Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

C8 Soon Going For A Drive Not On Its Own Wheels But Thanks to Jack Cooper Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas in the Spring time.........good luck sleeping! I predict April 14 can’t wait to see the pics of that unique C8 you had built....
    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

John,
      progress!! Congrats I am very happy for you, WRP SPD is finally mobile.
      HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards.
      Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
      Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020
      4000 11/20/20; 4200 11/23/20; 5000 11/24/20

Comment

That color combo is amazing... congrats john!

Comment

I am happy for you john . you and so many forum members have watched others get there cars, while there cars were built long before and sat at BGA . I felt bad that my car was built and deliverd in 1 week while others waited forever. I hope everyone else who's car is sitting at the plant get them soon.
          Last edited by Lance's tops; 03-26-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I think it will be an Easter egg!
            Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              WRP SPD’s time-wise long story. Five years, one month and 25 days ago we wrote a $1,000 check deposit, placed with Mike [email protected] On September 1st last year he and I wrote up the order at his desk. It was officially picked up later that month, became status 3000 on Oct. 1st, started down the assembly line (exactly when its TPW predicted) on March 2nd, finished March 3rd, and was released by the plant to JCT yesterday.

Today JCT, while still classifying its delivery as “pending,” just changed its freight bill description to include its future initial destination. As to when it leaves BGA property, as we know JCT has ten days once a vehicle is released by BGA to them, to remove it from the yard and start its journey. However as JCT is paid when a delivery is made, they are highly motivated to move it on its way soonest.

It is heading to the CSX yard in Toledo, OH, where it will typically sit between 1 and 5 days before it then heads west to its terminus at the Union Pacific rail-yard in Norhwest Portland. Then UP has, per contract, one day to unload it from the auto rack where it will sit, supposedly a maximum of three days (again per contract), then re-loaded on a local transporter to head to my courtesy delivery dealer about 75 miles south.

Any guesses as to when it will arrive at my courtesy delivery dealership?

Click image for larger version Name:	1196B619-F926-4929-88DD-61A4A81D06EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	577.9 KB ID:	131120
              Click image for larger version Name:	B4325BEE-D33A-4C73-90B4-C4C134AB02A3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	470.5 KB ID:	131121
              John it will arrive sooner than you think; mine only took 16 days total from the day it left BG to hitting my dealers lot in the Bay Area of California. I had some help tracking it from the train yard in Milpitas when they turned On-Star on for me. Make sure your dealer is answering their phones due to any virus lockdown because they did call my dealer to see if they were accepting deliveries before final loading of the transport truck from the train holding yard. As much as I have complained about delivery all I can say is "It's worth the wait."
              Congratulations !
              Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

I'm not going to guess a specific day ... just that it gets there safely and as soon as possible

Comment

Good luck John. Can’t wait to see pictures.

Comment

Going with 4/11 but hope for much sooner. Congrats John
                    still enjoying living vicariously through all of you while mine sits at 3000
                    Mesa, AZ.
                    AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM (via ACS Composite), 5ZC, FE4, RCC

Comment

Yay John!!! That is exciting news. I hope we get many photos and I am looking forward to seeing your display option choices on the gauges. With a little luck you'll get me up to speed before my car finally gets built. Your wait is almost over!

Comment

WRP SPD “dispatched.” Meaning what? There are no other vehicles on the freight bill (whereas I have never seen less than six VINS listed in any one before, and as we know most typically 9 or 10 on a transporter). It costs a whole bunch to take a transporter from BG to Toledo, OH, with only one vehicle???

What else could “dispatched” mean other than the truck has started its one day trip north?

Click image for larger version  Name:	3F4B8345-3C9B-479E-A3B4-DD00F37CF526.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	131466
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

One car trailer?
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Maybe the lot is now empty???
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Thank you Murray20c8. I know that there are quite a few others still within BGA that are going to be freed soon or fairly soon. But, and I just thought of this long shot while considering your 2nd post... And maybe also regarding your first post also, they have one of those pickup haulers such as dealerships use to trade or transfer one or two vehicles to another dealership, pick up one for their customer, etc.

Maybe if they have a one/two hauler pickup like transporter, you have figured it out.

And/or is it possible that GM has given them a list of all of them still leaving the yard (prior to re-opening) and their designations, and not one other is heading to Toledo, OH or in that area. I still find that a long shot since even of those who head out of there by transporter go only two directions if their C8’s are next “catching the train,” either directly north to Toledo or northwest to Kansas City. But these sure are curious times with lots of old answers no longer being accurate.
                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I am going to have Mike Furman activate my OnStar account when he gets in in the morning. Thanks again.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X