MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

My C8 Order Configuration: Request for Feedback Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My C8 Order Configuration: Request for Feedback Please

I have an allocation with Matick Chevrolet and below is how I've configured it. I would like to ask everyone that cares to look it over to provide objective feedback on my choices, not anyone's approval. Not for something like the exterior color I've picked, type of wheels, etc., as that is typically very subjective and based upon one's personal preference. But I am hoping to receive feedback on the various options I've chosen, and how I might have ticked the boxes off better. My C8 will be a daily driver, 10 miles to work and 10 miles back, driven along flat roads and highways here in central Florida. The vehicle will be garaged and not tracked. The only other driving done on the vehicle will be to make the weekly trip to the commissary for the family's groceries. I also plan to have PFF applied, wrapped around the edges, full front, full hood, full side fenders, side mirrors, and side rocker panels. I'm thinking about ceramic coating but I may attempt to apply that myself.

3LT Convertible

Rapid Blue

Tension/­Twilight Blue Dipped, Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated inserts

Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels with machined edge

Front lift with memory

Yellow-painted brake calipers

Performance exhaust

Carbon Flash-painted nacelles and roof - convertible hardtop

High wing spoiler in Carbon Flash Metallic,

Rocker panel extensions in Black

Front and rear splash guards in Black

GT2 bucket seats

Tension Blue seat belt color

Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo

I would like to have the suede wrapped steering wheel, but in doing so it would change the interior type and color to black/gray instead of the two-tone blue I want. Anyway, just asking for objective feedback. I am not asking for anyone's okay on what I'm ordering but looking for things I may have overlooked or a better way to configure the vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a stunning build !!!! If it were me, I would go with the standard calipers with your color choice build, and the Spectra Gray Trident wheels. I'm personally not a fan of the suede wrapped wheel so I'd leave things as you have them regarding the interior.
    3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

PG Country Boy, great order you have put together. As you asked, I would not change your interior to get the suede steering wheel.

The only thing I would suggest for your considering is adding the interior visible carbon fiber. I have seen it and it looks terrific, though clearly not inexpensive.

However having also seen and sat in the two tone blue (what I am also getting) it is so stunning, will anyone notice if you choose not to add the FA5 option? Most will not. But might it be your special sauce?
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Very close to my build except for the interior. I think you have it all covered but I would not get the suede steering wheel if changes the interior. No Z51 package?

Comment

If you access the rear trunk often, it could be somewhat awkward on a 'vert' with the high wing. You will have to access it from the side. May not be a big deal though for you....

Comment

I thought one needed the Z51 package to get the high wing.
            HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards. Museum delivery.
            Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
            Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020

Comment

The high wing is a stand along option for the standard car as shown in the bottom of this OG screen print.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B041463C-F92A-4D29-9F7D-4D1B3AC752DF.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	113483
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Great build. You might consider the carbon flash mirror option to match the high wing spoiler.
                Elkhart Lake Blue, 2LT, Tan interior, & Z51.

Comment

Awesome Spec! +1 on the Carbon Fiber Interior. The only thing to note with the SUEDE wheel is that it'll look great when its new but as it starts to wear and the sweat, dirt and oils transfer from your hands over time it will be not so nice anymore. Just something to consider.
                  2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

I faced the same dilemma with the high-wing - HTC combination. I like the more aggressive look and still do - but ultimately opted to forgo the high-wing since my order is a non-Z51 and the option is an LPO.

I elected to take delivery with no spoiler and see if I feel the same way after seeing/living with it. No harm, no foul if I wished that I had originally ordered it - just bolt it on later.

Conversely, if I ended up thinking that the high-wing interferes with the lines of the car or trunk access after it was already installed, I would have have to deal with the removal of the wing to restore the original look.

Lastly - if you have any doubt, just check out the car before the wing is installed at the dealership and then make the decision at that time. Then again - you may be sold on the wing and not have a doubt - as I did.

Good luck - your build looks awesome!

Red conv w/3LT, black nacelles and roof, black interior with two-tone red seats, front lift, NPP, red calipers, black wheels and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                      Sounds like a stunning build !!!! If it were me, I would go with the standard calipers with your color choice build, and the Spectra Gray Trident wheels. I'm personally not a fan of the suede wrapped wheel so I'd leave things as you have them regarding the interior.
                      Thanks for the suggestions. I may go with the Spectra Gray Trident wheels, but will look at it a bit more to see if I like it over the carbon flash painted ones. I do like the yellow calipers, though. Totally subjective but I just like how that little touch stands out a bit more.

Comment

Adding my $0.02 at your request - I have a similar car on order, and a high-wing C7 ZR1 that I've lived with for almost 2 years now...

My top comment is the high wing. If you want it, by all means get it; but having lived with it on the ZR, you should at least think through "trunk" access.....the C7 has a much higher trunk floor than the C8, and the wing on the ZR is still a challenge....as others have said, you need to load/unload from the side. On the C8, the trunk floor is much deeper, so getting small items from the bottom of the trunk may be a challenge. Again, just think it through....there is no way I would give up the high wing on my ZR.

My only other comment would be the yellow calipers - a matter of personal preference, for I feel they will be somewhat "rare" on a blue car.

One other high level thought - many of your items (high wing, rocker extensions, splash guards) can be purchased through GM after you get your car (possibly at a discount)....it might make sense to hold off until you have the car, and then add them in the future as your taste dictates. You sacrifice the new car warranty on them, but there are not many warranty claims on accessories, and most decent dealers will work with you if there is a problem. This way, you lessen the possibility of any "Buyer's Remorse"

But....as pretty much everyone agrees..."Your car, your choices"...GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          PG Country Boy, great order you have put together. As you asked, I would not change your interior to get the suede steering wheel.

The only thing I would suggest for your considering is adding the interior visible carbon fiber. I have seen it and it looks terrific, though clearly not inexpensive.

However having also seen and sat in the two tone blue (what I am also getting) it is so stunning, will anyone notice if you choose not to add the FA5 option? Most will not. But might it be your special sauce?
                          I think I'll tick that box off. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by tkracing1 View Post
                            Very close to my build except for the interior. I think you have it all covered but I would not get the suede steering wheel if changes the interior. No Z51 package?
                            I have decided against the suede steering wheel. I have that on my '18 ATS-V Championship Edition and can already see the wear. As of the Z51 package, I had not considered it because I don't plan to track the car, point one, and point two, we have nothing but flat long roads here in central Florida. A "twisty" here is taking the curve to an on ramp fast, ha-ha. But I do like the rear spoiler, compared to the high wing and nothingness of the stock build.

Comment

Originally posted by PACARGUY View Post
                              I faced the same dilemma with the high-wing - HTC combination. I like the more aggressive look and still do - but ultimately opted to forgo the high-wing since my order is a non-Z51 and the option is an LPO.

I elected to take delivery with no spoiler and see if I feel the same way after seeing/living with it. No harm, no foul if I wished that I had originally ordered it - just bolt it on later.

Conversely, if I ended up thinking that the high-wing interferes with the lines of the car or trunk access after it was already installed, I would have have to deal with the removal of the wing to restore the original look.

Lastly - if you have any doubt, just check out the car before the wing is installed at the dealership and then make the decision at that time. Then again - you may be sold on the wing and not have a doubt - as I did.

Good luck - your build looks awesome!
                              Thanks for the insights. I failed to take into account that the high wing isn't bolted onto a part of the body that elevates once you open the trunk. Therefore, I would be having to reach up, over, and down into the trunk. Since my son and I put our backpacks in there daily during the week, that could be a hassle. And even more of one when I am trying to have grocery bags put in there. I try to put them in there myself, so I don't have to worry about a bagger at the commissary rubbing up against the back of the car, and scratching the finish with whatever keys, doo-dads, metal belt buckles, jean rivets, etc. I tried to order the rear spoiler that comes with the Z51 package but you can't just order it separately.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X