Howdy from Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Southern California

Hello all, the C8 will be my first 'Vette. I've always been an admirer of the Corvette, but always had other priorities (house, family etc) so I never really considered it. I've had a love-hate relationship with my cars, as I'm always too emotionally attached to them, so my wife as seen me deal with the consequences of trying to maintain and old car that I couldn't let go, or issues with engine modifications. She told me "Just get the car that you WANT, that you don't have to modify". I was actually considering a BMW M4, since it can seat more than two, but when I told her that I really wanted the C8, she said "You've worked hard and you're not getting any younger. Just get it."
    So here I am.

Lucky man with a good wife! Welcome to the forum!
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Your wife is a very wise woman. Do something nice for her every day.

Comment

I love the story and the words of your wife...so simple, but so true. I came to the conclusion your wife did not long ago, and have recently been reminded often that "you cannot take it with you." My wife is surprisingly OK with this purchase, given she likes to drive cars until they fall apart. Just traded in her 2006 Infiniti M45 with 205K miles on it. From 2005-2010, it was my car. Fortunately (or unfortunately) my wife has time to digest this new purchase before it becomes a reality. I don't expect my car to be built until next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
          Your wife is a very wise woman. Do something nice for her every day.
          Today’s “quote of the day.” Thanks Racer86.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I look forward to being a part of this growing community.

Comment

Glad you joined us shiumai. We can all sense your excited in your upcoming C8. Thanks for joining the forum.
              Last edited by John; 10-14-2019, 11:52 AM.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Welcome shiumai. Happy C8 in your future.
                Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Great decision to be able to get what you wish. After all it's those decisions which make our overall life enhanced.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Always glad to welcome a new member , enjoy ..... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7910.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	82007
                    A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X