MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

High Wing Constrained 4/20 TPW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Wing Constrained 4/20 TPW

Thank you “GearheadSS” for sharing this, even though it is not good news. It is for the black and the carbon flash black ones only at this time and is a supplier constraint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14D7B99F-33D1-42BA-9044-1B32619E0247.jpeg
Views:	2052
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	131266
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Ford planning to resume 4/6 partial assembly plant production, while GM says it has no definite dates.

Originally posted by theDetroitBureau
    Ford Planning to Restart “Key Plants” as Early as April 6

GM still has no “firm return dates.”

by Paul A. Eisenstein | Mar 26, 2020
    https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/202...ly-as-april-6/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It sure would be nice if GM would show some ingenuity and get the BGA plant up and running in a Clean environment setting. The C8s are sold out as of now according to GM. The other plants could remain closed as I am sure there is plenty of stock at dealerships in the other models. Also I would not be surprised to see other constraints as suppliers are shut down as well.

Comment

Toyota to resume full production 4/20. Information just released and thanks to “theDetroitBureau.”

Toyota will resume production at “all of its automobile and components plants in North America, including Canada, Mexico and the U.S.” on April 20, the automaker told TheDetroitBureau.com in an e-mailed statement.

Comment

I orderd the high wing, got my car 3,17 , no high wing . still no high wing and no idea when it will show. Wanted it on before ceramic coating, but cant wait any longer. Goes in for PPF and ceramic coating on Monday. I hope he won't charge me to do the wing when I finally get it.

Comment

The high wing constraint is due to the supplier having shut down operations due to COVID-19.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
              The high wing constraint is due to the supplier having shut down operations due to COVID-19.
              I'm sure, I am not surprised . I am suprised , or maybe not so surprised that the order was picked up and no high wing alocated for the order. At least it came with a engine .😁

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                The source please?
                LT2
                Ceramic Gray Metallic
                HTM Trim Jet Black
                5ZZ LPO High Wing Spoiler
                T19 Seat Belt Color Black
                AE4 Seat Competition Sport Bucket
                E60 Front Lift
                Q8Q 5-open spoke Carbon Flash
                FE4 Suspension Z51 Magnetic Selective Ride Control
                Z51 Performance package

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post

The source please?
                  One of our friends from the Corvette Team on a Facebook post regarding the high wing constraint.

Comment

Did he mention specifically the (black painted) and (carbon flash painted) only as constrained? Or covers any/all colors under the 5ZU umbrella?
                    5ZU (Body Color High Wing) includes: G8G, GBA, GJI & GKZ
                    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Originally posted by ZoraC2 View Post
                      Did he mention specifically the (black painted) and (carbon flash painted) only as constrained? Or covers any/all colors under the 5ZU umbrella?
                      5ZU (Body Color High Wing) includes: G8G, GBA, GJI & GKZ
                      The list in the first post just indicates the 5ZU generally, no mention of only some colors, so I would guess that all are affected. Presumably including your Torch Red wing. Sorry.

Comment

John, ks it fair to believe if you TPW is 3/16 the plant knows they have a wing lined up for you (even if the actual build is 4/20)

Comment

Originally posted by Flht95 View Post
                          John, ks it fair to believe if you TPW is 3/16 the plant knows they have a wing lined up for you (even if the actual build is 4/20)
                          I sure hope so because my TPW was 3/16 and my body was in paint when the
                          plant shut down. I have the high wing ordered as well. Also 5VM and who knows how that will turn out?

Comment

There are high wings available on the internet now if your dealer can not get you one on your order or at their parts counter. [Mine coincidentally is already at my dealers, lonely awaiting his car to arrive to mate to; our Corvettes are “he’s.”]

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post

I sure hope so because my TPW was 3/16 and my body was in paint when the
                              plant shut down. I have the high wing ordered as well. Also 5VM and who knows how that will turn out?
                              How did you know your body was in paint? (or how could I find out if miine even started in the line?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X