MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

February Consensus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George369 View Post

Contact Corvette Concierge 866-424-3892 to get info on your order. That’s how I found out about the extended 1st quarter allocations thru February, before my dealer did. This Thursday 2/6, is when they fined out about their February allocations, as they will get pulled on 2/20.
    You need an order number. DavidM doesn't have one.
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

You need an order number. DavidM doesn't have one.
      Good point, he would need to get that from his dealer...Have him e-mail your order to you.
      2020 C8 - Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4: Mag Ride, 3LT: Natural Interrior, E60: front lift, Q8S: Machined faced trident spoke wheels, RCC: Red engine cover, ZZ3: Engine appearance package, J6N: Edge red calipers, CC3: Transparent roof

Powell, Ohio

Comment

I don't have an order number. My dealer won't enter an order into Workbench until they get an allocation to place it against. I think they are screwing up but can't seem to change their mind on it.

Comment

Fwiw...i placed my reservation in may 2019 and my very reputable dealer stated he does not enter orders in until my file number comes up.

David. I cant say anything about when you will get your order input but I can say it has little value until it can be ordered by your dealer.

my dealer stated he does not input orders to 1100 status because after decades of selling specifically corvettes it minimizes errors in ordering at the time the final order goes in and I believe him.

i do NOT have an order number either and I only have a file number to determine where I stand in his order process.

david you know what number in the field of buyers from your dealer.

i dont know your dealer but I would suggest you and I are in a similar situation.

they input our order when our file number comes up.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
            I don't have an order number. My dealer won't enter an order into Workbench until they get an allocation to place it against. I think they are screwing up but can't seem to change their mind on it.
            Most dealers do not input orders unless they have a specific allocation to match it up against. Reason: As noted above, the amount of customer changes in color, options, even coupe vs HTC between initial order placement (for those dealers who used to early enter orders) and the start of an official consensus. I know in my own order, between the reveal and my actual order placement I made at least twenty changes, and even when my dealer entered mine days before the actual consensus was about to start and what my order is now, there were another four changes that I requested. Those four changes on my part when added to the rest of his customer changes (and again he does not early enter orders), created tons of extra work for that dealership, for it is not only the salesperson but most often the Sales Manager who must also get involved in all changes after a consensus starts.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks guys. That helps. I have made a few changes, mainly due to options becoming available to order but I did switch from 1LT to 2 LT. I will keep waiting and hoping.

Comment

Talked to ELCO today - they do not enter orders until after the consensus updates their allocation. They anticipate the next batch going in Feb., just as George pointed out. Should get mine in with this round. I think they are a little hesitant because of all the changes in the allocation and production schedules to date - they don't want to make any promises they can't keep.

Comment

I received an order # from day one (Sep 19) with the SRE & SLL Codes listed on the order. I have called CC and discussed my build and options and they have been able to look at my choices. I have made “several” changes to my order over time including yesterday (keep adding stuff). My dealership is small and they have made all the changes. I have now moved up to #3 on their list. Fingers crossed for Feb or Mar.

Comment

I’m a lil ignorant to the “consensus” my dealer told me my car would be produced 2/9. Is this changing ? I plan to call him to confirm but any inside info would be helpful

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Most dealers do not input orders unless they have a specific allocation to match it up against. Reason: As noted above, the amount of customer changes in color, options, even coupe vs HTC between initial order placement (for those dealers who used to early enter orders) and the start of an official consensus. I know in my own order, between the reveal and my actual order placement I made at least twenty changes, and even when my dealer entered mine days before the actual consensus was about to start and what my order is now, there were another four changes that I requested. Those four changes on my part when added to the rest of his customer changes (and again he does not early enter orders), created tons of extra work for that dealership, for it is not only the salesperson but most often the Sales Manager who must also get involved in all changes after a consensus starts.
                      Hi John,
                      Dealers are very different from one another.
                      My small dealer (only 4 allocations) strongly insisted that I get an order in asap when I went to see them for the first time in August.
                      He felt that he would not get allocations until he had orders in at event code 1100.
                      He tried again & again to put one in but couldn't.
                      Then he said "Well I guess we will just have to wait until GM lets us put one in".
                      I said "Let's try once more" & I went through it with him.
                      When it came to Order Type, he had "Retail Stock" so I mentioned we need to change that to "SRE Retail Sold".
                      We did that and the order went in right away as event code 1100.
                      He strongly encouraged me to come in anytime if I changed my mind on options, etc, as it was very easy and quick to change anything.
                      If we had not changed that to "Retail Sold", today I would still have an order in at event code 1100, waiting for an allocation because I don't think GM is accepting any "Retail Stock" orders yet, but of course I could be wrong about that.
                      Instead, my TPW is March 2nd and will probably get my C8 in April.
                      I went back to my dealer on Dec 16th to make a couple of changes (new options now available) and he said "We'll just cancel this original order and make a new one".
                      We did that and it went to event code 2000 3 days later.
                      This dealer is only getting 4 allocations and 3 of those were matched on Dec 19th to orders that were created between Dec 16th and 19th.

Is it possible that some dealers only have "Retail Stock" orders entered on purpose?
                      That way, they could get cars on their lot and probably get over MSRP and thus make more money on the sale?

Oh and BTW John, we can't say this often enough how much we appreciate the tremendous effort you put into this forum.
                      We are all so lucky to be able to benefit from your knowledge and wisdom!
                      Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Neil H View Post

Oh and BTW John, we can't say this often enough how much we appreciate the tremendous effort you put into this forum.
                        We are all so lucky to be able to benefit from your knowledge and wisdom!
                        Thank you, thank you, thank you!
                        I could not agree more. This place that John and others created, is a Gold mine of information. Thank You
                        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Has anyone heard anything on today's consensus?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                            Has anyone heard anything on today's consensus?
                            Good news from my dealer, he just e-mailed me as he received his allocation for my order this morning, and will be picked up on the 2/20 by GM. Hard to believe I placed the order back in July, and it finally gets accepted in February. Oh well, better late than never. 😊😊😊
                            2020 C8 - Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4: Mag Ride, 3LT: Natural Interrior, E60: front lift, Q8S: Machined faced trident spoke wheels, RCC: Red engine cover, ZZ3: Engine appearance package, J6N: Edge red calipers, CC3: Transparent roof

Powell, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by George369 View Post

Good news from my dealer, he just e-mailed me as he received his allocation for my order this morning, and will be picked up on the 2/20 by GM. Hard to believe I placed the order back in July, and it finally gets accepted in February. Oh well, better late than never. 😊😊😊
                              Hey George, were these new allocations or a fulfilled first quarter allocation?
                              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                              Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Hey George, were these new allocations or a fulfilled first quarter allocation?
                                Fulfillment of the 1st quarters allocation

Powell, Ohio

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X