 2021 allocations with orders next month.

Thanks in advance!!
                In short ... make all your plans for the year 2021 Tentative.
                Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey

Comment

John Question about these allocations, are these given to the dealers monthly or Bi-monthly?

Comment

They have been give out every way you can imagine. Here’s the only constant, that a consensus starts on a Thursday.

Sometimes GM gives them out for a long block of time such as you will have 30 allocations for the next three months and we estimate you’ll have 90 for the nine months thereafter. That is the way the initial 2020 allocations were to,d to dealers in late August, 2019 and very early September.

Sometimes they are giving out monthly as a very precise number, e.g., dealer X, you will have 10 allocations for the next month and we will later tell what did they can officially get submitted.

Sometimes they divide the allocations out for two different consensus during a month, e.g., Dealer X we all have five allocations for you on Thursday November X and five more allocations on Thursday November Y.

Right now even the top dealerships have neither been told their allocation amount(s) nor when the first consensus for the 2021 model year will start.

I still believe that they will start on November 15th. As to whether GM will tell them in advance of that date their estimated allocations for the whole month, for the quarter, or for the model year is anyone’s guess.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

November 15th is a Sunday?

Comment

Thanks, I keep trying my best to explain this to people who ask "didn't you order a C8"?

I say, well, I put money down for a spot in line that I don't where I'm at, for an order I don't know when will be placed, but yea ... I'm getting a C8.

The looks I get are incredible

Comment

Whoops; instead it would be Thursday, November 12th. Again this date is my belief based on several factors. It has not yet been GM confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                            Thanks, I keep trying my best to explain this to people who ask "didn't you order a C8"?

I say, well, I put money down for a spot in line that I don't where I'm at, for an order I don't know when will be placed, but yea ... I'm getting a C8.

The looks I get are incredible
                            This is the exact same response you would be getting from Ferrari on their models for which demand exceeds supply, and the identical response you would be getting from quite a few other exotics who have the “‘problem” of demand exceeding supply.

This is also the case for other non sports cars at lower price points where demand exceed supply. Try and get a Toyota RAV4 plug in hybrid Prime; here are some of the responses that I got from some dealers: “‘you can go on this list — for which we do not know when we are getting more, nor what will even be the options on those vehicles we hope to get sometime in 2021,” OR, “we do not take/make lists,” OR, “for $20,000 market adjustment (on a vehicle that lists for $40,000) we will see what we can do.”

Thankfully after over a month of that malarkey from several Toyota dealers, we found one who is being straight with us and is trying to get us one at MSRP. But nothing definite yet.

It is far from just being GM. Remember also the issues of those trying to get a Hellcat when they first came out or a Ford GT?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Whoops; instead it would be Thursday, November 12th. Again this date is my belief based on several factors. It has not yet been GM confirmed.
                              Thanks for sharing this with us whom are patiently waiting. Ordered 07-26-19 and I've been bumped to a 2021 and will be in the first wave of allotments when they are released. 👍👍
                              Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X