MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Today’s “Corvette Today” Podcast

Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance.  Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster.  All this for about the same cost as a "big box" insurance company. OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company.  Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Excessive Use of the Visualizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Use of the Visualizer

As I patiently wait for my C8 HCT, I find myself going to the online visualizer almost every day, building my car in the visualizer, and then spending several minutes rotating it and enjoying it from almost every angle. Then I take the top down and do it again.
    Is this aberrant behavior? I can't seem to help myself.
    C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
    As I patiently wait for my C8 HCT, I find myself going to the online visualizer almost every day, building my car in the visualizer, and then spending several minutes rotating it and enjoying it from almost every angle. Then I take the top down and do it again.
    I did it once and took a photo of the car from every angle. Then you can stare all you want without going online. Funny, I even have an app on my computer that will create GIFs from photos, but I'd rather wait for the real thing.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

That's pretty normal, You can always go the extra step and have it blown up into a poster and put it in your garage.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

OC8D. Obsessive C 8 Disease. Why fight it. It has afflicted so many. Far, far better than so many other diseases.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

I did it once and took a photo of the car from every angle. Then you can stare all you want without going online. Funny, I even have an app on my computer that will create GIFs from photos, but I'd rather wait for the real thing.
          I get that.. But I do actually find it enjoyable selecting all the options and kind of building it, then admiring it.
          C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

Haha! Same! I told my dealer I’d sit in front of the dealership and run the top up and down for a few hours if he’d move me up his list... Kidding of course, or am I?... (yes, I’m kidding 😊)
            Last edited by First Vette; 02-13-2020, 01:33 PM.
            2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

I have built my car several times, changing colors, wheels, etc. Usually come back to the same place.

Comment

I just love it and watching the top go up and down. Got the message today my order is going in at McMulkin. Very excited
                2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  OC8D. Obsessive C 8 Disease. Why fight it. It has afflicted so many. Far, far better than so many other diseases.
                  True. This thread is like an OC8D Support Group meeting. It is good to have friends. My name is NUMBER8 and I am a OC8DLIC...
                  HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards. Museum delivery.
                  Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
                  Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020

Comment

Are you doing it in secrecy and hiding it from others? Is it negatively impacting your personal and/or professional relationships? Is the family cat shaking its head and walking out of the room when you get online or giggling about it with other neighborhood cats?

These might be red flags of a developing problem. Perhaps GM will supply the concierge with information about any available certified C8 therapists? 2021 colors/options and/or Z06 added to it might result in a pandemic.

Comment

Is this aberrant behavior?
                      Only if you make too many vroom-vroom noises.

Comment

I have saved the build many times and have sent it to my kids many times. Lately they have e-mailed their mom and told her to seek help for their dad(me)!!!! They just don’t understand.

Comment

I build cars on the configurator I can't possibly afford! That way, I won't change my order over and over and over. I do go back to the one I have ordered. Hey it still looks like the others! I find demented comfort in that.

Comment

The only cure is accelerated allocations...

Comment

If there were a 15 yard penalty for each extra build on the configurator I would be approaching the coast of Africa by now!
                              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X