MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

How much longer before we will find out the "OFFICIAL 2021" C8 order start date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer before we will find out the "OFFICIAL 2021" C8 order start date.

When will we find out when we can officially order 2021's? [I have seen the 'guesses' for the 2021 order start date, but I want to know for CERTAIN]

I put up my deposit July 2019 and am now next up for an allocation at my dealer, but I want to be at the dealership when the order goes in to be certain it is correct. I would really like to see the new "RED" color, as I had Torch Red on my 2020 order which was never picked up for allocation.

Hopefully we will get a few days notice before dealers are allowed to start entering 2021 orders, so we can finalize our order.

UPDATE: THANKS TO [email protected] CHEVROLET FOR THE ANSWER TO THIS CRITICAL. QUESTION. PLEASE READ HIS POST # 11.

I would love to have more clarification on the 2021 new RED as well. Does anyone know if it looks similar to the stunning (to me) Mazda red they have put on several of their cars? Tadge said the new Red "glows" and it seems the Mazda kinda glows as well. I guess this picture is close to the New Red???

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-in-Crystal-Red-Tricoat-rear-34.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	157635

Comment

10-4 on the Mazda Red it is a beauty.

Comment

Late July is all we know. You should ask your dealer to let you know when it opens and arrange a time to go.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

I thought it was July 13th. Did it change?

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
            I don't think that was ever an official GM statement.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That's what my dealer said via district superviso

Comment

Originally posted by jlc41 View Post
                10-4 on the Mazda Red it is a beauty.
                Agreed 100%. If the new red is close to the "Mazda red", I too will be a happy camper.
                2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
                  Tadge was quoted at the virtual bash as saying mid to end of July. That could be 13th to 31st. No Official date yet. There were 2 conflicting dealer memos from GM. The later being an "unfortunate and inaccurate release" according to many inside GM. We'll know soon enough.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                  Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

I strongly believe that we will learn the OFFICIAL order date from this forum, before the dealers find out what it is. The 'birdies'
                    will take care of us.

One problem is that other than the forum dealerships, a lot of dealers runoff at the mouth making pronouncements
                    that are not even close to being official. They pass on bad information to their customers who post it here.

The folks at Kerbeck, MacMulkin, Criswell, etc NEVER tell you rumors, they just give you facts when they have them.

What I am looking forward to getting is the "official date" from one of the corvette team members at BG in the near future.

Then I will go to the dealer and place my order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

July 30th is the official 2021 order start date as emailed to us minutes ago as final confirmation.
                      Ron Shinault
                      Weber Chevrolet
                      Columbia, IL
                      2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
                      314-677-7114

Comment

Ron

Thank you very much for that information!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you [email protected] Chevrolet for sharing that official news.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] Chevrolet View Post
                            July 30th is the official 2021 order start date as emailed to us minutes ago as final confirmation.
                            Does this mean order start date for both coupe and HTC? Does anyone know? And when do dealerships get to know their 2021 allocations?
                            Heidi
                            Save the Wave

Comment

Heidi wrote - .... when do dealerships get to know their 2021 allocations?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a great question - do any dealers on the forum [Ron Weber??, Mike Furman??] know the answer to that?

I lot of folks on MECF would love to know if any allocations will be available on July 30th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X