MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Order From Top 5 Dealership I will Never Visit (Museum Delivery) or .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

No I didn't ask, but he's going to have a huge allocation of cars, more than the year before
    I would ask. He is the most successful corvette salesman in the world and has a loyal customer base going back decades and many C generations. His success might not work to your advantage.

Comment

What I like about Mike's style is this, He uses the same system as I like. KISS

Keep
      It
      Simple
      Stupid
      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

I would ask. He is the most successful corvette salesman in the world and has a loyal customer base going back decades and many C generations. His success might not work to your advantage.
        I sent a message to the TOP 3 Corvette Dealers Tuesday of this week.

One hasn't responded yet.
        Another responded just yesterday.with a contact number.
        One responded within the first hour I sent the message with way more pertinent information than I asked..

Mike told be how many allocations he's expecting for 2021 and that I should get my car right around the time I wanted it. (Spring to Summer of 2021) 8 to 9 months.

Since I live in Illinois and I want a NCM Delivery, that's totally fine with me.

He has my $1k and I will need to send another $1k at final order.

That's a $2k investment until I pick up may car.

I'm good ...

Placed deposit on my 2021 HTC on June 18 2020, deciding on either Red Mist or Silver Flare 2LT, when I can actually see it
        Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

When buying a corvette, make sure you have a knowledgeable C8 trained corvette tech. at the dealership that will do your warranty/repair. IMO a service dept. with trained corvette techs. is more important than any sales dept. reps. Of course, if you can find both then more power to you
          Heidi
          Save the Wave

Comment

Mark, I live in Northern Ky (inside 275 loop) and have shopped and bought from most Chevy dealers in the area. Pretty sad situation for us Corvette owners. McCluskey seems to be Ok but I really have not Dealt with them.
            For my C8 (bought my C7 there also) I went up to Hare Chev in Indy. Just in the Top 50 (some years) , but a great Sales group and Service is the best ones I have found.
            They are about 120 miles from me which is a pain, but it is worth it in my opinion (I am a Mechanic by trade) and really critical of Maintenance.
            The sad part is most dealers are a joke in NKY and there are some pretty sad one in Cincy as well. I do not care for Dishonest car dealers and will name names if you PM me.
            My buddy buys from Macmulkin and really likes them as a Dealer for sales. He has never used their service Dept and absolutely hates going all the way up there to get his Vette.
            B&B

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

This is a true fact. I believe it is human nature. When things are plentiful-as in the release of a highly sought after new C8. Dealers get lazy. I know I risk blasphemy, but even the most hallowed names have not been incredibly responsive. I know I have heard glowing reports, but that has not been my experience. I will say, however that Christina and Vanessa have been great. I have had no further contact with my initial salesman at MacMulkin-and it took me days to hear back from them and to get my number on the list. Once C and V were involved, communication has been flawless.
              I had 2 of the 3rd gen owners (Jeff and Tommy) of MacMulkin contact me AND Christina and this was yesterday! I was quite impressed with how fast they all responded! I feel confident with their process too!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

I contacted MacMulkin in NH (we live in KY near Cincinnati) they have 250 people on their list with deposits. I could order through them and have a Museum delivery and not have to travel to NH.

But why would I do this when I'm on 5 other dealerships lists (2 of those are top 50) and would be able to pick up the car locally... plus develop somewhat of a relationship there.
                If you placed 5 deposits with those Dealers, you outsmarted me. I only placed orders where I feel that I have some leverager
                LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; 5ZZ LPO High Wing Spoiler (deleted by GM); T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package

Comment

Originally posted by BlkandBlueVette View Post
                  Mark, I live in Northern Ky (inside 275 loop) and have shopped and bought from most Chevy dealers in the area. Pretty sad situation for us Corvette owners. McCluskey seems to be Ok but I really have not Dealt with them.
                  For my C8 (bought my C7 there also) I went up to Hare Chev in Indy. Just in the Top 50 (some years) , but a great Sales group and Service is the best ones I have found.
                  They are about 120 miles from me which is a pain, but it is worth it in my opinion (I am a Mechanic by trade) and really critical of Maintenance.
                  The sad part is most dealers are a joke in NKY and there are some pretty sad one in Cincy as well. I do not care for Dishonest car dealers and will name names if you PM me.
                  My buddy buys from Macmulkin and really likes them as a Dealer for sales. He has never used their service Dept and absolutely hates going all the way up there to get his Vette.
                  B&B
                  OMG Glad you found your path to C8ville! I gave my name to many dealers in our area. Gill & Kerry & McCluskey, they all fail in getting back to people. I have one deposit in at Dan Cummins and I even have an order number at an Ohio dealership. But... based on the low confidence I have in all those, I sent in a deposit to MacMulkin 6/19. So I'm done. I have my name in at local dealers, I have a deposit down at a top 50, I have an order number in 1100 status AND I just sent MacMulkin a deposit. I have all possibilities covered that I'm aware of. Although, I may need something to get me through the next year... I live in NKY too!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

If you placed 5 deposits with those Dealers, you outsmarted me. I only placed orders where I feel that I have some leverager
                    Not smarter than you... just have low confidence with MANY dealers... so to combat that:
                    I have my name in at all the local/regional dealers,
                    I have a deposit down at a top 50 Corvette dealer,
                    I have an order number in 1100 status in Ohio (small dealer with no deposit) AND
                    I just sent MacMulkin a deposit for a museum delivery.
                    I have all possibilities covered that I'm aware of. So I feel confident in my strategy, even if some think it's not right to have orders with multiple dealers. I'm playing the game by their (GM) rules:-) Now I wait to see what happens:-) SAW... Sit And Wait!
                    Mark

Comment

MarkonEarth, I'm betting you'll have a car by next Spring at the latest. You seem to have done your homework, I would however put a deposit down with whomever, and be sure you have a signed contract as well as a Workbench order at 1100. (with copies in hand) Talk is often worthless in the case of C8 ordering, just cover your bases with paperwork.

Good luck to you!
                      Recently sold:
                      Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                        MarkonEarth, I'm betting you'll have a car by next Spring at the latest. You seem to have done your homework, I would however put a deposit down with whomever, and be sure you have a signed contract as well as a Workbench order at 1100. (with copies in hand) Talk is often worthless in the case of C8 ordering, just cover your bases with paperwork.

Good luck to you!
                        Thanks:-) George, I tried giving the guys a deposit on the 1100 order number. They said "not necessary". They told me they had 2 "Allocations" left and a friend of the owner got one, and I obtained the other. They did send me a copy of the workbench order! I'm trying to attach a partial copy... Kept telling me to wait until Chevy accepts the order to put my deposit down. It's our car build! But it's nothing without the allocation
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                          With all deserved respect for our forum sponsors, I would rather be third on the list of a local dealer than 650 on the list of a mega dealer. If your local dealer is MSRP, takes your calls and keeps you informed, no one can top that.
                          The joy of having a forum dealer as my local dealer, too!
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks:-) George, I tried giving the guys a deposit on the 1100 order number. They said "not necessary". They told me they had 2 "Allocations" left and a friend of the owner got one, and I obtained the other. They did send me a copy of the workbench order! I'm trying to attach a partial copy... Kept telling me to wait until Chevy accepts the order to put my deposit down. It's our car build! But it's nothing without the allocation [ATTACH]temp_21837_1592839988302_617[/ATTACH]
                            Well, maybe they're honest, hope so for your sake. I'd still get a signed sales contract, stating the price.
                            Recently sold:
                            Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Not smarter than you... just have low confidence with MANY dealers... so to combat that:
                              I have my name in at all the local/regional dealers,
                              I have a deposit down at a top 50 Corvette dealer,
                              I have an order number in 1100 status in Ohio (small dealer with no deposit) AND
                              I just sent MacMulkin a deposit for a museum delivery.
                              I have all possibilities covered that I'm aware of. So I feel confident in my strategy, even if some think it's not right to have orders with multiple dealers. I'm playing the game by their (GM) rules:-) Now I wait to see what happens:-) SAW... Sit And Wait!
                              Mark
                              Hopefully, you actually have a hard copy of each one of your orders. My understanding is that at Event Description 1100 you are under the control of your dealer. At 3000 you are under the control of GM
                              Last edited by Maxster; 06-22-2020, 05:23 PM.
                              LT2; Ceramic Gray Metallic; HTM Trim Jet Black; 5ZZ LPO High Wing Spoiler (deleted by GM); T19 Seat Belt Color Black; AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash; FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control; Z51 Performance package

Comment

I have a general question...has anybody who was at 3000 when production restarted, been upgraded to 3300,scheduled for production? My concierge believes they are only running cars on the line that were at 3300 at restart, and won't be doing 3000 cars until maybe mid July. jgaryd

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X