MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Depreciation of the 2020 C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn’t matter whether the BG workers are motivated or not. If GM decides to call them back, they have to go back according to the UAW-GM contract.

I read that if a worker becomes exposed or been around someone that has, they are going to get up to 2 weeks paid leave.

One reason for not having 2 shifts now and sometimes in the past was supplier problems. Bedford might be up to speed now but maybe not others.

I was a UAW member for 40 years. This is the way it works. Employees can not just decide not to come to work. They don’t have to be motivated, but they have to do their jobs.

Comment

They did have two shifts for one week according to some of the posts in other threads and were working toward a second shift. Whether it was worker numbers, training or parts availability GM was working toward a second shift. There should be some trained workers to backstop the first shift workers if need be. I don't know if GM will hit two shifts building out the 2020 model year but they should have enough workers available to staff a single shift...unless Covid19 makes a significant reappearance in spite of all of the safety measures at the plant.

Comment

Originally posted by COBB*4191 View Post
        THERE IS A NEW story today, may 12th on the opening of BOWLING GREEN on May 26th, not too encouraging in my book.........slow, slow restart, some workers are excited to get back to work and some are NOT excited to get back to work. I don't won't anything less than fully motivated workers building a car for me. that's My opinion only unless it changes, you will be able to order a 2021 (may 21st) before they start building 2020's again....3000 status
        Does anyone else agree that the May 21 date as GM stated in it's (apprx.) 3/18 memo to "All Chevrolet Corvette Dealers" is rather important? Actually, it's every day leading up to the 21st that is really important for all of us who are waiting to see if their MY2020 - regardless of Status - will be be built? Our dealer(s) are waiting to see if/how to deploy MY2021 Corvette Ordering Capability in Order Workbench to enable them and their existing customers to create a replacement MY2021 order.

In my situation, tt would seem that I/my dealer would need to know by 5/21 as to whether BGA will produce my SRE 1100 MY2020 in order to determine if placing a replacement MY2021 order will be necessary and to roll me ahead of existing 2021 waiting list customers (as my dealer said they would do). If I don’t know this information, then I - and those in my situation - will be at a disadvantage and would miss that initial 2021 SRE order. At this point, from what I've read it's fair to assume that at least those at Status 3000 and above will have their 2020’s’ produced Will we be able to know by 5/21 if GM will commit to producing all SRE MY2020 orders? If not, then 5/21 approaches with a Status of uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcinsb View Post
          Will we be able to know by 5/21 if GM will commit to producing all SRE MY2020 orders?
          Next week. Doubt it. I'm gonna wait till after production is confirmed to check with Concierge on my 3000 status.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
            You could help Meyerweb with his puzzle!
            Murray
            By the time I got there, Bob will have it done!!
            Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
            Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
            3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath on the GM Workbench opening up for MY2021 Corvette orders on 21 May 2020. If, as rumored, that MY2021 production start will be pushed back until late fall so that all the SRE MY2020 3000 status orders can be produced, then what's the hurry in starting the ordering process ? It can probably delayed to Labor Day without any impact on production.

Comment

I don't think entering 2021 orders in the Workbench on 5/21 is that significant. It does not establish the sequence the orders are picked up for production. That is set by how the dealer matches the orders to his actual allocation - he can move his golfing partner to the front of the line if he wants.

I think what it will do is establish the MSRP associated with the order and give the customer some feeling that things are moving forward along with some sense of where they are in line.

Comment

Parts pricing could impact 2021 cars, so yes, I think there is a reason why they would push back MY2021 ordering.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Not to mention MY2021 allocations - they may only parcel them out by month and NOT tell the dealers their anticipated total allocation until GM really understands potential production capabilities of BG and the supply chain. The MY2020 allocation estimates blew up in everybody's face due to the strike, COVID-19 and supply chain issues.

Comment

I too doubt that the May 21st date is still accurate. Lots has changed since that was shared.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                        Parts pricing could impact 2021 cars, so yes, I think there is a reason why they would push back MY2021 ordering.
                        If I were a supplier I would certainly raise my price.

Comment

I like that the 21s will have Mag Ride now that's a money saver IF they don't raise the prices to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
                            I like that the 21s will have Mag Ride now that's a money saver IF they don't raise the prices to compensate.
                            I guess you mean 2021 "Mag Ride" without Z51. If true, it would be an option. I don't need it. Another possibility for 2021 price increase is rear view camera as a standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

I guess you mean 2021 "Mag Ride" without Z51. If true, it would be an option. I don't need it. Another possibility for 2021 price increase is rear view camera as a standard.
                              I would think a five hundred dollar or maybe 750 price increase for the 2021 1LT base msrp for the rear view mirror camera would be a pretty good deal...

thats a neat feature as I hear new owners raving about it...

the wireless apple carplay thing? And android auto doesnt register in my old brain..lm sure its great and have it in my wifes alfa bit even after the dealer synced it up for her...she never uses it...how much tat feature is worth to younger consumers etc is beyond me. Id probably use it if it was standard on the c8 but doubt Ill miss it on the 2020 model.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                                I would think a five hundred dollar or maybe 750 price increase for the 2021 1LT base msrp for the rear view mirror camera would be a pretty good deal...thats a neat feature as I hear new owners raving about it...
                                Haven't sat in or seen a C8 but I bet that rear view camera is a must have. Like my 2lt C7, I knew I was going for the 2lt C8 trim. Glad it includes the rear view camera among all the other stuff.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X