MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WELCOME Sky’s The Limit Car Care As A MECF Featured Forum Vendor

We are so pleased to announce that Sky’s The Limit Car Care has joined our forum as a supporting vendor. It is a great company with superlative products, e.g., CQuartz & so many additional outstanding products @ https://www.carpro-us.com
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Options cost include installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options cost include installation?

Can you tell me if the options installed by the dealer include installation cost (by exemple, the high wing spoiler...)?

Ones ordered at the same time as the car, yes. If bought over the parts counter, not sure but I don't think so.

Comment

Klinn’s post is spot on.

For example my original order contained the high wing. When my car arrives at the dealership, at no extra cost during the PDI they will remove the Z51 spoiler and install the high wing without any installation cost. They will then hand me the Z51 spoiler at no charge.

If however I were to walk up to the parts counter a month after my C8 arrived, and at that time ordered the high wing, it is not probable that the dealership would install it without a charge.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

another wrinkle is the price you can get by buying the part itself is usually quite a bit cheaper than if you buy it with your car, so it is almost like the installation cost is built in to the option cost. If you are handy you can save money this way. Especially if it is items like the mirror covers, where you not only get the part cheaper but you have the original mirror covers, which you can then sell. If you order them on the car, they not only cost more, you dont get the body color ones. For LPO items, you do get the original though.

Comment

Originally posted by z8ra View Post
          another wrinkle is the price you can get by buying the part itself is usually quite a bit cheaper than if you buy it with your car, so it is almost like the installation cost is built in to the option cost.
          Yes. An example is the splash guards at $250 when ordered with the car vs much less in "secondary" market. Thats fine with me. I ordered them with the car. Its convenient as they will do the installation when the car arrives before I pick it up. Besides, my dealer has a new policy on installing splash guards provided by the customer. Apparently they have had problems with items provided by the customer and won't do that anymore.

Comment

I ordered the pewter wheels with the C8. The dealer will be installing them when GM delivers to their dealership. From what I am reading this installation is at no charge. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobfred44 View Post
              I ordered the pewter wheels with the C8. The dealer will be installing them when GM delivers to their dealership. From what I am reading this installation is at no charge. Is that correct?

They should put those beautiful pewter wheels on at delivery at no charge and give you the silver painted ones to take home ...they are both yours...

they werent inexpensive but they are beautiful and a luxury to have them on your c8 as you drive out of the showroom floor in a concept car beauty from head to toe. That was literally the designers bonus for creating the c8...that zeus bronze with pewter wheels and natural interior being brought to production was a gift by top corvette management to the designers...(seeing their complete dream brought to production) IMO

thats very rarely done in the industry...(i can only tell you at carlisle under the tent for two days I was there...that was the color combo that wowed the crowds among 8 c8 examples...that was the one ..my hats off to you for having the vision of having a designers favorite concept brought to life...

i dont mean to be rude so bear with me...i swear I saw wives practically having the big O as they were stating how this was the exact model to get over and over again with hundreds of people. I watched the crowds surround the perfect color combination of that vehicle with pewter wheels...and there were 7 other c8 s there...that were looked at as well..but not like the one with the color combo right from the factory...

sure you could powder coat the oem wheels for 700 locally without buying the pewter wheels directly at the time of purchase....but homestly do you want to waste your time..las its a little bit of a hassle...

if you plan on daily driving the c8 ..you may want to keep the oem silver rims to have done up exactly in pewter in case one gets curbed...painted just like your existing rims.....

Having those pewter rims as you roll out in your new c8 ....thats a wonderful luxury transcends the pain the @$$ ...nonsense later on...that you dont want to deal with...(as my delivery is coming closer and closer Im like Im not bothering to powdercoat my oem silver rims for black once I get my torch red c8...could take me years to get motivated to do that)

Your c8 is going to be a superstar from day one.

feel great about your decision my friend to go all the way to the designers favorite right from day one...

i know I can go on and on about your choice yet its only because I love when the designers get to offer their vision in production form from head management...

thats a very special choice you made and you are to be applauded for your vision of choosing such a beauty..l

When you go to pick up your c8 ...you are not the man who knows the man...you are the man!

Thank you for chosing such a vehicle..

i dont know how long that color combo will be available but I wouldnt be surprised to see many ferrari owners pick that combo..its very sophisticated and extremely elegant...

if we ever met in person im buying the first round.
              Last edited by JB; 02-14-2020, 09:26 AM.
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

They should put those beautiful pewter wheels on at delivery at no charge and give you the silver painted ones to take home ...they are both yours...

they werent inexpensive but they are beautiful and a luxury to have them on your c8 as you drive out of the showroom floor in a concept car beauty from head to toe. That was literally the designers bonus for creating the c8...that zeus bronze with pewter wheels and natural interior being brought to production was a gift by top corvette management to the designers...(seeing their complete dream brought to production) IMO

thats very rarely done in the industry...(i can only tell you at carlisle under the tent for two days I was there...that was the color combo that wowed the crowds among 8 c8 examples...that was the one ..my hats off to you for having the vision of having a designers favorite concept brought to life...

i dont mean to be rude so bear with me...i swear I saw wives practically having the big O as they were stating how this was the exact model to get over and over again with hundreds of people. I watched the crowds surround the perfect color combination of that vehicle with pewter wheels...and there were 7 other c8 s there...that were looked at as well..but not like the one with the color combo right from the factory...

sure you could powder coat the oem wheels for 700 locally without buying the pewter wheels directly at the time of purchase....but homestly do you want to waste your time..las its a little bit of a hassle...

if you plan on daily driving the c8 ..you may want to keep the oem silver rims to have done up exactly in pewter in case one gets curbed...painted just like your existing rims.....

Having those pewter rims as you roll out in your new c8 ....thats a wonderful luxury transcends the pain the @$$ ...nonsense later on...that you dont want to deal with...(as my delivery is coming closer and closer Im like Im not bothering to powdercoat my oem silver rims for black once I get my torch red c8...could take me years to get motivated to do that)

Your c8 is going to be a superstar from day one.

feel great about your decision my friend to go all the way to the designers favorite right from day one...

i know I can go on and on about your choice yet its only because I love when the designers get to offer their vision in production form from head management...

thats a very special choice you made and you are to be applauded for your vision of choosing such a beauty..l

When you go to pick up your c8 ...you are not the man who knows the man...you are the man!

Thank you for chosing such a vehicle..

i dont know how long that color combo will be available but I wouldnt be surprised to see many ferrari owners pick that combo..its very sophisticated and extremely elegant...

if we ever met in person im buying the first round.
                Thanks for your kind words on the ZB. If we meet I will take you on the first round as long as round two is on me.

Comment

On another note, when you order the option with your car and it's installed by the dealership it's covered by the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty......for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Halo View Post
                    On another note, when you order the option with your car and it's installed by the dealership it's covered by the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty......for what it's worth.
                    Good point!

All the rear fascia must be removed to install the high wing spoiler. Maybe it s a good thing that the job is covered for three years...

Comment

Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
                      All the rear fascia must be removed to install the high wing spoiler
                      Are you sure about that? I would have thought they could access it by removing the trunk liner since the fascia lip it mounts to is right behind it?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X