MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WELCOME Sky’s The Limit Car Care As A MECF Featured Forum Vendor

We are so pleased to announce that Sky’s The Limit Car Care has joined our forum as a supporting vendor. It is a great company with superlative products, e.g., CQuartz & so many additional outstanding products @ https://www.carpro-us.com
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

I need some reassurance from the knowledgeable members here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some reassurance from the knowledgeable members here!

So I finally got word that my order is accepted for a coupe. I have been planning this since the car was revealed in July. For some reason, I have my doubts now on my spartan options and everything, even coupe vs convertible. The plan is to use this car in the rotation for daily drivers and really no tracking. I will flip it when the next faster version is available, so this is a short term car. Lots of driving though. I chose torch red with red interior (have to have that interior) and only performance exhaust as the lone option. Cheap car, but I wonder about seeing out of the back and maybe 2LT trim is better. But I want to stay cheap. Convertible sounds good too, but I rarely put the top down. So many decisions...I can’t believe how indecisive I feel now.

2 LT is minimum IMO
    2020 C8 Corvette ....... VIN L5100026
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

I need some reassurance from the knowledgeable members here! .... "I can’t believe how indecisive I feel now."

Don't have any reassurance here. Apparently a lot of things you need to consider. Try multi-attribute decision analysis.

Comment

Every C8 including those without a single option, will be a phenomenal car to drive, to look at, to smile while thinking about it. The experience of owning one will be truly life changing for many.

Again, one can not go wrong in buying a $59,995 C8!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

short term car = minimize investment. 1LT with NPP is a good choice.
          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

I would follow your original imstincts. The best value out there is a standard stingray.

A great grand touring sports car and since the average cuv costs about 60 grand...you are rocking a world class sports car capable of 11 second quarter mile times, zero to 60 mph in 3 flat and has a top speed of 190 mph..

fwiw i went to carlisle after 20 years of corvette ownership in 1 and 2 LT trims. I thought the 1 lt black c8 was in fact the 2Lt. I couldnt tell the difference between nappa and mulan leather either.

at 60 years old I dig the seat heaters in my wifes alfa coming home from the gym etc...but hey not for 7300 dollars.

All the rest of the various luxury items in the 2 LT rock but its not my thing..Im into driving a smoking hot sports car.

im old enough to remember my long gone dad back in the 1960s and 1970s having sports cars without ac ...so if I have AC electric windows and locks...im living the good life....just how I roll.

the 1LT is not a stripper model.its actually very nice inside. Only corvette freaks would know its not a higher interior package car.

if you have to have heaters to be happy then buy the 2 lt. For me its not a deal breaker ..

if it was 400 dollars Id buy them. The 2LT is a fantastic grouping of features.. i just dont care enough to spend 7300 ...i live a life of luxury. I dont need it in my sports car. I want my sports car to be a sports car so I went with the z51 fe4 ..

since you mever plan to ever track the car you dont need the extra cooling capacity of the z51 package.

i dont think anyone can tell .99 lateral g s to 1.09 lateral g’s and if you do...you can always buy the z51 sway bars for a couple of hundred dollars installed....but I wouldnt bother..you could also always put on a set of sticky rubber too.

the dofferences are extremely minor.

spend the 62 grand...get yourself acquainted with the car and then decide if you want or need more speed with the z06 model...

i doubt it but hey you jever know..

btw zero to sixty in 3 flat is quicker than the 200 or 300 grand lamborghini huracan evo rwd...

FOR 62 grand!

I think your smart.

have fun...

Attached Files
            Last edited by JB; 02-15-2020, 09:32 AM.
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Since you plan to trade it later, 1LT is a good choice because the depreciation should be less.

Comment

Look at must have features since this is a daily driver, choose options that will help you during your commute. My daily drivers is an SUV and I prefer loaded up versions & forgo the company car and take the allowance instead. My C8 Z will be a toy and I will be getting a Z06 later since I am number 1 on the list. People the new Z is not starting production til September of 2021 as a 2022 model. Look how late the Base cars are hitting no way they revel the Z this year it’s a reveal in 21.

My point features matter when you are living with the car daily, I still chosen a happy medium so I purchased a 2LT & Kept the total under 80k. This will reduce some of my lose when I flip it into another vehicle and I still get to enjoy all those features that matter to me. I am buying this car to enjoy it and even though I am frugal, this is my only excess in life so I say What the _.
                Last edited by Fasttoys; 02-15-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all for the sage advice. Very helpful as usual. I will stick with my original fantastic car and save the big spending for the Z06 whenever that is released. This is my first base corvette (I have had 5 others) and this is the first time ordering one and paying full MSRP. New experiences all around!

Comment

2LT is an insurance policy of sorts with the safety stuff and read mirror.

Comment

Since this is a short term vehicle, the fewer the options, the less depreciation you will have. The convertible will set you back more money. The only thing I was wondering, is if you will be satisfied with the no optioned base car.

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
                        Since this is a short term vehicle, the fewer the options, the less depreciation you will have. The convertible will set you back more money. The only thing I was wondering, is if you will be satisfied with the no optioned base car.
                        Fair point on the “no options”. My current Z06 is a no option car (I know it has MR shocks and heads up display standard) and I haven’t really thought it needed more. Different layout, with the engine in front, but still...

The only thing I may regret is the lack of a camera mirror in traffic. I’m sure I can deal with it by accelerating into a perceived opening when I change lanes

Comment

LIFE IS SHORT..... FOLLOW YOUR HEART! (You're going to be dead for a long time.)

Comment

Originally posted by 23skinguy View Post
                            So I finally got word that my order is accepted for a coupe. I have been planning this since the car was revealed in July. For some reason, I have my doubts now on my spartan options and everything, even coupe vs convertible. The plan is to use this car in the rotation for daily drivers and really no tracking. I will flip it when the next faster version is available, so this is a short term car. Lots of driving though. I chose torch red with red interior (have to have that interior) and only performance exhaust as the lone option. Cheap car, but I wonder about seeing out of the back and maybe 2LT trim is better. But I want to stay cheap. Convertible sounds good too, but I rarely put the top down. So many decisions...I can’t believe how indecisive I feel now.
                            I'm going to expand on my earlier advice that IMO 2LT is minimum.

There's a long list of features that come with 2LT - The HUD and rear vision camera system being only 2. Have a good review and understanding of all the features. Possibly in a year or two some of the current 2LT features will migrate to 1LT, making a 2020 1LT even more of an orphan.

Perhape more importantly, is your intention to flip the car after a year or so. In my part of the world, 1LT cars are a hard sell. My dealer never orders anything other than 2LT for stock. The only C7's left on the market here are 1LT's, so they've been sitting for months unsold and with big discounts.

Includes most of the standard content on the 1LT, plus:
                            • Full color head-up display.
                            • Power lumbar and wing seat adjustment.
                            • Wireless phone charging1 .
                            • Heated and ventilated seats.
                            • Heated steering wheel.
                            • Bose 14-speaker Performance Series audio system.
                            • Navigation with traffic.
                            • Performance Data Recorder.
                            • Universal Home Remote.
                            • Power folding mirrors.
                            • Rear Camera Mirror1 with auto-dimming.
                            • Driver and passenger side Seat memory package.
                            • Front Curb View Camera1 .
                            • SiriusXM Satellite Radio with one-year subscription.
                            • Side Blind Zone Alert1 .
                            • Rear Cross Traffic Alert1 .
                            • Advanced theft deterrent system.
                            • Parcel nets
                            Last edited by Bikerjulio; 02-17-2020, 11:47 AM.
                            2020 C8 Corvette ....... VIN L5100026
                            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                            2LT, Z51 + MRC
                            Spectra Grey Tridents
                            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X