See less

Hello from Boulder, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Colorado Corvette Club sponsors the Grand Lake car show. I meet Charlie there a few years ago on his trip back from Washington to Florida.

Comment

John I remember you and the club members. Two folks lent us chairs as my trunk was full. Others joined us for lunch. A good group of nice folks. I had good advice about driving over the mountain and I did. Beautiful country and I repeat its a great show. By the way one saw the Florida tag and ask if we trailed the car. "if you see my car on a traitor its stolen" I don't want it if I cant drive it. Thank you and the club for the comradery. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	EF811369-A2C6-43CE-B60A-43E8CD5E8343.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	93562 I am new to this forum myself hoping to get into the C8 action for 2021. While I do have a 2002 awesome Corvette we something else in common. 1964 Avanti R2. Enjoy.
        Hey Silverplate- great looking Avanti!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	EF811369-A2C6-43CE-B60A-43E8CD5E8343.jpeg Views:	48 Size:	247.4 KB ID:	93562 I am new to this forum myself hoping to get into the C8 action for 2021. While I do have a 2002 awesome Corvette we something else in common. 1964 Avanti R2. Enjoy.
          1964....and it truly looks contemporary in 2019...just a stunning design...please correct me where Im mistaken...the 1964 could come with either round or square headlihts depending on what the consumer or dealer ordered? The R 2 was a 289 suoercharged v8 ...wow...can you imagine a manufacturer having consumers decide....do I want round headlights or square? I tend to see such beauty in the round
          What I find so endearing are the wheels and tires in this photo...just serves the body style and is so period correct..

really well done...post up photos of your 64 avanti...Love to see if we can see the differences ..

will you he keeping your 2002 corvette and your avanti as you take in your 2021 c8?

just a beautiful vehicle.

thank you for sharing.

heres a video im sure you ve seen but for others possibly to enjoy..

https://youtu.be/_XX3_NVDGVo

JB
          Last edited by JB; 12-17-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

The Avanti is a good looking car. In 1964 I shopped the Studebaker line and selected the Avanti. In those days rust was eventual in most cars and the Avanti was on the road to solving rust with the glass body. As I was working up a deal Studebaker was talking bankrupt talk. I convinced myself at a young age that parts would not be available if the company failed. With that youthful knowledge I bought a 64 GTO. That's a true story. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Loved the Avanti the first day a saw it, and still do. A friend had one, the amazing R3 supercharged version.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by cutnout View Post
                The Avanti is a good looking car. In 1964 I shopped the Studebaker line and selected the Avanti. In those days rust was eventual in most cars and the Avanti was on the road to solving rust with the glass body. As I was working up a deal Studebaker was talking bankrupt talk. I convinced myself at a young age that parts would not be available if the company failed. With that youthful knowledge I bought a 64 GTO. That's a true story. Charlie aka cutnout
                Please tell me about your 64 GTO - an all-time favorite of mine!!

Comment

Lets see photos of the 64 goat!

Comment

Hurricane Ivan has the pictures so hear goes a description. The 64 GTO was a tan convertible with tan inside. Naturally it was a 389ci with 3 two barrel carbs as an option. it came with a Hurst shifter and a 4 speed transmission and the standard AM radio. It also had power steering and brakes. The top was tan and was an automatic. Most don't know the 64 was a Tempest with the GTO option at about 390 bucks. The separate branded GTO came the following year and it was physically bigger. The total list price was right at 3000 bucks. At that price I could buy a fleet of them today-- cant as we all are victims of inflation. With the weight up front the brakes would fade easily and at times was a little scary. It was fun. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Name:	E90F9225-8EE1-4D13-B19C-C332AC63C27C.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	472.2 KB
ID:	96593 Appreciate the interest in my 1964 Avanti R2. I have owned the car for eleven years and it’s been in my family since the early seventies. I will selling it later next year with funds towards my C8 purchase. My 2002 Corvette millennium yellow with 16,000 miles will stay. Thanks again for the interest.

Name:	0C126251-7C71-426A-8827-9B5DADF385FB.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	96591

Name:	C295385C-44B6-4507-90AE-F50EED8A0D68.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	5.03 MB
ID:	96592
                      Attached Files
                      1964 Studebaker Avanti R2
                      2002 Corvette Coupe,Millennium Yellow

NCM Lifetime Member since 2002

Comment

I can see that the Avanti is as good as new, maybe better. The Avanti 2 was marketed in Seattle but didn't do well. I believe there is a market--but what do I know. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

1964....and it truly looks contemporary in 2019...just a stunning design...please correct me where Im mistaken...the 1964 could come with either round or square headlihts depending on what the consumer or dealer ordered? The R 2 was a 289 suoercharged v8 ...wow...can you imagine a manufacturer having consumers decide....do I want round headlights or square? I tend to see such beauty in the round
                          What I find so endearing are the wheels and tires in this photo...just serves the body style and is so period correct..

really well done...post up photos of your 64 avanti...Love to see if we can see the differences ..

will you he keeping your 2002 corvette and your avanti as you take in your 2021 c8?

just a beautiful vehicle.

thank you for sharing.

heres a video im sure you ve seen but for others possibly to enjoy..

https://youtu.be/_XX3_NVDGVo

JB
                          JB-

Studebaker made running changes to the Avanti, depending on what was in the parts bin. So, depending on build date, you could have gotten round or square lights. I like the round ones best. Man, that car is sweet!! I see the wood grain dash inserts, a '64 item for sure.
                          Steve

Comment

Look at the color of the interior....wow!

Comment

HI in Boulder in Boulder
                              Just noticed the post, pic, and comments, and was surprised by all the commonality. I live in Colorado,have a white 2lt z51 scheduled to build in Feb and had a 1963 R2, 4 speed, 411 posi, Avanti gold "super car" That is the one car I wish still had of the more than a few I have owned, including some Vettes. Such is life I guess. I feel pretty certain we are all in for some more great times with the C8.

Comment

Welcome! I live close. in Erie, CO. You should consider Top of the Rockies Corvette Association. We meet in Longmont and are a very active club. Lots of great folks. We were involved in the Grand Lake show mentioned in this thread. Check us out!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X