MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 5 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

5 of 5 < >

MECF Forum “Picture of the Day Award” (POTD) Section Started; To Be Eligible, Post Your Picture in our C1-6 or C7 section.

A different admin/mod chosen photo(s) each day, one you earlier placed of your car it in the C1-C6 Fantastic Corvettes section, the Compelling C7 section (or be admin/mod ME section chosen). We today feature Steven Bell’s beauty: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-award-winner
See more
See less

why the c8 is coming out sooner rather than later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post

Couple that with the declined November sales rate, though factoring fewer deliveries for December (even worse weather), that would mean around 18,500 new Corvettes deliveries to customers this year.

I was told years ago that thisannual sales rate is still a “break even” rate, so even during the 2018 calendar year, GM did not lose any money on the C7, maybe even made a little bit.

GM has made around $2B in profits on the C7, so even if sales next “half year” are less than even the current rate, GM has done extremely well with the current generation.
    Thats great to know. Im glad that gm is profiting from the corvette even at under 19 k annual unit sales.

i do believe discounts for the last year will be as you stated as close to 30 percent as possible depemding on inventory of c7 s before the c8 hits showrooms

Comment

If sales in dead winter go back down to 900 or so a month — as they have in the past toward the end of a generation, yet they are making twice that many, discounts will increase.

However, I will not venture a “percentage guess.”
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X