MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Who do I believe, Chevrolet and my dealer or Corvette Concierge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I believe, Chevrolet and my dealer or Corvette Concierge?

Hi, all - First post, though I've been lurking a few months. I've got production status of 3300, and according to both my dealer and Chevrolet (via calling their Customer Service line, option 4) TPW is this next week, 21st Sept, but the Corvette Concierge is telling me TPW is not set. So I'm wondering if anyone has any sense of which source has proven to be more accurate? I'm inclined to believe the dealer and Chevrolet, but the fact that they're not in agreement is worrisome. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by improviz; 09-18-2020, 06:16 PM.

Sometimes the Concierge is not having the ability to share info or does not yet have it. As your dealer is telling you a specific TPW and it is next few week, I would believe them.

Welcome to our friendly forum “improviz!”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Dealers don't know TPW's, they read codes from the system. I don't know about this "order hotline". I always found the chat function to be reliable. The CCs have been getting a bad rep lately.

If it really is next week, then your dealer will see it at 3800 when built. So you could always wait a few days.
      2020 C8 Corvette
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC
      Spectra Grey Tridents
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Thanks, guys! Well, "order hotline" was the incorrect nomenclature, if I can edit that I'll correct it... It's actually the Chevrolet Customer Service number, used option 4 to get a status check: (800) 222-1020.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum - As most of us have had bad experiences with Concierge- I know I did many times. Anyway your best bet is patience and wait to receive the call and be surprised - otherwise it will all drive you Bonkers. Even after it is built it Could Possibly be stuck for weeks or more. Congrats on getting yours soon.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Congrats on getting your new C8 soon.
            Welcome to the forum 🍻🍻
            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Very excited and really looking forward to getting the car, hopefully it won't be too much longer! 🤞🤞

Comment

Originally posted by improviz View Post
                Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Very excited and really looking forward to getting the car, hopefully it won't be too much longer! 🤞🤞
                Congrats! It won't be long now. At 3300 your car is scheduled for production. That means it will be produced within 2 weeks. A vin is assigned at 3400 usually at 7 or 8 days before the build DAY. Your parts are in the factory already and you should now have a vin and should be at 3400. Your dealer can tell you if the status has been updated to 3400.
                When did you last check with your dealer?
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Been in the same situation with my TPW , came off the line last Wednesday 9/17. I felt that the Concierge was and is a good idea but when the Virus shutdown happened they lost all communication to the true facts. We kept getting the generic answer to call back in 2 or 3 weeks. I was trying to get the Photo Album from the NCM, but they were sold out for the remainder of the 2020's, and they gave me a TPW first 8/31 that came and went and they said 9/7 and that came and went. I also emailed the CC and they kept saying the Generic Answer, call in 2 or 3 weeks we show you at code 3300. The Friday before the 9/14 week started, I was given that as my TPW and a sequence number by the NCM. The CC had no clue, told me to call back in 2 weeks. Monday 9/14 I went to 3400 and 9/17 to 3800 my C8 was born.
                  J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                  "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

NJfisherman, that is wonderful that your C8 was born this last week. Here’s to it arriving at your dealer really soon!
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hi, Murray - Thanks! Last update I got from dealer was the 4th, he said it was assigned TPW of 9/21/20, he's figuring on it arriving early Oct if there are no SNAFUs. However, as of Thursday according to concierge it was still at 3300, so it looks like there may have already been a SNAFU: I just checked with Chevrolet Cust Service again and it's still at 3300, although TPW is still 9/21. 😮

Comment

Hi, Murray - Thanks! Last update I got from dealer was the 4th, he said it was assigned TPW of 9/21/20, he's figuring on it arriving early Oct if there are no SNAFUs. However, as of Thursday according to concierge it was still at 3300, so it looks like there may have already been a SNAFU: I just checked with Chevrolet Cust Service again and it's still at 3300, although TPW is still 9/21. 😮
                        That's OK to be at 3300 at this point. Your car may be scheduled for Sept 25th and it was more than a week out. BUT I'm almost certain that the U.S. customer service and the CC are working off a week old report. I know that for a fact it's like that in Canada and they tightened up long after the U.S.CC did. They both used to have access to Order Management, but they became overwhelmed and closed off communications and instead give them a report once a week. That is why your dealer is the best source of information because he can always see the actual status code for all his orders all the time. I strongly suggest that you check with your dealer on Monday for the status code.
                        Good advice for everyone. Your dealer is your best source of information these days.
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in exactly the same position as you are. My expectation/hope is that things will break very quickly next week, even though CC still shows 3300.

Fingers and toes crossed at this point, lets hope that TPW is accurate for us both!
                          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                          '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                          '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                          '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                          '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                          '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Ordered 7/28/19 / 3800 9/25/20 / 4150 9/28 / 5000 10/1/20😀

Comment

Good to know, thanks!! I’ll ping dealer on Monday, hopefully will get some good news! 🤞🤞

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in exactly the same position as you are. My expectation/hope is that things will break very quickly next week, even though CC still shows 3300.

Fingers and toes crossed at this point, lets hope that TPW is accurate for us both!
                              Same here 3300 TPW 9/21 and talked to dealer last Friday.
                              1931 Model A Coupe 1971 Olds 98 Cotner Bevington Ambulance (Oldsmobile's Plant 1 Service Car now a rat rod) 1972 Hurst Olds W30 (1 of 7) 1985 EL Camino 2020 ELB C8
                              You only have to be 10% smarter the the thing your working on.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X