MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Front End Clearance - Do We Need the Front Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Front End Clearance - Do We Need the Front Lift?

I have initially checked off the Front Lift with Memory on my configuration, but now I'm questioning that. Do I really need it? What is the height from the bottom of the front lip to the ground? There are very few places I drive here in central Florida where there are steep parking ramps and aprons. I previously owned other cars, such as the C7 Grand Sport, and didn't have a problem with clearance on that, nor a couple of GT-R's, Lotus Evora 400, or Maserati Granturismo. To me I would be more concerned about pulling into parking spaces and hitting the curbstone because it is higher than the bottom of the vehicle. Hopefully the front camera will provide of view of that?

Its your utility function. Will spending that money give you the peace of mind having the front end lift? Will you regret not having it if you ever scrape your front splitter?

Comment

It is on my build for convenience. While you can find ways to make it into parking lots the front lift will make accessibility easier. I expect my better half to spend alot of time driving the C8 and it makes her feel better too. IMO a must with the big carbon splitter.
      Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

All 2LT and 3LT’s have, standard, front fascia downward angle cameras. They provide a fantastic view view of the space immediately immediately before the front of your car, are a fantastic way to avoid hitting those concrete end of space barriers/curbs/sidewalks edges.

The cameras are not tied into the braking system, so drivers much still use their brains to avoid hitting what is clearly displayed on their center IP stack.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I had the same decision to make awhile back.... we went WITHOUT the front end lift. I figured the 11 previous Vettes never had an issue and I'm just used to crawling over speed bumps, even in our Honda Pilot SUV, so we went without it. I DO always use the front view cameras for parking 100% of the time anywhere that has a parking stop, or curb in front of the car. GREAT feature.
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

The front end lift costs $500 less than the visible carbon fiber front splitter (GM pricing). Knowing someone who installed three different splitters on his C7, the math was there for me. Also, we could not get our lowered C7 Z06 get into several local restaurants we like nor into some other places due to driveway apron slope. Road trips to places we were heading to, resulted in more than a few “plan B” changes due to road dips and steep aprons. Couple those things with speed bumps and our decision to get E60 was clear.

While the initial options chosen break down in another current thread was not scientific for so many reasons, an 80% take rate on E60 could effect the re-sale or perhaps even trade in on a C8 down the road.

As always each of our circumstances are different.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Never had a clearance issue with my C7 so no lift on my C8.
              2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
              3000 status : TPW not known until 2 weeks prior to build 😬
              2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; R8C

Comment

Originally posted by BYBY4RE View Post
                It is on my build for convenience. While you can find ways to make it into parking lots the front lift will make accessibility easier. I expect my better half to spend alot of time driving the C8 and it makes her feel better too. IMO a must with the big carbon splitter.
                Similar with me.
                There are a couple of places we travel to where we'd hit so what the heck.
                Also, my wife made me. (Did I say that out loud?)
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

It's on my order also. It's like insurance, you don't need it till you need it, and then your thankful you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
                    It's on my order also. It's like insurance, you don't need it till you need it, and then your thankful you have it.
                    Or a backup generator for your house.😁

Comment

Originally posted by PG County Boy View Post
                      There are very few places I drive here in central Florida where there are steep parking ramps and aprons.
                      Same here on the eastern shore of MD pretty flat like FL. Haven't had probs with my C7 so I did not opt for the lift for my C8.

Comment

John has an early delivery, wants to lower his car and has the e60 z51 fe4 options.

i still dont understand why the front suspension of the z51 fe4 e60 option can not be lowered.

isnt the adjustability on the lower portion of the front suspension...?

john or anybody else who gets a e60 z51 fe4 c8 will you please check to see if the front end can be lowered say a half or full inch.

Thanks in advance.

Until I get an answer Im ordering z51 fe4 but not E60 ...quarter of a million miles in 3 corvettes and I only needed a front end lift system once so far...

had I been going under 5 mph it would have been a non issue...I was in a 25 mph zone following a cuv and didnt see the 10 mph speed table that had been recently installed...so BAM ...

but other than that I have never needed it. Now that I know the 10 mph speed table is installed...if I go five mph...no problem..

i jist would like to know how E60 makes it so the ride height cant be lowered on a z51 fe4 car...

the top of the tower i dont think its wear it adjusts.

i look forward to someone trying to lower the front end on a z51 fe4 car they take possession of.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          ..I was in a 25 mph zone following a cuv and didn't see the 10 mph speed table that had been recently installed...so BAM ...
                          That would have happened to you anyway. We don't need the lift. If we know the hazard zones, which we do, we adjust for them. But as someone else stated it's insurance for some of us. We are getting it because my wife doesn't like to think when she's driving! (She's reading over my shoulder isn't she! DOH!)
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Circumstances can change. When our ordered was submitted/accepted last September, we included E60. Months later we decided to move (after 31 years) and our new location requires E60 every time getting into and out of our driveway (no room to 45 degree it, and it has a steep, rolled gutter curb (so much so that we might need to remove our splitter from out WRX daily driver with its greater ground clearance).

Many will never need it. We however are so glad we Included E60.

Comment

I am happy to spend the additional money for the lift. There were places that I scrapped my splitter on my C7, no matter how slow I drove. This is one option I didn't want to regret not ordering. Sought of the could've, should've, would've syndrome

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X