Hello from Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada

We ordered our C8 on July 30th and are waiting to get status on our order. The wait is a killer and the strike did NOT help! lol. My wife and I ordered a Torch red 2lt C8 with 5 spoke carbon flash wheels and front lift (Hate traffic calming bumps). We had 2 fourth gen Camaro SS's and were happy with them until the game changer. The Vette went Mid engine! Made up my mind in 2 days and sold my wifes 98 SS. I drive mine in the winter and will use it until sometime in 2020 when the new baby arrives Did I say the wait is a killer?
    Murrray

Murray20c8, great but also poignant post. Thanks for joining our Corvette forum community.

We feel your waiting pain!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Welcome Murray. Glad you joined us. Lots of your fellow Canadians are also members here, also waiting and waiting along with you.

Comment

Welcome Murray20c8 , Yes the wait is killing all of us. You don't want to be driving it in freezing conditions anyway. And while we're waiting could you stop sending those artic blasts due south as we're feeling the chill all the way down here in Florida. LOL
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          You don't want to be driving it in freezing conditions anyway. And while we're waiting could you stop sending those arctic blasts due south as we're feeling the chill all the way down here in Florida. LOL
          I didn't get the Z51 so I could get the all season tires. I'll be driving it year round on nice days. And we send some cold weather south so you don't have to mow the lawn so often! That's one of the nice things about the fall. There's a break between mowing and snow throwing. By the time fall comes I'm sick of mowing. lol However, I hear the C8's are not suppose to go through car washes. Going to be fun washing it mid winter.

Murrray

Comment

Thanks for joining our C8 crew Murray20c8. Welcome.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
              We ordered our C8 on July 30th and are waiting to get status on our order. The wait is a killer and the strike did NOT help! lol. My wife and I ordered a Torch red 2lt C8 with 5 spoke carbon flash wheels and front lift (Hate traffic calming bumps). We had 2 fourth gen Camaro SS's and were happy with them until the game changer. The Vette went Mid engine! Made up my mind in 2 days and sold my wifes 98 SS. I drive mine in the winter and will use it until sometime in 2020 when the new baby arrives Did I say the wait is a killer?
              Hello and welcome from Port Perry, Ontario, Canada... lol
              2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

Welcome to the MECF!

Comment

Welcome. Like many I hate waiting. This will be a very long 5,6,7....months.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                    This will be a very long 5,6,7....months.
                    I don't like the "..." I hope they want to have 2021's available in Sept 20
                    Murrray

Comment

Welcome to the forums Murray20C8 , always a great place for information and helpful members ! Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2405.PNG Views:	0 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	90708
                      Last edited by Ssscooter66; 11-18-2019, 09:34 PM.
                      A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                        Welcome Murray20c8 , Yes the wait is killing all of us. You don't want to be driving it in freezing conditions anyway. And while we're waiting could you stop sending those artic blasts due south as we're feeling the chill all the way down here in Florida. LOL
                        We have a vacation home in Florida, I've been in the West Palm Beach area for over a week now and i'm feeling our cold Canadian air.
                        2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

Hello from sunny Niagara.

As you probably know by now (or read the excellent "ordering process" sticky on this site), dealers are given "allocation" by GM. Canadian dealers have been told their first half year allocation, but not the second. Additionally each half is divided into certain ordering dates, with the dealer again being told how many they can order on each date.

Perhaps a difference with Canadian dealers is that they seem to regard their allocation numbers has highly proprietary and guard them closely. In your case if the dealer has a total allocation of 50 cars say for 2020 and you happen to be #70 on the list, then you won't get ordered in the next year. (I ran into a guy back in mid-summer who was #63 on their list).

If the dealer has allocation of 80, then you stand a chance but certainly not in the first half. So for you I'd not be expecting enquiries to get very far until maybe May or June. At this point the dealer simply won't know. Even if they have a guess, they probably won't reveal it. He should tell you where you are on the list, but don't expect much else.

Patience is required.
                          2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

I haven't been able to nail him down on where I am on the list. Anyway, I understand all that, but I don't understand why someone who orders a car mid August can have a date in the first week of production with tons of options, while someone who orders a car in January without constraints gets late February. Sure seems to be a lot of favouritism from GM. I also know that originally parts availability meant some options weren't available right away, but surely after this delay that has changed at least somewhat. I also understand that GM wants to do certain options and colours in bunches.
                            From what I understand, they can make a car every 2 minutes assuming a 7 hour shift and 2 shifts per week. That's 500 cars per week, around 2000 per month. If they want to make at least 20,000 cars it would take them 10 months. If I'm 1999 on GM's list for a car I should get one before Christmas of 2020! Patience IS SO required!!!!!! lol
                            Murrray

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I'm nearby in Markham. Wait is killing me too!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X