Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

GM Coronavirus update/Barra statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALF01 View Post
    Kentucky just added it's name to the list of states where restaurants are now "takeout only"....
    Looks like I'll be gettin outta there with a Sub Sandwich in one hand and my eyes " On The Road Ahead" blastin a tune feeling appropriate to the mood

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
      Man... what timing. My delivery is a week from today (the 23rd). I fly into Nashville on Sunday, and plan on handing my car over to Auto Armor after I take delivery and staying in Bowling Green for a week.

Right now I'm just taking things one day at a time and will see what happens. Variables include:
      • Will my airline cancel my flight?
      • Will the museum shut down?
      • Will Auto Armor continue to be open?
      • If everything goes as planned, what the heck am I going to do for a week in Bowling Green while they wrap my car?
      Obviously my epic 4,000 mile road trip to the northeast and back to Utah is out. Right now I plan on just driving it back home, about 1,600 miles, through much less infected areas than the northeast. Sigh.

On the bright side, my car will be fully broken in when I get home.
      I had a different epic trip planned that will likely be canceled or dramatically changed. I’m at 3400 and my TPW was 3/9 so who knows what’s going on. Staying safe is the most important thing now. Good luck
      Vin # 2539
      Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
        Here’s a further GM information item:

https://www.gm.com/coronavirus/employees.html

I started this thread thinking that since we are all anxious to get behind the wheel of our C8, tracking the implications of the Coronavirus on the process would be helpful information. I didn’t intend a medical or political debate forum.

As I face the decision whether to quarantine myself as “high risk”, I face many implications for my family and myself. I count myself fortunate as I am healthy and can weather an economic squall. Many in our country and the world, and on this forum (I note one member awaiting a heart transplant) may face graver consequences.

Some of the posts here have caused me to scream and I could respond with much oppositional vigor. I haven’t, because this is not what this ought to be about.

So, please, unless you are a medical professional with specific experience and something to say pertinent to how this crisis affects C8 aficionados, May I ask a favor: keep opinions out of this. How about just empathy and mutual support.
        This I found to be of interest and is germane to the discussion. It is just a matter of time.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...s-coronavirus/

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post

This I found to be of interest and is germane to the discussion. It is just a matter of time.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...s-coronavirus/
          Good catch Busa Dave ... they have to do what's best for their employees. I'm personaly staying home and doing the WFH thing as I can actually be productive whether in the office or not. SIGH!!

Comment

It’s hard to imagine what lies ahead. They (the experts) are saying that this will be with us through the summer or longer, unless a vaccine or cure is developed.
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Typically vaccines take a long time to develop. 1-2 years is pretty fast. It is hard to imagine that any segment of the economy or population will not be touched by this in some way. People are just going to have to roll with the punches until this thing is dealt with. We signed new contracts yesterday but I have a contract we are supposed to sign in approximately two weeks for a new 14,000SF restaurant on a lake. Have to admit I am not sure I would be proceeding with a new restaurant given what is going on. That will tell me a lot about the mindset of banks and business owners and where we might be heading.

Comment

I hear you DavidM ... we were going to get ready to build a new house ... everything is in "limbo land" right now. Hope all works out for you guys.

Comment

The world will adapt to any situation that is before them. On line sales will help a lot of businesses. People who are able to work from home will slow down the spread of the virus. It’s a people problem that us people will handle. Just do you part is all we can ask for. Help thy neighbor the best you can. We are all in this together and together we shall overcome all that is ahead of us. If you need help ask for it. Be kind to all you encounter during this time in your life.
                  2022 Torch Red. 2LT. Z51 ,mag ride ,gray trident wheels .black trim with red interior

2023 Z06 wait list # 396 at Ciocca Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                    The world will adapt to any situation that is before them. On line sales will help a lot of businesses. People who are able to work from home will slow down the spread of the virus. It’s a people problem that us people will handle. Just do you part is all we can ask for. Help thy neighbor the best you can. We are all in this together and together we shall overcome all that is ahead of us. If you need help ask for it. Be kind to all you encounter during this time in your life.
                    Well said Mike.......People are at their best when circumstances are at their worst.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

IMHO with what is going to happen over the coming months (roil) in the markets many who thought they had no chance at getting one of these cars will see them in showrooms. Many people are keeping their powder dry during this and will postpone a purchase of a toy or two. As in all uncertain financial markets and future economic impact there is opportunity for those patient and who have the wherewithal to find it.

For example if I this had happened when the Z06 or the HP version was in the same state of production these first versions are I would have contacted every dealer in Texas (General Manager) followed by an email confirming our telecon letting them know if they had anyone back out I would be a buyer of a hard loaded Z06 if that is what it will be called in the following colors xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                        Typically vaccines take a long time to develop. 1-2 years is pretty fast. It is hard to imagine that any segment of the economy or population will not be touched by this in some way. People are just going to have to roll with the punches until this thing is dealt with. We signed new contracts yesterday but I have a contract we are supposed to sign in approximately two weeks for a new 14,000SF restaurant on a lake. Have to admit I am not sure I would be proceeding with a new restaurant given what is going on. That will tell me a lot about the mindset of banks and business owners and where we might be heading.
                        Maybe you have that clause .... " An act of God " CoVid19 seems to apply.

If we cannot blunt that peak, we are in for a really hard time Worldwide.

Tripling every week since Monday the 16th at 3500 cases for 49 days is 2187(3500) = 7,654,500 cases

Father Help Us. Keep the SpringBreakers under lock and key or else all our Self-Isolation will come to naught

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline Junky View Post

10am CST the 23rd for me Bud ! I have a ticket to fly into Nashville the 21st at night via SouthWest. I sure do hope that Domestic flights are not shutdown. I, too, will be doing a ROADTRIP, but, back to the Left Coast ... only about 2450 miles or so for me. Will get my 1st oil change upon arrival to California
                          Dude. We are getting our cars delivered at the exact same time. I'll be the bald guy with the grey goatee drooling on a Sebring Orange Z51 with a carbon flash metallic spoiler.

Comment

I'd love to be driving my new car, trust me I literally was home bound for 2 months from elbow surgery and now this, but more then that I hope everyone is well and healthy, but yeah it will totally suck if I have to drive my ol C7 around while people are trying to feed their kids and pay rent.....

Comment

Well heck...if the college kids are willing to give up sex for a month or so to stop the virus spread......I guess I can wait a bit to get my C8 .....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff View Post
                                Well heck...if the college kids are willing to give up sex for a month or so to stop the virus spread...
                                I would not bank on that one.

Really glad I did not sell my C7 though.
                                2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X