• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by No Foolin View Post
    Welcome to the MECF!
    Thanks No Foolin. Appreciate the welcome!

Leave a comment:

• No Foolin
    replied
    Welcome to the MECF!

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by pfbz View Post

Also in Colorado, but lived in Boulder for many, many years. Now a bit farther south. Hoping for a June delivery of my 1LT/Z51/FE4 silver over black in June, but would love to check out your car when it arrives... Sounds like you might have one of the first batch of deliveries in the area!

Do you get to the Lafayette C&C often? Look for me in a 911 Turbo (also silver over black), at least until the C8 arrives.
    Ha, was there today in my C7. Probably going to sell it. PM me your contact info.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_195654.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	108674

Leave a comment:

• pfbz
    replied
    My Z51, 2LT, FE4 has a TPW of 3/2.
    Also in Colorado, but lived in Boulder for many, many years. Now a bit farther south. Hoping for a June delivery of my 1LT/Z51/FE4 silver over black in June, but would love to check out your car when it arrives... Sounds like you might have one of the first batch of deliveries in the area!

Do you get to the Lafayette C&C often? Look for me in a 911 Turbo (also silver over black), at least until the C8 arrives.

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by CaseyK View Post

Hello so we are neighbors with you))
    Terrific! Where are you?

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by C7Redneck View Post
    Welcome! I live close. in Erie, CO. You should consider Top of the Rockies Corvette Association. We meet in Longmont and are a very active club. Lots of great folks. We were involved in the Grand Lake show mentioned in this thread. Check us out!
    Hey C7Redneck, I'm in TORCA!

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by dkhink View Post
    HI in Boulder in Boulder
    Just noticed the post, pic, and comments, and was surprised by all the commonality. I live in Colorado,have a white 2lt z51 scheduled to build in Feb and had a 1963 R2, 4 speed, 411 posi, Avanti gold "super car" That is the one car I wish still had of the more than a few I have owned, including some Vettes. Such is life I guess. I feel pretty certain we are all in for some more great times with the C8.
    Wow, six degrees of separation! Where are you, let's get together with the C8s! PM me if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by cutnout View Post
    The Avanti is a good looking car. In 1964 I shopped the Studebaker line and selected the Avanti. In those days rust was eventual in most cars and the Avanti was on the road to solving rust with the glass body. As I was working up a deal Studebaker was talking bankrupt talk. I convinced myself at a young age that parts would not be available if the company failed. With that youthful knowledge I bought a 64 GTO. That's a true story. Charlie aka cutnout
    Can't go wrong wit ha '64 Goat!

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
    Welcome Boulder Vette , Congrats on your early build. I lived in Boulder and Colorado Springs when I attended D.A.D.C. Denver Automotive and Diesel College. At the time it was the #1 for Automotive training. What a beautiful area. I miss that place. I'm sure you'll love this forum.
    How can you not like this friendly Forum! Honored to be a part of it, even if I only remember to log in every few weeks.
    Thanks for having me!

Leave a comment:

• CaseyK
    replied
    Originally posted by Boulder Vette View Post
    Hello all, new member from Boulder, CO.
    This will be my seventh Vette, currently driving my '14 Z51, first one in Colorado. LOVE IT!
    I'm a gear head, so I can't wait to have the latest piece of engineering magic from The General.
    My Z51, 2LT, FE4 has a TPW of 3/2.
    Also doing a nut and bolt restoration of a '63 Avanti. I love the hands on work and always wanted an Avanti. Maybe done next year? Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 ordered.jpg Views:	348 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	92826
    Hello so we are neighbors with you))

Leave a comment:

• C7Redneck
    replied
    Welcome! I live close. in Erie, CO. You should consider Top of the Rockies Corvette Association. We meet in Longmont and are a very active club. Lots of great folks. We were involved in the Grand Lake show mentioned in this thread. Check us out!

Leave a comment:

• dkhink
    replied
    HI in Boulder in Boulder
    Just noticed the post, pic, and comments, and was surprised by all the commonality. I live in Colorado,have a white 2lt z51 scheduled to build in Feb and had a 1963 R2, 4 speed, 411 posi, Avanti gold "super car" That is the one car I wish still had of the more than a few I have owned, including some Vettes. Such is life I guess. I feel pretty certain we are all in for some more great times with the C8.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Look at the color of the interior....wow!

Leave a comment:

• Boulder Vette
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post

1964....and it truly looks contemporary in 2019...just a stunning design...please correct me where Im mistaken...the 1964 could come with either round or square headlihts depending on what the consumer or dealer ordered? The R 2 was a 289 suoercharged v8 ...wow...can you imagine a manufacturer having consumers decide....do I want round headlights or square? I tend to see such beauty in the round
    What I find so endearing are the wheels and tires in this photo...just serves the body style and is so period correct..

really well done...post up photos of your 64 avanti...Love to see if we can see the differences ..

will you he keeping your 2002 corvette and your avanti as you take in your 2021 c8?

just a beautiful vehicle.

thank you for sharing.

heres a video im sure you ve seen but for others possibly to enjoy..

https://youtu.be/_XX3_NVDGVo

JB
    JB-

Studebaker made running changes to the Avanti, depending on what was in the parts bin. So, depending on build date, you could have gotten round or square lights. I like the round ones best. Man, that car is sweet!! I see the wood grain dash inserts, a '64 item for sure.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• cutnout
    replied
    I can see that the Avanti is as good as new, maybe better. The Avanti 2 was marketed in Seattle but didn't do well. I believe there is a market--but what do I know. Charlie aka cutnout

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X