MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM Rep’s Official 20/21 Ordering Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
    I read somewhere that it takes longer to build a convertible. If that is true, won't the 3700 verts slow things down a little, especially at such a critical time where seconds matter.
    Whereas during the C7 generation it did take longer to make a convertible than a couple, I just checked with a couple of others and none of us three are aware that HTC production will slow their production times down compared to coupes. We do not think we all missed something someone wrote or said — but if someone has a source of that we would like to read it.

In fact GM told some of its dealerships that they can accept any number of HTC orders.

There were several other C7 assembly line stipulations as to order sequencing (such as not three Z06’s back to back), but as of yet we are unaware of any such C8 production line limitations. Again, anyone have contrary information please?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Can we just Cancel the year 2020 and Start all over at 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by RSVette View Post

My understanding was that there were 20181 sold orders when the factory reopened. A sold order includes both 1100, 3000 and above statuses. Did I misinterpret the reporting and that 1100's are not in the 20181?
        1100's are not included in the 20181 - "sold order" is a loose term.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
          Can we just Cancel the year 2020 and Start all over at 2021.
          I can't get this to embed here, but this pretty much describes 2020:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d4c7...Po4oVRc8zoVn2M
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by COBB*4191 View Post
            What are people at 3000 supposed to do? the last batch of 3000 was reached on MARCH 17, 2020.....Not everyone at 3000 is likely to get a 2020 and July 30th is confirmed as ordering date for MY2021.....I don't see how they can build another 15 thousand cars for MY2020.
            I reached 3000 on 4/1

Comment

OK - Murray is right, they can build them all IF they get a second shift. If they stay on the pace of the last week and run a 50 hour single shift, they can build about 525 per week. That will leave them about 4700 short. If they work one shift and Saturday's the number goes to 630 a week and they are 2500 short. They are close, but it all depends on that second shift and parts availability.

Comment

I'm normally a very positive person, but this 2020 C8 production is a total project management fiasco, and despite unforeseen circumstances, GM is partially to blame for this. Poor planning and execution! There's no excuse for not being prepared to begin a second shift on July 6th. I hope they can pull t off.

Their project managers need a good swift kick in the pants, right out the door, and I can imagine there are about 10,000 anxious C8 people willing to help do it.

Who wants a 2020 car in November?
                2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
                Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Comment

When my c8 arrives I'm happy..

life goes on....times flying by so before you know it the new c8 will be ready for pickup.

should be worth a few laughs.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteHorse View Post
                    I'm normally a very positive person, but this 2020 C8 production is a total project management fiasco, and despite unforeseen circumstances, GM is partially to blame for this. Poor planning and execution! There's no excuse for not being prepared to begin a second shift on July 6th. I hope they can pull t off.

Their project managers need a good swift kick in the pants, right out the door, and I can imagine there are about 10,000 anxious C8 people willing to help do it.

Who wants a 2020 car in November?

Those are neither a fair nor accurate statementS. How can in this Covid supply materials wreck, can GM get 400 independent company parts’ suppliers to get back up to their pre-covid planned production levels? It has nothing to do with BGA management limitations and everything to do with the C8’s 400 suppliers getting their supplies from their suppliers to produce every part needed to built every C8.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well I'm still at a TPW of August 3rd for my convertible. So I'm talking to god every night before I go to bed !!!!!
                      Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Me too Sparro. And I believe so are the other 3431 people waiting for their convertible

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Those are neither a fair nor accurate statementS. How can in this Covid supply materials wreck, can GM get 400 independent company parts’ suppliers to get back up to their pre-covid planned production levels? It has nothing to do with BGA management limitations and everything to do with the C8’s 400 suppliers getting their supplies from their suppliers to produce every part needed to built every C8.
                          Disagree. This is a fair statement. The communications on the numbers has and continues to be unclear. The preparation of the dealers to handle the reordering for the 1100's has not happened. They do not have ordering guides, paint samples, and the configurator for 2021 is not online, yet there may be anywhere from 3000 to 10000 1100's out there trying to make decisions on a 2021 without sufficient information and we have 30 days to decide what to do. GM has mismanaged this despite knowing for weeks that the reordering process was coming.
                          Reserved C8 July 30, 2019
                          Current Corvette - 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                          Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                          Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by RSVette View Post

Disagree. This is a fair statement. The communications on the numbers has and continues to be unclear. The preparation of the dealers to handle the reordering for the 1100's has not happened. They do not have ordering guides, paint samples, and the configurator for 2021 is not online, yet there may be anywhere from 3000 to 10000 1100's out there trying to make decisions on a 2021 without sufficient information and we have 30 days to decide what to do. GM has mismanaged this despite knowing for weeks that the reordering process was coming.
                            Where does it say you have 30 days to decide? To me you will have at least 3 months.
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

Just called my dealer. I will not be getting a 2020 C8. Ordered it last August. I will now have to reorder a 2021 and supposedly will be in their first allocation order. Expect a December delivery.......................

Comment

Originally posted by james2010 View Post
                                Just called my dealer. I will not be getting a 2020 C8. Ordered it last August. I will now have to reorder a 2021 and supposedly will be in their first allocation order. Expect a December delivery.......................
                                Bummer! Did your dealer not enter your order right away?
                                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X