MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

How Many Corvettes Can Be Shipped Per Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Corvettes Can Be Shipped Per Day?

Was thinkig that once the Quality Hold is over there could be possibly over 2 thousand Corvettes built and ready to ship.

How long should it take to deliver the current inventory so as not to delay cars with a TPW of March and April to be loaded and delivered?

That’s assuming the QCH will expire the end of February
    Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
    Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks, NCM Photo Album Program
    3000 TPW ????????????

I thought the quality control hold was over. They wrapped the c8 s in plastic and they are supposed to be delivered to at least one dealer prior to march 1ST ...

all just my opinion.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

They are wrapped and ready to ship while others go through testing and process review. Sure hope it ends soon.... like tomorrow would be perfect... or it will take a while for shipping to catch up, I would guess.
      Shadow Gray Metallic.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60

Comment

Not one customer car, nor a CTF being sold to a customer has shipped yet. As to when, ???

We have no idea as to how many JCT transporters would be used to ferry Corvettes. Each one holds ten Corvettes. Perhaps they have forty they can throw into only Corvette transport, perhaps more. Then those transporter head out to dealerships, unload, and return for another ten. IMO is it going to be at least several weeks if not a month before the backlog is caught up. However I think that the backlog will be caught up just in time to prevent the next month’s being shipped on time.

One other thing about the first QCH ending soon (whenever that is). Let us assume it is the end of next week and thus was 3 1/2 weeks long. They might open the floodgates only partially, deciding for the next time period that every car shall have its own QCH of a minimum of week, a minimum of two weeks (or some other amount of time).

We do not know whether this “secondary QCH” would be happening (nor might GM at this time).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

JCT has a lot of transporters. If they wanted to move them very quick they could. I would guess they will bring in extra transporters but not be crazy about it.

Comment

Sit down, relax, take a deep breath...… Just like the birth of a baby. They will come when it's time. My mom always said, "Worry about the things you can control, not the things that you can't". Good advice 60 years ago. Good advice today! (With that said, anyone have any idea when I'll get my HTC which is being built the first week in April????)

Comment

Fwiw i still believe one transporter will deliver a c8 to a dealer befire march 1st.

just because it makes for good press...

could I be wrong? Absolutely...

my opinion and just an optimistic guess...

we will know in about nine days...

im always the eternal optimist.
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Could not agree more with your mother. Wise woman.

Don't really need my car before the end of April, but if it was built, and cleared to ship, it would be a shame if it sat in the yard because of a huge backlog of customer cars waiting to ship before it.

Also, as I've explained in a previous post, the funds that will pay for the car are sitting in an interest bearing investment, so since delivery is out of my control, I might as well take advantage of the few extra dollars until such time as I get the call from the dealer to "come pick it up".
                Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks, NCM Photo Album Program
                3000 TPW ????????????

Comment

In addition to John's comments, I've brought this up several times, after status code 4000, comes 4B00, BAYED status which means the car is in the lot waiting for BGA logistics to assign and load it on a transporter. Let's discount at this point of time, any C8's that will have to be first transported to far away US distances (like Oregon!) by rail. Besides the shear numbers of cars just to be loaded, a transporter of ten C8's all have to be shipped to dealers in the same general area. If your dealer is not going to have ten C8's shipped to him at one time, your C8 will potentially have to be "married up" with nine other C8's being sent to nine different dealers. My 2015 C7 sat in a BAYED status for three weeks before being shipped (status code 4200) to my "medium" size Corvette dealer in Cincinnati (255 miles). C8's produced three to four weeks after your car, may get to their dealer before yours does! At this stage (3800 or 4000) in the game, patience is more than just a virtue!
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

My experience with the C7 QH was. This was back in September 2013 . My dealership first C7 to arrive was mine and they had a few in transit status and built before mine. I think I was like #4 in a small dealership in the Atlanta area. Not saying they are going to follow that procedure this time . They have a larger holding lot now and may not have to use Nashville. We shall see what happens this time around. I’m in the 5th week of production much like last time. My dealer already has two in transit status. Im #3 in 3400 status. Finger crossed 🤞
                    Last edited by MikeC8; 02-21-2020, 11:56 AM.
                    RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                    .VIN.1906

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X