MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Canadians check in. Car, dealer, Build date etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canadians check in. Car, dealer, Build date etc.

    I'm getting lost trying to keep up with all the Canadians and their cars, builds, build dates, status etc. The other thread is getting way too big so I thought I'd start a new thread so we can track each other, develop friendships and maybe meetup after we get our cars delivered.

    I ordered through Brian Cullen motors in St Catherines.
    I paid my deposit July 30th 2019
    I'm still at 1100
    My car is in my signature
    Torch red Coupe, Adrenaline red, 2LT, Front lift, Performance exhaust and 5 spoke carbon flash wheels.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

  • #2
    I ordered through Jim Gauthier Chevrolet in WInnipeg
    I paid my deposit November 19, 2018
    My TPW was Feb 17
    I have confirmation that my car has been built!
    Torch Red, 2LT, High Wing, Performance Exhaust, Red seat belts, Bright Red brake calipers, red leather interior, Carbon Flash Open Spoke Wheels.

    (No Z51 as I needed the additional ground clearance, will not be tracking it, and wanted all season tires as I live in the far north (700 km North of Wpg) and wanted the longest driving season)(I am also not a rich man)
    Last edited by Happy2bHere; 02-19-2020, 03:32 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Guess there are only 2 Canadians on here! LOL.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
        Guess there are only 2 Canadians on here! LOL.
        Patience, patience.

        Ordered through Myers Motors Ottawa.
        Put down deposit 2019-06-17, was initially 6th in line, then advanced to 2nd, then back to 3rd. (long story)
        Status 4200-ish, shipped on March 14th.
        Torch Red Coupe, 2LT Natural, Z51, Mag Shocks, Front Lift, Spectra Gray Tridents, Red Calipers, STI, Chrome Badges.


        Still looking for stickier tires to replace the Michelin PS4's, e.g. some Bridgestone RE-71R's. Can find the fronts no problem but 305's for the back aren't available yet.
        Last edited by Klinn; 03-15-2020, 09:15 PM. Reason: Updated status.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ordered through Wilson Niblet in Toronto
          Put down deposit the day after reveal
          Supposed to go to status 3000 this week
          Sebring Orange, 1LT, Black interior with orange belts, Z51, Magride, black mirrors and spoiler

          Comment


          • #6
            Deposit down in January 2018 at Cullen
            Order placed in the September round and Cullen had mine and one other accepted at that time.

            Car produced on first day of production 3rd Feb.

            Fun Canadian facts about that September round - only around 9 cars went to 3000 - 1 in BC, 1 in Red Deer AB (forum menber here), 4 in Ontario, 1 Quebec, 1 NB and 1 NS.

            John and I have a friendly discussion going on about my VIN 00026.

            There is some circumstantial evidence that GM "reserved" the first 25 regular production VIN's for, let's say, "preferred customers" or in the case of 00001 and 00025, for auction. They could also have been thinking of any customers who wanted to pay extra for a low VIN.

            Kerbeck's first VIN shown is 00027.

            Meaning that if my theory is correct, my VIN is the first generally available number released.
            2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            2LT, Z51 + MRC
            Spectra Grey Tridents
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

            Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

            I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
              Deposit down in January 2018 at Cullen
              Order placed in the September round and Cullen had mine and one other accepted at that time.

              Car produced on first day of production 3rd Feb.

              Fun Canadian facts about that September round - only around 9 cars went to 3000 - 1 in BC, 1 in Red Deer AB (forum menber here), 4 in Ontario, 1 Quebec, 1 NB and 1 NS.

              John and I have a friendly discussion going on about my VIN 00026.

              There is some circumstantial evidence that GM "reserved" the first 25 regular production VIN's for, let's say, "preferred customers" or in the case of 00001 and 00025, for auction. They could also have been thinking of any customers who wanted to pay extra for a low VIN.

              Kerbeck's first VIN shown is 00027.

              Meaning that if my theory is correct, my VIN is the first generally available number released.
              Nice to have that VIN 26; that's awesome!

              Odd that although my car didn't go to 3000 in September (Manitoba) that it has already been produced. (Had a Feb 17 TPW and I have confirmation from Chevy chat that it has been produced)

              Comment


              • #8
                My deposit for a convertible went down on May 10, 2019 at WN. The last time I checked my order was at 3000 with a TPW of April 6th which is start of production for convertibles. Hoping to have it for the end of April or beginning of May.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

                  Nice to have that VIN 26; that's awesome!

                  Odd that although my car didn't go to 3000 in September (Manitoba) that it has already been produced. (Had a Feb 17 TPW and I have confirmation from Chevy chat that it has been produced)
                  My list of 9 Canadian orders at 3000 in September is only going from memory, so yours could have been one. Didn't you know in Sept what your status was? It's also possible (though not as likely), that orders from the December round could have been slotted into February production. What's your VIN?
                  2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC
                  Spectra Grey Tridents
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

                  Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

                  I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                    My list of 9 Canadian orders at 3000 in September is only going from memory, so yours could have been one. Didn't you know in Sept what your status was? It's also possible (though not as likely), that orders from the December round could have been slotted into February production. What's your VIN?
                    I didn't know in September what my status was; I believe it was picked up in December.

                    I do not yet have my VIN. The chat on chevrolet.ca doesn't have access to VINs; but confirmed that it was built. I texted my salesman letting him know that it was built and asked for my VIN, I don't have a response yet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

                      I didn't know in September what my status was; I believe it was picked up in December.

                      I do not yet have my VIN. The chat on chevrolet.ca doesn't have access to VINs; but confirmed that it was built. I texted my salesman letting him know that it was built and asked for my VIN, I don't have a response yet.
                      You should have your VIN once the car is built. I suspect your order was picked up in September, but you weren't told. The reason I say that is that the total number of cars at 3000 from the September round filled up February production and into the first week in March. So unlikely that December orders are built yet.
                      2020 C8 Corvette ....DOB 02/03/2020.... VIN L5100026
                      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                      2LT, Z51 + MRC
                      Spectra Grey Tridents
                      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

                      Residing in sunny Niagara, Ontario.

                      I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                        You should have your VIN once the car is built. I suspect your order was picked up in September, but you weren't told. The reason I say that is that the total number of cars at 3000 from the September round filled up February production and into the first week in March. So unlikely that December orders are built yet.
                        Yes, I should have the VIN now that the car is built. I am waiting for my salesman to tell me the VIN. My methods of obtaining information has been from the Chevy chat and the customer service line. The folks that respond to those inquiries do not have access to VINs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My VIN ends in 642. I'm excited!

                          **Edited as dealer contacted me to let me know that my VIN is in the 1100's. He had my build confused with another. What is important is that it is built!
                          Last edited by Happy2bHere; 02-24-2020, 12:54 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I gave my deposit around xmas 2019 and I m around 10 light years to have my C8. I sold my lovely C7 in 1 week and now I m crying... and a bit discouraged. I don t think I m gonna make it...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
                              I gave my deposit around xmas 2019 and I m around 10 light years to have my C8. I sold my lovely C7 in 1 week and now I m crying... and a bit discouraged. I don t think I m gonna make it...
                              Maybe not for a 2020, but you will get a 2021 with a little bit more.
                              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                              Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X