MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Major MECF Maintenance “Outage”

Sorry but please read this this major TIME OUT for MECF! Our forum software provider will undergo a scheduled maintenance from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday September 24th, 2020. The site will be offline during this maintenance period.
2 of 5 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
3 of 5 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
4 of 5 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

2021 Production Starts In January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Production Starts In January

Since this is third-hand info alleged to come from GM, and relayed to us by being attributed to a dealership General Manager, but IF true there would not be a single 2021 received by a customer until February of next year at the earliest. Judge for yourself the accuracy of this info cut and pasted by “vetteguy453.”

Click image for larger version  Name:	1BEA424F-0C95-411C-AD26-571AAF0E907D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	161310

If later confirmed, does getting a 2020 in September or October, even November not seem so bad as some have been saying... Probably so from the perspective of those living in the snow belt, but as 60% of the Corvette purchased are not in the snow belt but live in cool or even moderate winter climates where Corvettes are driven 12 months a year, so might late 2020 C8 recipients instead wish to drive their Corvettes three or even four months sooner than the first of the 2021’s arriving in Feb or even March?

Before the below screen print, the latest I had heard was that the first 2021’s could be arriving in late December or January.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B88EE09-F814-4C67-AEA4-A15F75428579.jpeg
Views:	944
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	161313
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks for sharing. The wait continues
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I live in the upper midwest. A November delivery wouldn’t have helped me, so getting a 2021 is fine. This isn’t my area of expertise, but from a logical point of view, I would think the “retooling” would be minimal. I’m certain GM would like to build these cars as fast as possible. When I start feeling bad for myself, I think about the folks that are on the 2021 list that just got pushed back - WAY back. (so no one jumps on me, when I say 2021 list, I’m referring to those that put deposits down AFTER the 2020 “1100 group”.) Generally speaking, it appears most who are active on the forum have/had 2020 cars ordered. Clearly, many buyers are already on the 2021 list. Ugh. I wish everyone the best in their quest to own a C8!
      2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Now I am not feeling so bad sitting somewhat patiently while my car is sitting at BGAP waiting a truck assignment.

Comment

Unless there are bigger changes to the 2021 than we think, I don't know why there would be such a long gap to "retooling."
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Retooling may not take a month but the holidays are in December as well, necessitating time off.
            Zeus Bronze HTC, 3LT, Natural Dipped, Q8T Spectra Gray Trident Wheels, NPP Performance Exhaust, ZYC Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors, DRG Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, E60 Adjustable Front Lift, D84 Carbon Flash Convertible Top and Nacelles, and R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

I just cross my 20 fingers (hands and feets) there will not have a second wave of Covid19...
              Torch Red HTC with black top and nacelles, Non Z51, 1LT, perf. exhaust. Splash guards, front lip & rocker panels. Bright red calipers mirrors and Z51 spoiler. Edge red and carbon flash hash marks

Comment

Hoping I won't have that long of a wait, but it seems logical. I'm on a 2021 list, but there are 16 people ahead of me at my dealer that didn't get a 2020 allocation. However, on the bright side, if this is true, that at least means that list won't get longer ahead of me if all 3000 are to be built.

Comment

So when do the next model year Corvettes usually come out? In other words, do the NMY cars usually come out in July of the previous year? Are not we getting closer to the 2022s coming out? I mean if they would normally come out in July and I don't get my 2021 until (May maybe). Just wait a little longer for the 2022? But I must assume the entire 2021 production year will be screwed up and will screw up the 2022 MY as well.
                  Mark
                  Imaginary 2021 Red Mist (probably) HTC. 3LT but maybe only need 2LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Natural probably... Z51 most likely... Standard wheels and Front Lift for sure! So who knows what we'll order:-)

Comment

They may be building 2020 MY even longer.

Comment

BGA always takes two weeks off for Christmas/New Years.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The December / holiday shut down is in accordance with the UAW / GM contract. It has very little to do with the model year 'change over'.

For those worried about getting a late model year 2021, and considering waiting for a 2022, why not wait for a Z06 or even a ZORA??? It's kinda' like getting a new computer or mobile phone. You're only weeks away from the next greatest thing. I've found over the past 50+ years, getting what I want as early as possible and ENJOYING it while the others are waiting on the sidelines is really the best strategy. You only live once and you're going to be dead a really long time..... GO FOR IT!
                        C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

I question the need to re-tool. It's not like there are substantive changes being made here. When we changed model years at Subaru, we slowed the line a bit to ensure quality as the changes were incorporated, and within a week or so, we were back to our previous line speed. The idea of a full line stop is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                            The December / holiday shut down is in accordance with the UAW / GM contract. It has very little to do with the model year 'change over'.

For those worried about getting a late model year 2021, and considering waiting for a 2022, why not wait for a Z06 or even a ZORA??? It's kinda' like getting a new computer or mobile phone. You're only weeks away from the next greatest thing. I've found over the past 50+ years, getting what I want as early as possible and ENJOYING it while the others are waiting on the sidelines is really the best strategy. You only live once and you're going to be dead a really long time..... GO FOR IT!
                            You sound like my daughter, gimme, gimme now! I totally understand though. You gotta jump in the water at some point. Well, I was thinking that it will be so close until the Z06 comes out:-)
                            Imaginary 2021 Red Mist (probably) HTC. 3LT but maybe only need 2LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Natural probably... Z51 most likely... Standard wheels and Front Lift for sure! So who knows what we'll order:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nooshinjohn View Post
                              I question the need to re-tool. It's not like there are substantive changes being made here.
                              It's only 3 weeks. If machines have to be changed the line has to stop. We still don't know what changes there will be on the 2021's
                              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X