Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

C8 Soon Going For A Drive Not On Its Own Wheels But Thanks to Jack Cooper Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickg747
    replied
    No kidding. I want to see that color combination and also the picture of you with a Big Smile!

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    WRP SPP still in Toledo. Arrived there five days ago. Hopefully it starts to move west on a train soon.

Leave a comment:

• Pb7148
    replied
    Congrats 👍👍 it's almost there. Long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Your my example of patience is a virtue eventually it will all come together

Leave a comment:

• corvette1953
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Klinn was correct, WRP SPD arrived yesterday afternoon in CSX’s Toledo, OR rail yard, e.g., his prediction (no surprise) that I would soon see a new column on the JCT screen labeled “document” and that by opening it I would see my delivery receipt. I sure hope it only sits there for a few days before it is loaded on an auto rack and heads home to Oregon. Thank you Klinn.

Click image for larger version Name:	500C0AE9-90AD-4EAD-9B24-8A45F85B6DE1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	132139Click image for larger version Name:	166E0F02-A2A0-4760-8A58-AA04A5C7E385.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	132140
    I found that with mine once it made it to the train yard that is the end of Jack Cooper up dates. I knew mine would come to the Milpitas California rail yard, fortunately a group of (to remain nameless) of people I knew were working in the area and had the good fortune to "stake out" the rail yard for me and spotted our C8 being unloaded from the rail car. They rushed into the yard like they owned it and had the driver hit the Blue On-star button, (On-Star activated by my dealer but would not provide data until the blue button had been pushed in the Corvette), and the rest is history, you can then set up your smart device to give you alerts, mine immediately showed extremely low fuel, current milage, tire pressure, and etc.. The car only sat 2.5 days before the trucking company called our dealer to make sure they were open and available to receive the car, had the dealer not answered the trucking company would not have loaded and delivered, make sure your dealers phones are answered or they will not deliver it due to Virus shut downs. Get your drone out over the rail yard! It won't be long now John!

Leave a comment:

• Happy2bHere
    replied
    Klinn was correct, WRP SPD arrived yesterday afternoon in CSX’s Toledo, OR rail yard, e.g., his prediction (no surprise) that I would soon see a new column on the JCT screen labeled “document” and that by opening it I would see my delivery receipt. I sure hope it only sits there for a few days before it is loaded on an auto rack and heads home to Oregon. Thank you Klinn.

Click image for larger version Name:	500C0AE9-90AD-4EAD-9B24-8A45F85B6DE1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	132139Click image for larger version Name:	166E0F02-A2A0-4760-8A58-AA04A5C7E385.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	132140
    Hope yours moves quicker than mine. Mine has been there for 15 days so far.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Click image for larger version  Name:	500C0AE9-90AD-4EAD-9B24-8A45F85B6DE1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	132139Click image for larger version  Name:	166E0F02-A2A0-4760-8A58-AA04A5C7E385.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	132140

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Watching a friend load his high wing ZR1 from the side convinced me that it is a good way to load and unload. I also saw a post last week of a medium height person (I think 5’9”) who said he was loading and unloading over his high wing.

Leave a comment:

• Kirby Montgomery
    replied
    John, great news that your C8 is on its way! So happy for you! May you drive it in good health. Love your build specs! Thought you decided to go with regular Z51 spoiler rather than high wing due to luggage lift over height?

Leave a comment:

• USCANAM
    replied
    John
    First time I've seen that rendering, Probably the only application of that blue that I've personally liked.
    Very attractive and different.
    Enjoy it. Hoping it arrives sooner than later!!

Leave a comment:

• Neil H
    replied
    Hey John, did you check your trip # yet?

Leave a comment:

• ZORA 69
    replied
    Black and Blue (The Bruiser) Congrats. You will be driving soon. Happy for you.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    I will tomorrow click on “Documents”.
    Note that, in my case anyway, there were a couple of days between "Dispatched" status and "Delivered". The 14th and the 16th of the month, to be precise. So don't be discouraged if it takes a short while to register as having been delivered. I think Jack Cooper Transport's site takes a while to update.

Leave a comment:

• Capper525
    replied
    Congratulations John. April 12 would be a reasonable goal/date.....

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Thanks Klinn. Now I got it. I appreciate your educating me to click on Trip # (not freight number). I see now that I am in the company of 9 other C8’s — of course that makes sense.

I will tomorrow click on “Documents”. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Klinn
    replied
    WRP SPD “dispatched.” Meaning what? There are no other vehicles on the freight bill (whereas I have never seen less than six VINS listed in any one before, and as we know most typically 9 or 10 on a transporter). It costs a whole bunch to take a transporter from BG to Toledo, OH, with only one vehicle??? What else could “dispatched” mean other than the truck has started its one day trip north?
    The freight bill is unique to your car only. Search on the "Trip #" and it will show the other cars on your transporter load, all destined for the same Toledo rail yard.

And yes, the only thing Dispatched means is that a truck is on it's way to pick up the cars or has already done so and is heading to Toledo. After it drops off your car, the status will change to delivered with the date (if I recall correctly) and your freight bill number will show when it was dropped off.

Edit: That isn't quite right -- when your car is delivered and you search for the VIN, a new column will appear at the far right called "Documents" and there's a link to the delivery receipt which tells you when the load was dispatched and when it was delivered.

One step closer!
    Last edited by Klinn; 03-26-2020, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X