This is rediculous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is rediculous!

I Understand all the delays but... I put down my deposit for my Z51 C8 2LT on July 22 and finally went to status level 3000 on March 17. My TPW is October 26!!! That will be over 15 months. My dealer has been absolutely worthless.

OUCH ... sorry to hear about that.
    Placed deposit on my 2021 HTC on June 18 2020, deciding on either Red Mist or Silver Flare 2LT, when I can actually see it
    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

How did you find out your TWP? Are you in Canada?

Comment

So far I have nothing on a TPW and went 3000 the same time you did. At least you know something.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfr8dog View Post
          I Understand all the delays but... I put down my deposit for my Z51 C8 2LT on July 22 and finally went to status level 3000 on March 17. My TPW is October 26!!! That will be over 15 months. My dealer has been absolutely worthless.
          I feel your pain. Much of what you are frustrated about is outside of your control, but that doesn't make it easy.

Having taken delivery of my car I can let you know that once you have the car all of this frustration will melt away. I suggest not making the same mistake that I made in trying to figure out where my car was every day. My advice is to put a reminder on October 26 in your calendar and follow up to confirm that it was built. Then another reminder at Christmas for the expected date of delivery. And then ignore the process.

I drove myself nuts trying to figure things out that were not only outside of my control, but outside of any real influence that I could have made as well.

What I suggest is probably impossible though as it was for me too!

Comment

Looks like the OP is in Tennessee.

Comment

Are you expecting them to send you as letter of apology for something they have zero control over? First a strike delayed launch by two months, and then 6 weeks into production the world shut down due to Covid-19. I get waiting for so long sucks, but it is what it is. I waited for a year for a Dodge Demon, only to have it show up at the dealer having been in an accident before it ever got loaded on the transporter. They tried a lot fix on it that made it even worse!!! I ended up walking away from the car and had nothing but my deposit back and the window sticker with my name on it, and I get to see the car prowling around my neighborhood as they guy who bought it lives a couple miles from me.

Forgive me for not being too concerned about your delay in getting your car built, but there are more pressing concerns in the world right now than another whine thread with no cheese.
              Last edited by brad66; 06-24-2020, 11:26 AM. Reason: Don't bypass the forum censor

Comment

My dealer has been absolutely worthless.
                Sounds like you were high on a short list at your dealer.
                I know another whose TPW kept dropping back and is now October.
                Sorry, to hear, but the dealer means everything it seems.
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15 3400: July 21 3800: July 30 4200: Aug 07 5000: Aug 7 6000: Aug 12?

Comment

You're still ahead of me. I paid my deposit in August. I'm still at 1100, with no progress in sight. My optimistic guess is 18 months from deposit.

"Rediculous" because you're getting a red car?
                  Intended toy: C8 HTC with Z51, MRC
                  Current toy: Saturn Sky Redline, lots of performance enhancements
                  Former toy: Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Small dealers , Small allocations Large waits, Larger anxiety. Surprised you got a TPW out that far. Haven't heard that.

Comment

I have pretty much the same dates (deposit July 26, 3000 on March 17) except I have NO TPW. Consider yourself fortunate to have a date. Depending on 2nd shift ramp up, that date could be pulled in. Based on when BGA reopened I shifted my expectations to a dealer delivered window sometime in the Oct/Nov timeframe (+3 mths over original expected delivery).

I believe that this has little to do with your dealer, but more-so everything to do with when they got their allocations and where you sit in the 3000 queue when the plant shut down. You and I are probably close to last in line in the sequence of 3000 accepted orders for that week in March. A flood of accepted orders occurred with the March consensus and built up a production backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooshinjohn View Post
                        Are you expecting them to send you as letter of apology for something they have zero control over? First a strike delayed launch by two months, and then 6 weeks into production the world shut down due to Covid-19. I get waiting for so long sucks, but it is what it is. I waited for a year for a Dodge Demon, only to have it show up at the dealer having been in an accident before it ever got loaded on the transporter. They tried a lot fix on it that made it even worse!!! I ended up walking away from the car and had nothing but my deposit back and the window sticker with my name on it, and I get to see the car prowling around my neighborhood as they guy who bought it lives a couple miles from me.

Forgive me for not being too concerned about your delay in getting your car built, but there are more pressing concerns in the world right now than another whine thread with no cheese.
                        Sometimes people need to vent. There are indeed more pressing concerns in the world. For Oldfr8dog this purchase is probably a big deal, like it was for me and on this forum getting it out there feels good so I get it.

For your Demon order that would have made me so mad.....did you buy another car instead? Did you order a C8?

Comment

I feel your pain but here's some context to consider. This is not to in any fashion defend your dealership; I don't know how they have treated you throughout with respect information flow. Nonetheless, as I understand the process, learned on this forum and from talking to some other knowledgeable industry folks, your dealer likely matched your order to an available allocation during the February or March consensus. Because you are at level 3000, you were first at level 2000, which indicates that GM had accepted the order. The timing of when you went from status 2000 to status 3000, was solely in the control of GM and not the dealer. The timing beyond the 3000, again, is solely in the control of GM and not the dealer. There are differing views on how GM has handled sequencing and information flow to customers and dealers alike, but I hope we can all agree there have been an incredible number of complicating factors affecting the flow of C8 manufacturing and delivery.

I don't know whether your build implicates any of the constraints that have appeared along the way that might have delayed you getting from status 3000 status 3300 and beyond (HTC???). Also, it appears from reading on this form that there was a huge number of orders that went from status 2000 to status 3000 in March, meaning that those build dates are going to be paced out relatively far in advance, particular given the intervening COVID-19 shut down. On an optimistic note, if the ramp up at BGA continues, and a second shift can be added (good thoughts for no more shutdowns), many think some of the fall TPW dates will the accelerated.

Finally, I am a Corvette newbie. I put a deposit down with my dealer and got on their list, a small Northern California dealer, in July 2019. At the time, I thought I was way ahead of the game. Once I dialed in to the history of the car and its enthusiasts, learned that there are people on this forum, for example, who are Corvette aficionados and who have been following the development of the mid-engine Corvette four years and had placed deposits with dealers years ago-I think someone said five years ago-I realized how foolish I was. I just went to status 3300 late last week. I still do not have an officially posted TPW, but a suggestion from the Corvette Concierge of the build week that I am thrilled with, July 13. I had been sitting at status 3000 since January. That seemed like a ridiculously long time to me, but I now understand the context. More importantly, after reading reports of forum members and others have taken delivery and having seen a C8 perform on the track and talked with those who drove it, I will wait if I have to, I'll be sad to do that, but I know it will be worth it.

I hope more knowledgeable forum members will correct anything I got wrong here so you can get the best information. Here's to your progress to 3300 soon!

Shadow Gray Metallic; 1LT with Z51, FE4, Comp seats, blk int and package with PDR.

Comment

Question: My order went to status 3000 on Jan 22, (orig ordered with a small dealer back in Aug.), not Mar like so many others here. My original TPW was Apr 27, (must had something to do with LBR color, I guess). My question is what/who has the farther-est out TPW for the JAN consensus as of now?
                            2020 C8 Stingray Coupe; 2LT; G1E-LBR Metallic / HUV-Natural; AQ9-GT1 Seats; EFY; SHQ-Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; J6N-Edge Red Calipers; RCC-Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; BV4=DR X 2020 C8 ME STINGRAY GNOCC charter member. 3400 status=TPW 8-3-20.

Comment

You have a TPW? I'm so envious! You lucky SOB!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X