MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

CAUTION: Ordering Your 2020 ME Corvette

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! John, thanks a lot for all these useful information.
    I just joined the forum and I really appreciate it.

I certainly am looking for locking a ME pre-order before the rush!

Comment

Welcome UserNameNotFound. Glad you joined us. The key as you know, is to find a dealer who will treat you right, will have sufficient allocation to move your order along, and who will sell you a ME at MSRP. Hopefully you already have such a relationship with a dealer. If not, we have really good forum sponsoring vendor dealerships.

Or if you do not and would want, I just sent you a welcoming private message, and in your responding back to me, we could talk about options that would work well for you!
      Last edited by John; 03-26-2019, 05:28 PM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Of importance for those who are wanting one early or fairly early, is the comment that UserNameNotFound made, that he wanted to lock in his spot in line before the rush, for in talking with the top Corvette dealers in the country (and I imagine the same will occur at the smallest of dealers), they all said that within 45 days of the C7’s reveal, their prioritized pre-ordering lists doubled.

My personal expection that this will happen again within the 45 days after the C8 is announced. In fact, I can see/hear in my mind the day after its reveal, on every one of the major TV national news channels the next morning, when the show a segment with official GM pictures of the C8, the following conversation...

A person starts jumping up and down and screams at his significant other, “OMG, I can get the Ferrari I always wanted but could never afford at just 1/4 its price. Honey, I am calling it to work right now telling them I am sick, so sick that I can not make it to work, for I am going to my Chevy dealer to order our C8 right now.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Hey, John!

Thanks for the reply!
          The ferrari story is funny and sad at the same time. Such a great all around car but people end up buying it for the wrong reasons.
          On the other hand, it can also help the true fans that can get second hand cars from these people as they will move on to the next "big thing" quite easily...

As for the help with finding a dealership, I am sure going to shoot you a MP!
          I moved from Canada and I don't have anyone I trust in the US yet.
          All the help will be much appreciated!

Cheers,
          Erick

Comment

Detailed order submittal process information thanks to MacMulkin Chevrolet.

Originally posted by MacMulkin} [h=2
            Ordering Process[/h] Consensus:
            Twice a month GM loads their “Estimated Shipments” into the order workbench. They determine how many of each product a dealer has “earned”. Based on a “snapshot” of their inventory, they consider their “adjusted day supply” (ADS) to the national ADS. The dealer then reviews the estimated shipments and enters their 3 month forecast and requested quantities and submit to GM. Unless GM has more capacity at a factory than dealers request, the dealer is limited to what allocation they are assigned. Dealers can turn down allocation, and those units go to dealers that have requested more than GM estimated for them.

Final Consensus:
            This is the amount of product the dealer gets after GM has reviewed their requested quantities.

DOSP:
            Dealer Order Submission Process is the weekly order cycle. On Thursday dealers can place orders for units allocated to them. Orders must be placed by 9 PM Eastern Time Saturday. Basically they have a three day window to submit orders weekly. If you go to tour dealer and order on a Tuesday, it will actually not go to GM until Thursday. But if you order on a Sunday, you have to wait for the following week to get your order in on that coming Thursday.

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution – Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission – Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. ( You can submit orders earlier but you don’t know the constraints. A Constraint is a limit placed on a specific build configuration )

3. The 4-Pass Process – GM will attempt to place each dealers orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. ( At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That’s when the orders are sent for production.

Order Entry Available:
            This is when GM Work Bench will allow you to build a car in the system. This isn’t the same as submitting an order to GM. Mainly the dealer has time to craft the cars they might want ahead of GM assigning allocation.”

http://www.macmulkincorvette.com/fre...ked-questions/

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X