Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Jan 16 Orders Acceptance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 16 Orders Acceptance

Do we know if an allocated order placed on Jan 16, can it be picked up by GM on that Thurs or Friday? (Order was not placed on Jan 9 due to system being down at my dealer). Thanks for reply
    2014 Black Stingray & 2017 Black Rose Grand Sport "DR X"
    2020 C8 Stingray Coupe; 2LT; G1E-Long Beach Red Metallic(LBR); HUV-Natural Interior; AQ9-GT1 Seats; EFY; SHQ-Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; J6N-Edge Red Calipers; RCC-Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; BV4. Proud member of GNOCC. 1100 status

January 9th ordering entering (or not) was/is irrelevant as to whether a Corvette order would be picked officially picked up (accepted) by GM during the January consensus, for it officially starts this Thursday the 16th, in a process officially called a DOSP (dealer order submittal process). Orders entered before this Thursday have zero extra advantage as far as one C8 being build on the assembly line before an order entered this Thursday, nor do pre-DOSP orders have a priority for GM picking up that order over another order first entered this coming Thursday.

Again as always, it does not matter how many orders a dealer keystrokes enter in to the WorkBench Connect software ordering system unless that order is matched with both an offered allocation from GM, AND the dealer choosing to match that allocation with a specific order.

Lastly, this consensus (like all) starts this Thursday and continues through next Tuesday. However, in order for an order to be considered for acceptance by GM during a consensus it must be entered no later than the DOSP Saturday, for Saturday night is when GM formally accepts the first batch or orders within that consensus. However, if a dealer who has an allocation does not enter an order by Saturday, GM will then reach out to other dealers and award those “unused” allocations with other submitted orders from other dealers — with GM often awarding preferential treatment in awarding those “abandoned,” extra allocations to its largest dealerships.

Hope this helps. Again DR X, that your dealer’s system was down last Thursday is not even microscopically a negative.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John very much for answering my question. Hopefully a 2000 status will be forthcoming soon. Will be at dealer on Thursday to place order!
      2014 Black Stingray & 2017 Black Rose Grand Sport "DR X"
      2020 C8 Stingray Coupe; 2LT; G1E-Long Beach Red Metallic(LBR); HUV-Natural Interior; AQ9-GT1 Seats; EFY; SHQ-Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; J6N-Edge Red Calipers; RCC-Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; BV4. Proud member of GNOCC. 1100 status

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        January 9th ordering entering (or not) was/is irrelevant as to whether a Corvette order would be picked officially picked up (accepted) by GM during the January consensus, for it officially starts this Thursday the 16th, in a process officially called a DOSP (dealer order submittal process). Orders entered before this Thursday have zero extra advantage as far as one C8 being build on the assembly line before an order entered this Thursday, nor do pre-DOSP orders have a priority for GM picking up that order over another order first entered this coming Thursday.

Again as always, it does not matter how many orders a dealer keystrokes enter in to the WorkBench Connect software ordering system unless that order is matched with both an offered allocation from GM, AND the dealer choosing to match that allocation with a specific order.

Lastly, this consensus (like all) starts this Thursday and continues through next Tuesday. However, in order for an order to be considered for acceptance by GM during a consensus it must be entered no later than the DOSP Saturday, for Saturday night is when GM formally accepts the first batch or orders within that consensus. However, if a dealer who has an allocation does not enter an order by Saturday, GM will then reach out to other dealers and award those “unused” allocations with other submitted orders from other dealers — with GM often awarding preferential treatment in awarding those “abandoned,” extra allocations to its largest dealerships.

Hope this helps. Again DR X, that your dealer’s system was down last Thursday is not even microscopically a negative.
        Any idea the current TPW? Just trying to get some idea if the order is accepted this week, when is the approximate production week?

Comment

The TPW’s coming out of this week’s consensus will vary due to color, option combos and most importantly whether they are a convertible or a coupe. Probably a full five weeks from the first TPW we first see assigned to the last one (as happened for both the September and the December allocations. Sorry, but prediction a specific TPW for what is coming out of this batch is beyond a crystal ball. Could be in a few as early as the end March if there is a remaining slot or two for a color/option combo, but muchmore likely in April and some having an early May TPW. [Some of the December orders were assigned an April 6th TPW.]

Even if a HTC were assigned a very early, believe to be the first week of convertible production, a 4/6 TPW, adding in a QCH, could easily mean a sometime in May delivery.

Sorry too many variables to be helpful to you.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I don't know what if anything I should say in this post. I'm a bit flustered. My order has been with a "smaller" dealer with only three allocations for 2020. I was promised the number 2 allocation so have been figuring I might not get picked up until later in the year with a possible fall delivery. Thats been my mindset so I relegated to be patient and I'll have a C8 at some point and thats fine with me.

All that just changed. The dealer is now giving me the number one allocation instead of number 2. Also they just learned they will get a single allocation (their first) for the Jan 16 consensus and expect me to get picked up. Wow. Quite a development! I was resigned to not getting the C8 for quite a while and now it looks like its gonna happen much sooner.

Anyway thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I will post on this or another appropriate thread what happens.

Comment

Congratulations Boomer. Soon you'll be at 2000, and then 3000 with a TPW

Comment

Congrats Boomer. We hope you have your order 100% figured out, for as rickg747 noted, it could go from nowhere today to 3000 status by next Wednesday (and them be immutable)?

All of us bashful (lol) folks are happy to advise if you are torn between some options, but of course none of our opinions matter a tinker’s ****. Nice that you have three/four days for full finalization, though maybe you knew right out of the box all of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Congrats Boomer. We hope you have your order 100% figured out, for as rickg747 noted, it could go from nowhere today to 3000 status by next Wednesday (and them be immutable)?

All of us bashful (lol) folks are happy to advise if you are torn between some options, but of course none of our opinions matter a tinker’s ****. Nice that you have three/four days for full finalization, though maybe you knew right out of the box all of your choices.
                  Thanks John. Yup, got my order "100% figured out". In fact it was my request to add splash guards to the order that resulted in this news. I think going thru the C7 order process where I put much time and thought into getting that order right was a great experience in getting it right for my C8. Of course MECF was instrumental in helping me prepare my C8 order.
                  Last edited by Boomer; 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but I did search and couldn't find it.
                    I live in Scottsdale, AZ, but it looks like I will be ordering through Hendrick in GA. Is it possible to buy the car through Hendrick, but have it delivered to a Scottsdale Chevrolet dealer.? I'd rather not fly to GA and drive it back. But I'd rather do that than trailer it.
                    C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

Still crickets from my dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
                        Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but I did search and couldn't find it.
                        I live in Scottsdale, AZ, but it looks like I will be ordering through Hendrick in GA. Is it possible to buy the car through Hendrick, but have it delivered to a Scottsdale Chevrolet dealer.? I'd rather not fly to GA and drive it back. But I'd rather do that than trailer it.
                        What you are describing is called a courtesy delivery. Not all dealers are willing to do this and they charge a small fee for performing the service.

Comment

Thanks jackfrostpdx...!! I'd be willing to pay a small fee if Hendrick's is willing to do it.
                          C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

Congrats. I am with a small dealer also and dealing with them has been a little frustrating, just like dealing with GM has been frustrating for them also. GM even upped their total 2020 allocation from 6 to 10 cars but they haven't been able to place a single order yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
                              Thanks jackfrostpdx...!! I'd be willing to pay a small fee if Hendrick's is willing to do it.
                              It's the dealer in AZ that needs to be willing to accept it, and he is the one that charges the fee.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X