• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fetalos
    Senior Contributor
    • Dec 2019
    • Montreal, Qc

Poll : Not this C8 color for me!

Every C8 color have something special. In the sun, in the night, shadowing, reflects and color match are just couple or reasons of what you like of your C8 choice.

But which color you didn t consider or you said "No, not this one!"?

Please, tell us why... I didnt choose my color yet

I only have 10 options available in the poll. I merged white / Ceramic grey and Black / Shadow grey
    Black/ Shadow Grey
    11.27%
    White/ Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic
    5.63%
    Accelerate Yellow
    26.06%
    Rapid blue
    6.34%
    Torch red
    11.27%
    Blade Silver Metallic
    1.41%
    Sebring Orange Tintcoat
    10.56%
    Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat
    7.75%
    Zeus Bronze Metallic
    17.61%
    Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic
    2.11%
    Last edited by Fetalos; 07-05-2020, 08:57 AM.
    Torch Red HTC with black top and nacelles, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Splash guards, Carbon flash front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers mirrors and Z51 spoiler. Carbon flash ACS Wickers. Edge red and carbon flash hash marks. Deposit on dec 2019, allocation on March 18th 2021, 3300 status on March 24th, built on April 13th 2021. Waiting for delivery
  • Ralston
    Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
    • Aug 2019
    • Bainbridge Island, WA

Torch Red looks to be quite polarizing: the most popular color rejected by the plurality. We'll see how this plays out.
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

• George
      ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
      • Jul 2018
      • Wisconsin

I chose red because it's way too common/flashy, and more importantly, Corvette 'Torch' has too much orange in it for my taste...not a true rich red.

But as we're always saying, color choice is personal and subjective preference. To each their own.
      '64 Silver Gray Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - ( wonderful )
      Several others including two C7's
      '20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, ( GAME CHANGER )
      '24... Hypersonic Gray Coupe - 2LT, Black GT2, MSRC, Body color vents, Stealth int. trim, Q90 Satin granite wheels
      ( 60 years of Corvette ownership )😀

Comment

• Fetalos
        Senior Contributor
        • Dec 2019
        • Montreal, Qc

I choose black because of the second full time job of cleaning it. My C7 was also Black...
        Torch Red HTC with black top and nacelles, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Splash guards, Carbon flash front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers mirrors and Z51 spoiler. Carbon flash ACS Wickers. Edge red and carbon flash hash marks. Deposit on dec 2019, allocation on March 18th 2021, 3300 status on March 24th, built on April 13th 2021. Waiting for delivery

Comment

• Happy2bHere
          Sr. Contributor & Patron
          • Aug 2019

The accelerate yellow looks too green for me. I would have chosen the Yellow if it was brighter and without that tinge. I love my torch red.

Orange was a very close second choice followed by blue.

A friend had a Camaro in blue and I associated that blue with Camaro, so it was a no go for that reason.

Comment

• tooold2race
            Founding, Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
            • Jul 2018
            • Keller, Texas

As much as I like YELLOW, the shade offered on the C8 just isn't my favorite. I sure wish Corvette offered a series of 'bright' in your face colors as the Euro exotics make available. In my opinion. this is a sports car and it does not need to be camouflaged in a color that 'blends in' with everything else on the road. Overall, I don't think there is a color offered that doesn't look good on it.....
            2020 HTC Torch Red, early build, Museum delivered ......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Mercedes EQS Sedan

Comment

• Frenzy36
              ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
              • Jul 2018
              • Rocket City - Florida

Black - Too hot of a color for Sunny Florida.
              Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• ZORA 69
                Senior Contributor
                • Oct 2018

Lots of different opinions here. I could ramble volumes to my opinion of all the colors. In my ramblings I may distract from one color and while retracting a previous statement pertaining to that specific color or I may have a positive thought to a previous negative comment on a color.See what I mean by ramblings. Where's JB when I need him. The bottom line is we all have our specific tastes and actually there are no colors that are the wrong color for the C8 Corvette.

Comment

• V1 VR
                  ZORA Patron, Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
                  • Jul 2018
                  • KSTL

My favorite color is blue in all things ( I have a blue Gibson guitar,es335) the Rapid Blue and I’ve seen it , is much to close to grabber blue and petty blue form me but as long as there are other blues to have on my C8 I prefer, those colors. I prefer a metallic tint also .My C7 is Laguna Blue tint coat, I loved Night race Blue and honestly had NRB and a HTO interior been a choice that would have been my first choice .... for me.
                  Last edited by V1 VR; 07-05-2020, 10:34 AM.
                  2023 Z06 #5 locality and smiling
                  2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe
                  “Cindyblue”
                  6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                  2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                  2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

• Marc NY
                    Sr. Contributor. & Patron
                    • Jun 2020
                    • WNY

Certainly the C8 will look great in any color but since you are asking the Rapid Blue for me is not on the list of my top favorite colors. I actually prefer to see more exotic colors like the Zeus Bronze. I have always liked the candy color shades the best and I am hoping to see if the new Red Mist will be as rich looking as I think it will be.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Red Mist 21.JPG Views:	0 Size:	250.6 KB ID:	162084
                    Marc

Comment

• Murray20c8
                      2020 Forum MVP & Sr. Contributor
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Uxbridge, Ontario

I was ordered to buy red by the boss. As stated above, there are no bad colours. I love the look of black, but it gets way too hot, is too hard to keep clean and looks too much like the road and is vulnerable to being Unseen by yocals not paying attention.
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

• 23skinguy
                        ZORA Patron & Sr. Contributor
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Orlando area

The yellow seems a bit off to me. Although admittedly, I haven’t seen it in person so I don’t really know. That being said, if my dealer said I could have a C8 today with my original options (I ordered red 1LT) at MSRP in yellow (or any color) I would take it in a heartbeat.

Comment

• capevettes
                          Senior Contributor
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Cape Cod, Mass.

This Yellow looks weird to my eyes. So, I chose that. Love the looks of black but won't subject myself to it again.

Comment

• John
                            co-founder/admin
                            • Jun 2018
                            • PNW

If only GM could have had a AYM last August at both Carlisle and NCM the week after as 5,000+ of us caravaners arrived there, I believe its sales would have been much higher. We might have bought it if we could have seen it in person, but lacking that we just could not take a chance (we so loved our Velocity Yellow C7).
                            2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• kymummer
                              Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
                              • Feb 2020
                              • Louisville, KY

I come from a car club where all the youngsters enjoyed taking their grey cars, removing anything with a shine, color match the bumpers in grey, tint the windows and were extremely proud of their solid grey cars. I told them, "I live in the Ohio Valley and from November to mid-March your car blends into the skyline. Don't you want me to see your car coming?"

I can't do any shade of grey. But I LIKE the black cars, as long as they're clean. LOL
                              LT2, Red Mist, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels/Mirrors/Spoiler, Red Calipers, Two Tone Adrenaline Red/Black Seats, Museum Delivery

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...