Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

C8 Soon Going For A Drive Not On Its Own Wheels But Thanks to Jack Cooper Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATS! Now I would get your courtesy dealer on the phone. To get your car. I did not do this and my car sat for several painful days to avoid this call the dealer. He can call and speed it up. Otherwise it can sit because short delivery's are not cost effective for the trucker.
    I think it is on the train and will unload in Portland Up yard soon. Least they have been for me from BG!
    Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 03-26-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      I am going to have Mike Furman activate my OnStar account when he gets in in the morning. Thanks again.
      What are the steps for me to track with OnStar if I ask my dealer to activate it?

Comment

Wondering if it would be prudent to wipe down with sanitizing wipes the most commonly touched areas when you take possession.
        Save the wave.

Comment

I have no guesses at all for your delivery date and yet will be following this thread with my utmost attention.

Though my order is stalled at 3100, it will eventually follow mostly the same path as WRP SPD. Only difference being the final leg 30 miles to the east.

Congrats on your upcoming delivery.

Comment

WRP SPD “dispatched.” Meaning what? There are no other vehicles on the freight bill (whereas I have never seen less than six VINS listed in any one before, and as we know most typically 9 or 10 on a transporter). It costs a whole bunch to take a transporter from BG to Toledo, OH, with only one vehicle??? What else could “dispatched” mean other than the truck has started its one day trip north?
            The freight bill is unique to your car only. Search on the "Trip #" and it will show the other cars on your transporter load, all destined for the same Toledo rail yard.

And yes, the only thing Dispatched means is that a truck is on it's way to pick up the cars or has already done so and is heading to Toledo. After it drops off your car, the status will change to delivered with the date (if I recall correctly) and your freight bill number will show when it was dropped off.

Edit: That isn't quite right -- when your car is delivered and you search for the VIN, a new column will appear at the far right called "Documents" and there's a link to the delivery receipt which tells you when the load was dispatched and when it was delivered.

One step closer!
            Last edited by Klinn; 03-26-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks Klinn. Now I got it. I appreciate your educating me to click on Trip # (not freight number). I see now that I am in the company of 9 other C8’s — of course that makes sense.

I will tomorrow click on “Documents”. Thanks again.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Congratulations John. April 12 would be a reasonable goal/date.....
                Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

I will tomorrow click on “Documents”.
                  Note that, in my case anyway, there were a couple of days between "Dispatched" status and "Delivered". The 14th and the 16th of the month, to be precise. So don't be discouraged if it takes a short while to register as having been delivered. I think Jack Cooper Transport's site takes a while to update.

Comment

Black and Blue (The Bruiser) Congrats. You will be driving soon. Happy for you.

Comment

Hey John, did you check your trip # yet?
                      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

John
                        First time I've seen that rendering, Probably the only application of that blue that I've personally liked.
                        Very attractive and different.
                        Enjoy it. Hoping it arrives sooner than later!!
                        Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                        Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                        Home 08/10/20

Comment

John, great news that your C8 is on its way! So happy for you! May you drive it in good health. Love your build specs! Thought you decided to go with regular Z51 spoiler rather than high wing due to luggage lift over height?

Comment

Watching a friend load his high wing ZR1 from the side convinced me that it is a good way to load and unload. I also saw a post last week of a medium height person (I think 5’9”) who said he was loading and unloading over his high wing.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Klinn was correct, WRP SPD arrived yesterday afternoon in CSX’s Toledo, OR rail yard, e.g., his prediction (no surprise) that I would soon see a new column on the JCT screen labeled “document” and that by opening it I would see my delivery receipt. I sure hope it only sits there for a few days before it is loaded on an auto rack and heads home to Oregon. Thank you Klinn.

Click image for larger version  Name:	500C0AE9-90AD-4EAD-9B24-8A45F85B6DE1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	132139Click image for larger version  Name:	166E0F02-A2A0-4760-8A58-AA04A5C7E385.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	132140

Comment

Klinn was correct, WRP SPD arrived yesterday afternoon in CSX’s Toledo, OR rail yard, e.g., his prediction (no surprise) that I would soon see a new column on the JCT screen labeled “document” and that by opening it I would see my delivery receipt. I sure hope it only sits there for a few days before it is loaded on an auto rack and heads home to Oregon. Thank you Klinn.

Click image for larger version Name:	500C0AE9-90AD-4EAD-9B24-8A45F85B6DE1.png Views:	0 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	132139Click image for larger version Name:	166E0F02-A2A0-4760-8A58-AA04A5C7E385.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	132140
                                Hope yours moves quicker than mine. Mine has been there for 15 days so far.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X