Hello from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

First off, I want wish everyone a good Remembrance Day and Veterans Day!
    We can't express enough, how fortunate we are to live free in our countries.
    My sincerest thanks and prayers to all who are presently in the armed forces, to those who have given their lives for us and to you veterans who have given so much for us.

I am Neil from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada and have been enjoying the forum for a couple months now -- great forum guys.

Originally a farm boy from Saskatchewan, I came to Alberta and became a mechanic in both Auto and HD, working is various fields from Auto to oilfield/gas field service applications and just about everything in between.
    Taught Auto and HD mechanics part time and full time at our local college over a 7 year period.
    Also worked as a tech at 2 Chev dealers for about 7 years.

Learning lots from the forum and hoping to add a little useful feedback as well.

Been dreaming of getting a sports car since my early teens and boy, will this fill the bill!

Only at 1100 but here is my build:

Black paint, 3LT, black/red seat interior with 2 tone, F51, FE4, front lift, Edge red calipers, carbon flash 5-spoke, ZZ3 and other goodies.

Welcome Neil. Thanks for sharing your backstory with us. I like your build. I’m getting black and thought long and hard about the beautiful black and red 2 tone combo that you are getting (which I enjoy when in my friend’s C7 Z06), but in the end, I could not overcome by double-blue C8 interior addiction. Also Edge Red calipers and much more the same on my order. Glad you are in line, heading toward your C8 future.

Thanks for joining MECF!

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thanks joining Neil H. Nice C8 ahead. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome, Good to hear you have your C8 dialed in. Will be glad to have your mechanical perspective as the time passes for us to receive our Stingrays.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Welcome to the forums Neil H , always a great place to find information and great members ....
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	89362
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Hi Neil, tell me about Medicine Hat, interesting name.

Comment

Hi Racer86. "Medicine Hat" is an English translation of the Blackfoot word for the headdress of a medicine man. Great prairie city of approx 70,000 people, it is the sunniest city in Canada and the warmest city on the prairies. Located at the south east corner of the province of Alberta, which has a population of 4.4 million people, spread out across an area of 251,000 sq miles (almost as big as Texas @ 269,000). Lots of natural gas reserves in Alberta and Medicine Hat has its own gas wells as well as its own power plant -- lots going for us. Temps anywhere from -51F to 108F. Really looking forward to those hot summer days with my new C8!

Comment

Welcome to the MECF!

Comment

Welcome! The Wife and I just got back yesterday from a few days up in Calgary. Somewhat CLOSE by.

If You and your C8 ever get south into Montana ......I'm 45 miles south of Gt Falls, just off of I-15.

Comment

Welcome fellow Canuck!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X