MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Belated Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Introduction

I’ve been reading and posting here almost since the reveal, but thought I might do a formal introduction. As with a number of other members, this will be my first Corvette.

Earlier this year I began hunting for a solid, clean ’67. It was the only Corvette I would have considered. When they were new, I sat in a Goodwood green coupe at a dealership. A year later a friend let me drive his ‘67 427 3x2, and that cemented it for me. This spring I joined the NCRS thinking I’d need their guidance. And then GM intervened.

I was dizzy for a few days until it began to make sense to get a new car, with a warranty, and it’s something I could drive across the country. Now I can own an exotic car that has always been beyond my reach.

Many of you here have had a succession of Corvettes and other cool cars. All my interesting cars came in my youth. I grew up in Detroit, got my driver’s license in 1964, and experience the rise and fall of the muscle car. Woodward Ave. was real for me, not a dream. Back then I owned some of the hottest cars to be had.

Today, I don’t speed (much), prefer to just cruise. But I do intend to race my friend’s Audi S8 and rule the roost again.

Now, here's a bit of a gamble - these are true stories, written over the years by me, mostly about cars. They reside in a blog I call CarBits. This is definitely for those with time on their hands.

Last edited by Ralston; 09-12-2019, 12:17 PM.
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Great post. Belated welcome 👍

Comment

Welcome Ralston! I too was on the hunt for a really nice '67 coupe awhile back, or possibly even a nice clean stock body C2 restomod. After searching the country from coast to coast I decided I just didn't want to pay well into 6 figures. I bought a C7, and while it was nice, I didn't enjoy it as much as my last C2, primarily from an exterior design standpoint...so I sold it, figuring I was now done with Corvettes after 7 of them.

As you say, "then GM intervened" with what appears to be a car as special as those C2's were at the time. So, here I go again. ( Zeus w/ Tan/Black G2 Seats/ Body color vents/ pewter accessory or after market wheels ) Sure hope it pans out as great as it looks!
      Last edited by George; 09-11-2019, 03:52 PM.
      Recently sold:
      Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

( Zeus w/ Tan/Black G2 Seats/ Body color vents/ pewter accessory or after market wheels )
        George, looks like we got the same car. I am thinking of getting the rear grilles in black. The rear looks too monochromatic otherwise.
        C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Great intro Ralston. Wonderful backstory. Thanks Ralston for all your contributions since you joined us.

How nice that George also has a similar path to a C8!

EXCITING for all for sure.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome aboard great post.
            2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Welcome to the site Ralston , always a great place to be ...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	70583
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome to the forum and a great introduction.

i think you made an excellent choice.

i look forward to your reviews and insights.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post

George, looks like we got the same car. I am thinking of getting the rear grilles in black. The rear looks too monochromatic otherwise.
                  Yes, these color choices are such a subjective, personal choice. For me, the monochromatic look is just what I want. I'm even going to have the black around the tail lights painted out in Zeus Bronze. Just looking to make a great, clean, touring car look...think E-type Jag, etc. After looking at the black C8, I really liked the simplified look of the otherwise 'busy' rear facia.

Hope we get them on schedule and I hope you enjoy your new ride!
                  Last edited by George; 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM.
                  Recently sold:
                  Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X