MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

We Welcome Featured Vendor “American Hydrocarbon” With 25+ Years Of Experience

Pat leads the team at American Hydrocarbon, creating superbly crafted pieces that have been on winning show cars in 27 countries. https://www.shop.americanhydrocarbon.com/main.sc. More information to come real soon, including in two new threads already.
2 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Dr. Sean Preston, Leader Of the National Corvette Museum!

Dr. Sean Preston is the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum.  Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum. Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum, and Museum In Motion.  Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM Rep’s Official 20/21 Ordering Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Rep’s Official 20/21 Ordering Comments

This is from a Corvette Concierge yesterday to “skunk22.” It is not new info from what we thought but the first time from a GM representative directly to a C8 customer. Add to this if you missed it, was that we heard yesterday (thank you) that 2021 ordering starts on July 30th. For that to happen we will have to see sometime a least a week before that and hopefully two before, the 2021 Ordering Guide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6B63BCE-866A-4565-8BFC-9C065697ACC4.jpeg
Views:	3613
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	160089

”Thank you for your patience with our response! We are sorry to inform you but due to unforeseen circumstances in 2019 and 2020, Corvette production will be less than originally planned. Any MY20 Corvette preliminary orders at event code 1100 will not be produced and will need to be re-submitted as a MY21 order. Ordering for MY21 will begin on Thursday, July 30. Please schedule time with your dealer to place an order at that time. As a reminder, the base price for the 2021 model year Corvette coupe and convertible will remain the same as the 2020 model. We apologize for any inconvenience, but your dealership will be the best resource for information if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge

General Motors | Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265[/Quote]

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks John. As you stated, no surprises here. As a "1100" customer, I assure you that I hope every single order that has been accepted for 2020 is built. Wishing you guys the best. And, selfishly, I need the "line" to continue getting shorter! Ha! I love how they keep skirting the price issue in regards to anything above the base model. Marketing "101". I guess we'll know soon enough!
    2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

More same info.

Name:	BA139418-15E7-4ECB-A26B-65807D907A19.jpeg
Views:	808
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	160105

Comment

First Vette, so well said on your part. GM will do everything it can to finish up every 3000 order to accomplish what they and we want.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

What are people at 3000 supposed to do? the last batch of 3000 was reached on MARCH 17, 2020.....Not everyone at 3000 is likely to get a 2020 and July 30th is confirmed as ordering date for MY2021.....I don't see how they can build another 15 thousand cars for MY2020.

Comment

The real question is how many orders our at 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Kornicks View Post
              The real question is how many orders our at 3000
              When the factory reopened on May 26, (26 working days ago) there were a tad over 20,000 orders to be built that were at 3000 or higher. A 2nd shift begins next Monday, July 6. If there are no unforeseen problems, every order at 3000 will be produced by the end of November, including the approximately 3700 convertibles, which begin production August 3.

Comment

Originally posted by COBB*4191 View Post
                .....I don't see how they can build another 15 thousand cars for MY2020.
                They need the second shift to start soon and keep running.
                What don't you see? You think the virus will have more to say? Quite possible, but not definite.
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieC7Z51 View Post

When the factory reopened on May 26, (26 working days ago) there were a tad over 20,000 orders to be built that were at 3000 or higher. A 2nd shift begins next Monday, July 6. If there are no unforeseen problems, every order at 3000 will be produced by the end of November, including the approximately 3700 convertibles, which begin production August 3.
                  There was 20,181 - 2,741 = 17,440 left to build at that time.
                  They have since built 1,727 cars in 5 weeks.
                  WORST case they will build until November 23.
                  The second shift is rumored to not start until the 13th now.
                  Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

What are people at 3000 supposed to do? the last batch of 3000 was reached on MARCH 17, 2020.....Not everyone at 3000 is likely to get a 2020 and July 30th is confirmed as ordering date for MY2021.....I don't see how they can build another 15 thousand cars for MY2020.
                    Agree with Murray and others here. As long as the second shift hits the ground running on July 6th, and they can get very close to the 180 cars per day, then yes they can clearout the entire commitment prior to the end of November. The proof will be in the numbers completed in July. Three weeks with the two shifts should inform how the next three months should go.

Eagerly anticipating my 2020 C8 (1YC07), ELB (GS7), Z51, 2LT, GT2, J6F, E60

Comment

2nd shift is not starting July 6th. Not exactly sure when it will start. BG has people on lay-off with a call back date of August 28th. I would think that if they could run 2nd shift, they will do that at the earliest possible time. I’ve heard it’s still somewhat of a supplier problem. With GM being able to sell everyone they make, they would be running 2nd if they could. Might not seem like it right now, but GM is very good at solving problems.
                      I want to see 2nd start as soon as possible. I went 3000 on February 18th. Every car produced gets me and everyone else closer.

Comment

I added a cars left to build column to see at a glance how we are doing.
                        Assuming the second shift starts on he 13th and they build an average of 177 cars per day

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	160144

Comment

That is an incorrect assumption that “Not likely at 3000 is likely to get a 2020.”

GM is going to do everything they can to get every single current status 3000 order completed before this model year is over. As to how they will accomplish that, here is an excellent thread by jagamajajaran.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-we-get-there

Name:	F1D079FC-AAFB-40C5-9E2C-FE79C268048D.jpeg
Views:	699
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	160168

Comment

I read somewhere that it takes longer to build a convertible. If that is true, won't the 3700 verts slow things down a little, especially at such a critical time where seconds matter.

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieC7Z51 View Post

My understanding was that there were 20181 sold orders when the factory reopened. A sold order includes both 1100, 3000 and above statuses. Did I misinterpret the reporting and that 1100's are not in the 20181?

Reserved C8 July 30, 2019
                              Current Corvette - 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                              Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                              Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X