MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Soon Going For A Drive Not On Its Own Wheels But Thanks to Jack Cooper Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Soon Going For A Drive Not On Its Own Wheels But Thanks to Jack Cooper Transport

WRP SPD’s time-wise long story. Five years, one month and 25 days ago we wrote a $1,000 check deposit, placed with Mike [email protected] On September 1st last year he and I wrote up the order at his desk. It was officially picked up later that month, became status 3000 on Oct. 1st, started down the assembly line (exactly when its TPW predicted) on March 2nd, finished March 3rd, and was released by the plant to JCT yesterday.

Today JCT, while still classifying its delivery as “pending,” just changed its freight bill description to include its future initial destination. As to when it leaves BGA property, as we know JCT has ten days once a vehicle is released by BGA to them, to remove it from the yard and start its journey. However as JCT is paid when a delivery is made, they are highly motivated to move it on its way soonest.

It is heading to the CSX yard in Toledo, OH, where it will typically sit between 1 and 5 days before it then heads west to its terminus at the Union Pacific rail-yard in Norhwest Portland. Then UP has, per contract, one day to unload it from the auto rack where it will sit, supposedly a maximum of three days (again per contract), then re-loaded on a local transporter to head to my courtesy delivery dealer about 75 miles south.

Any guesses as to when it will arrive at my courtesy delivery dealership?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1196B619-F926-4929-88DD-61A4A81D06EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	577.9 KB ID:	131120
    Click image for larger version  Name:	B4325BEE-D33A-4C73-90B4-C4C134AB02A3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	470.5 KB ID:	131121
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Congrats John!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear your review...happy driving (hopefully soon, my guess April 11)

Comment

Glad to hear your black beauty is finally on the move. You've been waiting for longer than most after the car was produced. Hopefully the train will make record time for you!

Comment

Congratulations, your car is finally making progress in the saga of it's trip across country. I know you have been very patient in waiting for this car. Hopefully, each of the steps along the way are completed in the minimum time frame possible.

My guess is April 5th. Any prizes for the closest guess?
        2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
        2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

A big Congratulations John....

More and more coming. Now, we will wait for the factory to open back up at some future point, and start this whole show again.
          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Such a beautiful spec, Congrats!
            2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Congratulations John. We look forward to seeing pictures of your delivery!

Comment

Mine updated with destination on Monday. I’m hoping you and I both see another update very soon !!!

Comment

Congratulations John. My guess is April 16.
                  Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS John ,
                    I'm guessing you'll have it April10 . GOOD FRIDAY ... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ​​​​​​​
                    A thought if I might ...

Comment

John, I can't tell you how excited I am that your new 2020 Corvette Stingray is on the way to your house!!!

Comment

April 15 tax day. Well the former tax day. Good luck! Now let’s get this ordeal handled and get the line going. With well workers and owners.

Comment

Congrats! My guess will be April 9th!

Comment

I thought 2.7 years was forever 5 years is a long time coming, its the last week that drove me crazy with all the virus stuff going on and the car just sitting and waiting. Good for you John, let me guess the 12th.

Comment

Great to see things progressing for you.

With the new (tentative) date for the Bash, have you given any thought to driving the new car to Bowling Green? Would love to see it in person.
                              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X