MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

What happend if I m next... for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happend if I m next... for next year?

Actually I m the fifth allocation on 4... the dealler already received 3 and a fourth one will be in the next few weeks. Can you tell me if my allocation have a chance to be when they will start to build the 2021 model in september (or so...) or the next allocation will be after a full year of production in the spring 2021?

Thanks for your help

Sorry that we do not know, nor even does GM control, dealer internal policies. You would need to discuss what is your dealerships policy about carrying over your allocation as the first 2020 that they could place becoming the first 2021 they match with their first 2021 allocation. We sure hope they do that for you.

Does the dealer know for sure that they will not get another 2020 allocation in March or April?

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Sorry that we do not know, nor even does GM control, dealer internal policies. You would need to discuss what is your dealerships policy about carrying over your allocation as the first 2020 that they could place becoming the first 2021 they match with their first 2021 allocation. We sure hope they do that for you.

Does the dealer know for sure that they will not get another 2020 allocation in March or April?
      Hi John

Thanks for your answer.

We never know...?

He just said that is possible but he also asked us to hope but not more than that...

have a nice week end

Comment

Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
        Actually I m the fifth allocation on 4... the dealler already received 3 and a fourth one will be in the next few weeks. Can you tell me if my allocation have a chance to be when they will start to build the 2021 model in september (or so...) or the next allocation will be after a full year of production in the spring 2021?

Thanks for your help
        If what you're asking is "will the 2021 model year start in September, or not until 2021?", all indications are that GM will end 2020 production on its normal schedule (making 2020 a short model year) and begin selling 2021 models in the fall of 2020. Assuming your dealer gets 2021 allocations, you shouldn't have to wait until 2021 to get your car.

But you should talk to your dealer to make sure they will put you at the front of the 2021 reservation list. GM won't have any way to affect that.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

If what you're asking is "will the 2021 model year start in September, or not until 2021?", all indications are that GM will end 2020 production on its normal schedule (making 2020 a short model year) and begin selling 2021 models in the fall of 2020. Assuming your dealer gets 2021 allocations, you shouldn't have to wait until 2021 to get your car.

But you should talk to your dealer to make sure they will put you at the front of the 2021 reservation list. GM won't have any way to affect that.
          I ll call him today. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

1. So are we getting indications that March and April C8 allocations are the last for the 2020 MY? My dealer had heard this rumor via other dealers.

2. Can dealers start entering 1000 status orders now for 2021 MY? Seems early, I know that info is useful for GM, but not familiar with that process. (I realize some dealers won’t do this even if they could).

3. I have heard that info about the 2021 MY will likely come out from GM at the NCM Bash in late April?

TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X