MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Shorter 2020 C8 Run Could Be Positive For Some

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter 2020 C8 Run Could Be Positive For Some

We have seen more than a few posting their unhappiness that the shorter 2020 model year will result in fewer C8’s being manufactured. That is a primarily strike-caused fact, but might it actually be a positive for those that the shortened 2020 MY resulted in their being forced into instead their getting a 2021 as follows?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1144BB2F-8148-42EC-8CC3-A024F4A00F22.jpeg Views:	729 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	102396

*What if the 2021 has a nice improvement or two — as typically occurs from one year of Corvette production to the next?

*What if the price increase for even those who orders got moved to the 2021 model year was felt to reasonable and fair for those improvements. As an example, what if the 2021 C8’s cost just increased $2,000, yet it received that standard, new, nicely-positive feature(s)?

*What if the two least-chosen 2020 colors are replaced by two new colors that many rave and have been wanting, such as a true candy apple red and Pearlescent Metallic White?

*What if there becomes new standalone 2021 options that some want, e.g., C-C brakes, mag ride, and GT2 seats?

*What if a current option were improved, such as the 2021 front lift option allowing next year for front spring perch height adjustment (without a price increase)?

There will be either a very short production break between the 2020 and the new 2021’s or none at all. It is quite possible that the last 2020 rolls down the assembly line at close of second shift on a Friday (11:42PM) , and the 2021’s start at 6:12 AM Monday morning. If so might those who get an early 2021 be actually thrilled the strike made their C8 become a one year newer model, with historically almost every new year’s subsequent year having better trade values, e.g., less depreciation? Or course the greater initial MY 2021 price, even if modest, would have to be factored into such determinations.

I have of course made a ton of suppositions in the thread, but I wholeheartedly believe that there will be a silver lining due to the strike both, 1) for all of us who got their 2020 C8’s later due to the additional eight weeks of strike-caused-delay allowing for additional testing with consequent refinements improvements to the 2020’s braking, steering, trans, handling and related systems due to software refinements), and 2) also a silver lining for those who be forced to get a 2021 as a result of the possibilities above.

Might we all be in the best of both worlds other than the strike delayed our C8 deliveries?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Those are all great points John, time will tell.

Comment

Well stated. Looks like a win win situation to me. I really like the suggestions of candy apple red and Pearlescent Metallic White. Both colors would be well received.

Comment

For me the later arrival the better! (TPW Feb 24) Why? Having cervical (spine) and lumbar (spine) surgery with the first(cervical) being Feb 12 and the lumbar who knows how few weeks later, yes the later the better for me. Heck, I want to be able to get in and out of my C8. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by .MR.BPT.1965 View Post
          For me the later arrival the better! (TPW Feb 24) Why? Having cervical (spine) and lumbar (spine) surgery with the first(cervical) being Feb 12 and the lumbar who knows how few weeks later, yes the later the better for me. Heck, I want to be able to get in and out of my C8. LOL
          Best wishes on your surgery and getting in and out of your C8!!!

Comment

Personally I Don’t think they’ll be ANY changes from the 20’ to 21’ Corvette other than a hefty price increase. Hope I’m incorrect.

Comment

I own a Smith and Wesson handgun that was made during a transitional period when the model was undergoing an update. It has the frame of the old model, and the slide of the new model. And both parts have the same serial number, so it came from the factory that way. Its considered a rarity, but, unlike coins, has no special market value.

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post
                Personally I Don’t think they’ll be ANY changes from the 20’ to 21’ Corvette other than a hefty price increase. Hope I’m incorrect.
                There were changes between the 2014 and 2015 C7s. Mostly not major ones, but there were improvements.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I would prefer a 2020 - if I can enjoy the car in 2020. My "fun season" is shorter than most due to how far north we live. If the car is built at the end of the 2020 production run, by the time I get it, the leaves will be falling. I'm not worried about depreciation because I plan on keeping the car, and at the end of the day, it's a toy. But the thought of letting a car lose a model year of depreciation before I have a few miles on it doesn't make a lot of sense. Additionally, I'm in the camp that wants MRC, but I'm indifferent about the Z51 package. If I knew MRC could be ordered without the Z51 component in 2021, and I won't get my 2020 car until early fall, I'll probably ask to have my order rolled over to 2021 and absorb the price increase. We'll see! (Who's kidding who?!? I want the car now!! )
                  Blade Silver Metallic, Z51, Convertible. 2LT/3LT - TBD

Comment

C7 2014 to 2015 saw six speed auto to eight speed. Big change.

Comment

GM, if you're listening - don't make me wait for a 2021 and not have Zeus Bronze available. I'd have to rethink the whole decision.
                      C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Maybe this 2020 will be like the 641/2 Mustang in that it’s perceived to have more value then a 65..............never say never .....
                        just say you got a 20201/2 C8.....👍
                        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                        2000 status 😊👍
                        2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; R8C

Comment

For me, it’s buying a piece of history. Okay, maybe 1 of 25,000, but my 2020 will be first ME model year of a car that was envisioned decades ago and for that alone it’s something special. You won’t get that with the 21.
                          TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                            Maybe this 2020 will be like the 641/2 Mustang in that it’s perceived to have more value then a 65..............never say never .....
                            just say you got a 20201/2 C8.....👍
                            Yes! The famous 2020 1/2 Corvette! A collector’s item already! 😂
                            TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Since I was already waiting for a 2021, I’m totally onboard with everything John is saying 😉. Especially the color choices, I’m hoping for a candy apple red or a better shade of gray.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X