MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

February Consensus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patter88 View Post

Quick stats on the current Kerbeck order list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kerbeck 021420-1.png
Views:	268
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	112951

Name:	Kerbeck 021420-2.png
Views:	258
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	112952

Name:	Kerbeck 021420-3.png
Views:	255
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	112950
    I have never seen car sales plotted on a Bode Plot before - there must be some J-Omega Electrical Engineering types at Kerbeck or lurking on this website, LOL !! You know, those are the dirty dudes who broke the curve in my Calculus and Differential Equation classes !!!

Comment

• BTW, my order is ready and will go in next week. I got the printout of the order from ELCO today. It is marked "Order Type SRE - Retail Sold", so my baby will be in Kai Spande's capable hands soon ! Wooo-Hooo !!

See youse major dudes in Bowling Green in April at the BASH !!

Comment

• Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post

I have never seen car sales plotted on a Bode Plot before - there must be some J-Omega Electrical Engineering types at Kerbeck or lurking on this website, LOL !! You know, those are the dirty dudes who broke the curve in my Calculus and Differential Equation classes !!!
        I aborted engineering and went to the business school before I got that far. I have no idea what that last graph is! Lol!
        2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

• Amazed at the differences in dealers. On one end of the spectrum, buyers are contacted in a timely fashion, updated regularly and all kinds of charts and graphs are available to see who is where and what they ordered. On the other end, a black hole of of non-existent nothingness as if their C8 buyers aren’t even C8 buyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Vette View Post

I aborted engineering and went to the business school before I got that far. I have no idea what that last graph is! Lol!
            Ok, here is how you read it. Each car is a fraction of a degree (EE's call this the phase). Each sales price is the distance from the center (EE's call this amplitude). Like a clock face the lowest price car is plotted at 12:00 noon. The next car plotted at 12:01 (or thereabouts). You just keep adding cars around the clock until you get back to 12:00 midnight.

Bode plots are a useful way to plot complex electrical impedance like you see with a reactive load like a loudspeaker, (RLC), because you can show both the phase and the amplitude of the load on one plot.

Comment

Ok, here is how you read it. Each car is a fraction of a degree (EE's call this the phase). Each sales price is the distance from the center (EE's call this amplitude). Like a clock face the lowest price car is plotted at 12:00 noon. The next car plotted at 12:01 (or thereabouts). You just keep adding cars around the clock until you get back to 12:00 midnight.

Bode plots are a useful way to plot complex electrical impedance like you see with a reactive load like a loudspeaker, (RLC), because you can show both the phase and the amplitude of the load on one plot.
              Thanks for the explanation! Many moons ago, I was an Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) in the USAF. I remember the terms "phase", "amplitude", and "impedance" from training, but certainly not in the context of a Bode Plot. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!
              2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Yep... can't hide now. Yes I'm an engineer and I simply downloaded the data from Kerbeck's site into MS-Excel out of curiosity. The Bode (Radar) Plot allows one to see at a glance the distribution of pricing and disparity between pricing groups... such as 60K, 70K, 80K, etc.
                G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

• Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                  Amazed at the differences in dealers. On one end of the spectrum, buyers are contacted in a timely fashion, updated regularly and all kinds of charts and graphs are available to see who is where and what they ordered. On the other end, a black hole of of non-existent nothingness as if their C8 buyers aren’t even C8 buyers.
                  I did this on my own out of curiosity by downloading the data from the Kerbeck site into MS-Excel. I'm like you and have my C8 on order from a smaller dealer waiting to move off of Status 1100.
                  G9F Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic; 2LT; Adrenaline Red interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 Front Lift; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; Black Rocker Panel Extensions

Comment

• Originally posted by First Vette View Post

Thanks for the explanation! Many moons ago, I was an Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) in the USAF. I remember the terms "phase", "amplitude", and "impedance" from training, but certainly not in the context of a Bode Plot. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!
                    First Vette...Many years ago I was also a USAF E-Dub and I don’t understand it either. All I know is I am still at 1100....

Comment

• Originally posted by EL VIEJO View Post

First Vette...Many years ago I was also a USAF E-Dub and I don’t understand it either. All I know is I am still at 1100....
                      Every little blue circle represents a price someone paid for their C8. The take-away is that very few spent less than $70K or more than about $95K and the majority are in the band between $80K and $90K. Think of each band like rings on a bullseye chart with the dead center starting at $50K and increasing $10K with each band radiating outward from the center. There are multiple ways to present this data, I just thought this "radar" (Bode) plot was a fun way to show a lot of data at a glance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patter88 View Post

Yep... can't hide now. Yes I'm an engineer and I simply downloaded the data from Kerbeck's site into MS-Excel out of curiosity. The Bode (Radar) Plot allows one to see at a glance the distribution of pricing and disparity between pricing groups... such as 60K, 70K, 80K, etc.
                        I bet you aced Calculus too !! I did pretty well in math until I hit Complex Variables, and Partial Differential Equations. My 4.0 in math went to 3.0 in one year, LOL.

Back in the 1970's, the Professors expected everybody to be able to find exact solutions for these problems. It wasn't too much later that numerical methods took over and saved a lot of engineers who stumbled on "integration-by-parts" and other 12-dimensional algebraic moves to solve these problems.

Comment

• Thank you very much Patter88 for explaining it so us non genius can understand. I do understand it now thanks to you.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                            Thank you very much Patter88 for explaining it so us non genius can understand. I do understand it now thanks to you.
                            You, know, John. The ME Corvette Forum has managed to attract some of the nicest people in the Corvette universe. I learn something new here everyday.

Congratulations on a terrific project.....the competition for Web Blogs is pretty tough these days, but you guys have hit it out of the park on this one. I rarely, if ever, visit the other Corvette-themed forums these days. Everything I need to know is right here.

Comment

You, know, John. The ME Corvette Forum has managed to attract some of the nicest people in the Corvette universe. I learn something new here everyday.

Congratulations on a terrific project.....the competition for Web Blogs is pretty tough these days, but you guys have hit it out of the park on this one. I rarely, if ever, visit the other Corvette-themed forums these days. Everything I need to know is right here.
                              EXACTLY!! WHAT HE SAID IN SPADES!!!!!!

I might add that this forum has attracted some of the smartest people across varied interests who are willing to share their knowledge and life experiences in a humane and encouraging manner. It could be an engineering treatise in one post and a humorous anecdote in the next. There are many days that I have to explain in detail what I learned to my wife on the forum that day, or relate to her the elation when a member "gets the call".

Thanks John and the other form founders for such an interesting and informative ride so far, and I'm still in my Lazy-Boy till the C8 arrives!

The twisty back roads of NH's Monadnock Region surrounding my hometown wait patiently for our Torch Red HTC, Z51 & MRC equipped (to smooth out the leftover Frost Heaves), to come cruising after a Springtime Museum Delivery. A 55 year dream come true.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Kerbeck1.png
Views:	141
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	113673 Here is an updated plot from the Kerbeck data set... I broke out into three plots for 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. Of course the base prices all start differently but it is interesting to see how far folks option-out each trim level.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X