MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Dealer allocations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer allocations?

Hi,
    Can anyone clarify how dealer allocations work? As in are their allocations monthly, yearly, etc?

Thanks.

Changes from time to time, but allocations are when demand exceeds supply, i.e., the C8 set records on this. First some background before trying to get to the meat of your question .

GM rewards dealers for the previous year’s Corvette sales by proportionally allocating allocations. We do not yet know details of the 2021 process but expect dealers to soon know their estimated first batch amounts for the September actual order entry, “matched with allocations for that time period,” process. So if dealer X were granted ten (10) allocations that they can submit at that time, that dealer will prioritize the ten customers they are choosing to match with those allocations for the first six day consensus occurring then. Those ten orders for that dealer will be formally accepted by GM during that first consensus, becoming status 2000. If the dealer chooses to enter any number above the ten they were granted, those additional orders will become 1100 status — and will stay there until the dealer gets more allocations in a subsequent consensus and again matches those with the dealer-chosen next batch of customers. If as 10,000, or was it 25,000, C8 orders sorrowfully stayed until 1100 when the 2020 ordering acceptance process ended, getting only to 1100 status will be truly worthless in terms of getting a C8. That could again happen for 2021.

We hope to get the hard answer to your question Chev shortly. I think, but not confirmed, that GM will give the dealers not just a hard number of definite first-consensus-batch (Sept) allocations but also an estimated total number of allocations for the whole year. All the dealers I have talked with are working on the assumption that they will be getting the same number of total. 2021 allocations as they were given in early September, 2019 (though we know the strike and virus kicked those numbers to roughly 40% of that amount when all was said and will be done for 2020).

Chev, many of us will keep digging to get you a more precise answer to your key question. In the interim, lots more background info in this threadL

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I want to just make sure I get this waiting correct ...

Example: Assuming 2021 C8s won't start production until January 2021
      • I gave money to Mike on June 18th for 2021 C8 (no waiting here - my Card was billed within a couple days)
      • At one point, Mile will receive his allocation of 2021 C8s (no date)
      • Somewhere in that allocation, Mike will select me and my order (no date)
      • Sometime in the future, Mike will call me to finalize my specifications (no date)
      • Sometime in the future, an official order for a 2021 C8 Corvette for me will be placed (no date)
      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Chev, many of us will keep digging to get you a more precise answer to your key question.
        John - This is very much appreciated. Thank you. I don't want to participate in "coulda, shoulda, woulda" as that ship has sailed, but I didn't go with a forum dealer. By the time I found the MECF, I had placed my deposit. My biggest question, bar none, is how many cars will my dealer get for the 2021 model year. I know where I fall on the list, but I don't know how many cars they'll get. I should have put a deposit in with one of the large forum dealers to hedge my bet, but that's neither here nor there at this point as I've waited too long for it to make a difference from a time perspective (I think...). Please keep us advised as the birdies always seem to know more than everyone else.
        2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

The birdies have special homes in Bowling Green and Michigan. They have a birds eye view on what is occurring,
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
            I want to just make sure I get this waiting correct ...

Example: Assuming 2021 C8s won't start production until January 2021
            • I gave money to Mike on June 18th for 2021 C8 (no waiting here - my Card was billed within a couple days)
            • At one point, Mile will receive his allocation of 2021 C8s (no date)
            • Somewhere in that allocation, Mike will select me and my order (no date)
            • Sometime in the future, Mike will call me to finalize my specifications (no date)
            • Sometime in the future, an official order for a 2021 C8 Corvette for me will be placed (no date)
            Close, but I think not quite. Mike (I assume you mean Furman), unlike many salespeople, doesn't bother entering orders into the Workbench software when he doesn't have an allocation to match them with. So when Mike has an allocation to match your order with, you will need to finalize your specifications then and there, because your order will get placed into the system and will go to 2000 status. Unless for some reason you tell him to go to the next person on the list and call you back when he gets his next consensus. He won't bother to call you until he's ready to place your order.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Close, but I think not quite. Mike (I assume you mean Furman), unlike many salespeople, doesn't bother entering orders into the Workbench software when he doesn't have an allocation to match them with. So when Mike has an allocation to match your order with, you will need to finalize your specifications then and there, because your order will get placed into the system and will go to 2000 status. Unless for some reason you tell him to go to the next person on the list and call you back when he gets his next consensus. He won't bother to call you until he's ready to place your order.
              Yea I'm expecting to get a Build Date sometime north of when the 2022 are announced. the thing is, I'm ordering a Z51 with NCM Delivery, so I hope it's not Snowing here in the Midwest when I actually get it. But if I have to, I'll pop the extra cost to have it transported from the NCM.
              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I am following this thread and need advice. I am #346 on the 2021 list at a 15-20 dealership. I was 280 but the 2020 rollovers pushed me down. They happen to be the largest Chevy dealership in the country, just not in Corvette sales. I really want a 2021 as a 60th birthday present to myself. My question to the experts is, should I place a hedge deposit on one of the large national Vette dealers? If so, who do you recommend? Thanks.

Comment

Please private message me the dealership name and address so I could do some research and try and answer your question based on the best factual basis we can gather.

Comment

Originally posted by chilly4 View Post
                    I am following this thread and need advice. I am #346 on the 2021 list at a 15-20 dealership. I was 280 but the 2020 rollovers pushed me down. They happen to be the largest Chevy dealership in the country, just not in Corvette sales. I really want a 2021 as a 60th birthday present to myself. My question to the experts is, should I place a hedge deposit on one of the large national Vette dealers? If so, who do you recommend? Thanks.
                    Do you know how many allocations your dealer originally received for the 2020 model year? That number would give you a decent idea of where you'll land assuming production continues without issue. Regarding "hedging your bet" - probably a good idea. I wish I would have, but at this point I don't think it would help me improve my position. Good luck.
                    2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Hmm, I place my deposit one day ahead of you with Mike F. Should be interesting to see how this progresses. I also gave a deposit to the largest dealer in the state who happens to be near my location as a hedge. May the best man win! Thinking about a third...

Comment

Originally posted by chilly4 View Post
                        I think you are talking about Classic. They sold 82 Corvettes last year and 96 the year before. The dealership I ordered from sold 94 and 107, so should be roughly comparable. Therefore I would guess that Classic would have originally gotten an allocation last summer of around 200 for 2020, later reduced to somewhere around 120. Roughly. With a shortened 2021 model year I would be very surprised if they get anywhere close to 346 allocations for 2021.

I’m not trying to be discouraging, just realistic. There is a real advantage to ordering from the forum dealers, and it may improve your chances of getting a 2021. You can always have the car delivered to your local dealer.
                        Convertible Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

I'll add that 1100 status gives you 2 things.

1. An order number that gives you access to the Corvette Concierge (who will tell you to check back in 2 or 3 weeks)
                          2. It tells GM how many orders a dealer has and how many total orders they can expect at any given time.

It's value to you while not useless is not really worth much either as long as you are dealing with a reputable dealer.
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Chilly4...as I'm sure you're figuring out, you should place your order NOW with one of the large Corvette dealerships, if they have enough allocation to get you a '21.

Good luck.
                            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                            '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Ordered 7/28/19 / 2000 3/12 / 3400 9/19

Comment

I made the mistake of ordering last Jul 17 a c8 from a good local dealer.I was no.2 of 3 cars he was getting.I went 3000 the 27 of Jan.I am still 3000.I should have ordered from a larger dealer at the time I did my ordering.I am still getting a 2020 but who knows when.Very up set with chev. I have bought 18 new vettes starting in 1966.While that should not make much difference in my ordering date i should have a little influence.I see alot of delivered cars ordered in Nov 20.\

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X