MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

2021 Ordering Details and July 30. Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
    MarkOnEarth.....One variable you forgot. My dealership had a small allocation and when GM started pulling orders to advance to 2000 status for MY20 they didn't get to submit any orders until the February allocations. So even though someone was #1 on their list, they still had to wait quite some time to get in the build queue. So being first on the dealer list doesn't necessarily guarantee an early build.
    Yes, if the allocation cycle does not include an allocation for your dealer then there is no allocation for the buyer. But being #1 is better than #3 IMHO:-)
    As far as I know there is no way to guarantee an early build. Luck would be a way to get a car quickly (someone backs out or maybe you have clout). That or pay over MSRP. The rest of us have to wait patiently and take our frustrations out on friends and family... or the dogs LOL!!! Good luck getting your car:-)

Comment

Prelim order Officially in @ Van Bortel 08/01/20
      COUPE; Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic; 2LT; FE2; NPP; VST; VDK; R8C

In the estimable words of Tom Petty “ The waiting is the hardest part”.
      I just wonder now how the final result will look when I finally get it delivered? Will it be same color/options or will it be something entirely different because of constraints, Covid or WW3?
      "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

When we get into the official ordering period (estimated to be September for the first batch of allocations), each order six-day consensus will list whether there are any constraints or not. Your salesperson will have that info every Thursday of the first day of that consensus.

An excellent salesperson would immediately contract his/her customer and say, “hogyld,” all is good on your order except the FE2 is delayed ‘less than 30 days,’ and do you want me to submit it now without it, or hold off under the first consensus when FE2 is no longer constrained.” Or instead tell you, “everything is prefect with your order exactly as you wanted it; it has been submitted and it should be 2000 status (accepted by GM) within this consensus.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John,

Thanks for that guidance. Much appreciated. My decisions, if any, due to constraints, will be based on whatever the least amount of time will be to delivery. If that means, due to the laws of supply vs demand, that my wish listed 2LT becomes a 1LT, or my primary color changes from G9F to GMO, so be it. It’s better to have a bird in the hand rather than a bird in the bush.
          "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X