MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

2021 C8 Build page and configurator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 C8 Build page and configurator

Did I miss something?

Any word when the 2021 build page will show up on the Chevy site or Configurator? Tying to confirm some color configurations.
    Last edited by Lewsthomas; 07-27-2020, 05:51 PM.

Naa just the non-graphical link in the other post.

Just the basic text, no real pictures that we haven’t seen already.
    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Lewsthomas, what please specific color questions do you have, for short of your seeing either Silver Flair and/or Red Mist in person and/or doing the visualizer for striping options, all of the color info is now on the table.

As to when the build and price option, or even a GM press release with that pricing info would be shared, we are hoping in the next couple of days.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Sooo is there any communication or clarity on when they will update the gm site to allow us to build 2021with new colors, options and pricing? I can't imagine that they don't know when that will be ready.
        3lt, zeus bronze z51, mag ride Front lift with memory Battery Protection Package Edge Red-painted calipers Performance exhaust Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels Rocker panel extensions in Black Carbon Flash Metallic-painted mirrors Black seat belt color GT2 bucket seat Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash Metallic ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Lewsthomas, what please specific color questions do you have, for short of your seeing either Silver Flair and/or Red Mist in person and/or doing the visualizer for striping options, all of the color info is now on the table.

As to when the build and price option, or even a GM press release with that pricing info would be shared, we are hoping in the next couple of days.
          Don't forget the new interior, strike yellow with sky cool grey. Might be an interesting match with the silver and the new yellow stripes.
          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

John- I am replacing my order Thursday, it is difficult matching the interior without the ability to see the shades of both new colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post

John- I am replacing my order Thursday, it is difficult matching the interior without the ability to see the shades of both new colors.
              GM isn't likely to actually pick up orders matched to allocations until September at the earliest, so even if your order goes in at 1100 status on Thursday, there will almost certainly be time to change it before it goes to 2000.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

If I'm just being a complainer please tell me I can take it. I have to ask if I'm the only one feeling this way. I committed to GM to purchase a 2020 c8, promise near 90k. out of everyone's control that is not going to happen I do understand that. . I have now committed to purchasing a 2021at a slightly higher cost, ok i get it. how is it that everyone is OK with the fact that GM can't commit to me any real data on the official build site and pricing for the vehicle that has been in development for years, truly am I the only 1 that's not OK with that.
                3lt, zeus bronze z51, mag ride Front lift with memory Battery Protection Package Edge Red-painted calipers Performance exhaust Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels Rocker panel extensions in Black Carbon Flash Metallic-painted mirrors Black seat belt color GT2 bucket seat Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash Metallic ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE

Comment

No, I think lots of people are not OK with that. Unfortunately, it is what it is, and there really isn't anything we can do about it other than complain, or cancel our orders.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I had a thought today, and this is wild speculation based on a single isolated fact, but the staff that builds the build and price tools are not unique to Chevrolet. They serve all GM brands. They have priority lists, and I am guessing that reveals for new cars take priority. This Thursday the Cadillac Lyric is revealed. I am wondering if the programmers needed for our build and price tools updates will be freed up once the curtain is raised on the Lyric. More fundamentally, I wonder if GM IT is simply short of programmers, after all, the demand for products brought via web applications has increased significantly this year, and so has the demand for web programmers. Maybe that is the problem. I do believe that whatever the problem is, it is a simple to understand one and that GM could be a little more transparent about it.
                    Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020
                    C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
                    Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                    Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                    Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Ldstoy94, am in the same boat as you, I don't understand why the visualizer is not ready given the demand for the C8.

Comment

I also am wanting to see the red mist/ silver flare ( and I KNOW its not exact rendering) and get a more accurate idea on how the interior colors match up to it as well as the new striping options. I hope GM gets with it and updates the visualizer sooner than later.

Comment

i want to see real pictures of the new colors. The visualizer isn't very accurate color wise.

Fortunately, we still have some time before it really matters. Until GM provides allocations, no final choices have to be made.
                          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Just an FYI--GM is WAY ahead of atleast one competitor in terms of updating things like the visualizer on their website. I have been buying/ordering new Mercedes Benz vehicles for over 25 years. Think of this--after your 2020 C8 has been built and delivered to you you still cannot build the car on the website such as the visualizer or even get pricing on the car on their website. That is the situation with Mercedes Benz USA. GM is WAY ahead of the website development issues than some of their luxury car competitors.

Comment

It seems to me that if Chevy is having problems updating the Build and Price tool, they could go to the official 2020 Corvette page under Chevrolet.com and link into a new page with all the updates for 2021. There they could have on one page pictures of all the new colors, stripes, and interiors. It would not be a lot of work and it would silence some of us re-order people who want to see what we are ordering.
                              Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020
                              C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
                              Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                              Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                              Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X