MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

2021 Order Guide date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Order Guide date

Does anyone definitively know for fact when the 2021 order guide will be out? How 'bout the on-line configurator? ... and the visualizer? I gotta re-jigger my '1100 status' 2020 order with my dealer - so he can place a new order on 7/31 or so. Must be about 10,000 of us in that boat. I need time to re-consider all my original spec options, including the new ones (color, stripes, magride, etc.). We all know a lot more about the car now, than we did when original orders were placed. Some of our financial situations may have changed too... plus options prices may have changed... so its a little bit like starting over. But hey, its already the 21st... and the re-orders can be submitted in just 9 days? Am I right about all this? I'm getting concerned.
    2020 bit the dust (thanks Covid!) Now waiting for 2021: Ceramic Grey coupe, 3LT, Z51, Front Lift, Magride, Engine Appearance, Carbon Flash wheels, Red Calipers, 2 tone Adrenaline Red interior, Carbon Fiber interior trim, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler. Aftermarket: Engine Cover, Ground Effects, High Wing Spoiler, XPel PPF, Ceramic Coating, C8R Stinger Stripe, Fender Hashes, Car Cover, Battery Tender, Vinyl Wrap on Targa Top, Corvette Face Mask.

The following comments are NOT direct at Moose above, but to all who are needing to right now make as many 2021 now decisions as possible.

We believe the 2021 Order Guide will be out next Monday, the 27th.

Here’s some way to assist in being prepared for your order going in within ten days:

*while prices on most things have not been yet shared, if one goes on line and configures a 2020, that is a good financial start;

* reads these threads:
    1) https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...21-c8-purchase),
    AND 2) https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-silver-flare

*determines their trim level choice as much as possible,

*determines their mechanical decisions (the latter group 100% known),

Then one can get 90% to the finish line in the next few days.

However, do not be surprised that you do NOT get actual real pictures between now and decision day (July 30th/31st). In fact I predict that we will not see actual real C8’s in the two new colors you the end of this month.

I believe it is critical for everyone ordering a 2021 who believes their order will be picked up (matched with a granted allocation) by the end of this month, that you must make as close to 100% of the decisions you can in the next five days. Then when the order guide comes out, you have left yourself with as few decision “this or that” ones left to make.

Easy to do? No. But one can now create a list of what is definitively known and put into writing on paper or onto a spread sheet everything you have decided, with it having also a separate “maybe and/or ever or” section at the bottom of each system you have created.

Stressing at what percentage small wise is not known is not useful. Organizing and listing every decision you do know right now is conversely very helpful.

One final thought is that no pricing will go down. We started to predict what things could well go up and perhaps give yourself an upside $ limit on those things you want yet in your heart of hearts know you could live without. Do you really need front lift? What amount could it go up and still be a “yes” for you. Have you budgeted $995 for Red Mist (my prediction). Might Silver Flare not be an extra cost color (which I think)?

Best of luck. Please pose your questions below.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm assuming that even if the dealer takes our order, we'll be at 1100 for the 2021 MY. Until they actually go to 3000, we can still make changes is what I was told by my dealer. So if GM is building the 2020 until end of Oct 2020 or maybe even into Nov 2020, don't we still have some time to lock in before 3000 status for the 2021 MY? My order is being converted from a 2020 that was at 1100 status to a 2021 and I'm hoping my dealer will contact me and tell me I can put in my 2021 order to get back to 1100 at the end of July and be ready for their allocation to be assigned.

By the time they get allocation and GM picks up the order to build the MY 2021 cars, I hope we'll be able to see the two new colors. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
        I'm assuming that even if the dealer takes our order, we'll be at 1100 for the 2021 MY. Until they actually go to 3000, we can still make changes is what I was told by my dealer. So if GM is building the 2020 until end of Oct 2020 or maybe even into Nov 2020, don't we still have some time to lock in before 3000 status for the 2021 MY? My order is being converted from a 2020 that was at 1100 status to a 2021 and I'm hoping my dealer will contact me and tell me I can put in my 2021 order to get back to 1100 at the end of July and be ready for their allocation to be assigned.

By the time they get allocation and GM picks up the order to build the MY 2021 cars, I hope we'll be able to see the two new colors. Fingers crossed....
        At 2000 you are locked in on changes, not 3000.

Comment

Just about 100%: For our C7 we went to 2000 and we made one change, BUT when you do that you go back to pre-2000 status —meaning your order is no longer accepted and you almost start all order from scratch.

But here is where that can become fully correct, is that during the end of the C7 generation GM would often move an order to both 2000 AND 3000 status within a single six day consensus, so if you blinked you became 3000 just a day or two after you became 3000 — meaning you lost your ability to change your order sometimes within just one day or two, for as correctly stated once you are 3000 there are no changes.

Exception: Adding the R8C option (Museum Delivery) has been able to be done to a 3000 order on occasion as, also connected to R8C orders, adding in a dealer’s accessory such as when it was available the high wing.

So be super cautious and do not assume that once you become status 20000 you could make any changes (exception some orders that are R8C).
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Reinforcing the importance of that, IMO one should not assume you can change your color* once your order has been accepted (became 2000 status), for it is absolutely possible that you can not change it.

* Nor anything else could be changed after 2000 status.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

At 2000 you are locked in on changes, not 3000.
              Thanks for the correction

Comment

Regarding R8C, can that be cancelled (and money refunded) after the order goes to 3000? 2 things make nervous about selecting it.
                1) if delivery occurs in mid winter, I could end up trying to bring a Z51 car home in snowy weather.
                2) My work schedule is often at the mercy of the Court. I can't take a week off to get a car prior to, or during trial. Due to COVID, GM is unable to provide reasonably accurate TPWs, which makes delivery a hard event to plan for.
                Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                  Regarding R8C, can that be cancelled (and money refunded) after the order goes to 3000? 2 things make nervous about selecting it.
                  1) if delivery occurs in mid winter, I could end up trying to bring a Z51 car home in snowy weather.
                  2) My work schedule is often at the mercy of the Court. I can't take a week off to get a car prior to, or during trial. Due to COVID, GM is unable to provide reasonably accurate TPWs, which makes delivery a hard event to plan for.
                  I thought the same, but I'm still take the NCM delivery. But I don't think they'll kick you out into the Snow, I'm sure something can be worked out. I thought I saw once that Z51s will not be delivered in the Winter months, but I could be wrong. GM has been doing this for a while so one would think they have thought of this also.
                  Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                  Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

I thought the same, but I'm still take the NCM delivery. But I don't think they'll kick you out into the Snow, I'm sure something can be worked out. I thought I saw once that Z51s will not be delivered in the Winter months, but I could be wrong. GM has been doing this for a while so one would think they have thought of this also.
                    I recall the Z06 having Michelin Cup tires that were cracking in cold weather. Maybe some of the pilot sports as well? The overnight cold is a concern as I can't make it home in one shot and the lack of grip in slush or a dusting of snow.

I'm sure they wouldn't kick me out in the snow, but its 700 miles to home including having to cross the Appalachians so dodging bad weather in January or February could be tough.

I was hoping to do this as part of a visit to the area. Before COVID, I thought I'd get the car in early fall and we would take a week coming back.
                    Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

I recall the Z06 having Michelin Cup tires that were cracking in cold weather. Maybe some of the pilot sports as well? The overnight cold is a concern as I can't make it home in one shot and the lack of grip in slush or a dusting of snow.

I'm sure they wouldn't kick me out in the snow, but its 700 miles to home including having to cross the Appalachians so dodging bad weather in January or February could be tough.

I was hoping to do this as part of a visit to the area. Before COVID, I thought I'd get the car in early fall and we would take a week coming back.
                      I was thinking the same, to make a few local stops then drive home. But I'm not taking any chances with weather and if I have to have it private shipped after waiting a year or more for delivery, I'll do that.
                      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

The theoretical answer is absolutely not. However, have their been very isolated exceptions made? Yes, but if that isolated exception were to become a run (for example the winter of 2021 is the worst on in ten years), the collective disruption to GM of those exceptions would IMO totally close that possibility — for we need to remember that once an order becomes 3000 status GM does not allow any changes as a general policy and also as an operational efficiency.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X