Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

New member ontario canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member ontario canada

Hello all, stumbled on the forum while searching for news and info on ME vette. I have been a sports car fan for as long as I can remember and have enjoyed many manufacturers offerings over the years including four corvettes, two of which I still have, although they are both dedicated race cars. So, I am looking forward to the day when the dealer calls me to come on down and place my order in the computer, deposit made just waiting for the order process to open. Probably go torch red black interior,with red piping, z51, 2lt, high wing as I intend to track the car, front lift and MRC. That should give the best of both touring and track duty worlds. Also very interested to see what the aftermarket develops for wheels as I am not loving the GM design offerings. Having said that, the trident wheel has a nice effect when rolling giving a complete silver circle/strip around the wheel, contrasting the black tires and rim at the same time. Pretty cool. Cheers for now.

You'll be gad you "stumbled" here

Welcome to MECF .....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.PNG
Views:	144
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	67486
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

Welcome Jon, Please post some Pics of your rides, we all enjoy anything automotive while passing the time.
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Niagara.

I picked up on "front lift" in conjunction with racing. There's another thread around that says that having front lift removes adjustability from the front springs, which otherwise would be there. Something to think about.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ver-adjustment
        Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-04-2019, 06:26 AM.
        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Bikerjulio, I think I did read that somewhere about the non adjustable ride height. However, not that concerned about it. Dropping the car all around to lower center of gravity is definitely better, but then it takes a lot of trial (track time) to really dial it in. Adding rake to the car usually improves aero, but it will be so slight and may cause understeer in the corners due to moving more weight to the front end. For casual track days, I am betting on the magnetic ride control to compensate for weight transfer during manouevering in corners. With proper telemetry one could dial it in, but for casual fun track days at 8/10ths effort the car should be very satisfying. I have corner weight scales too give me an idea of how the car is set-up from the factory, static. However the dynamic is very different, which is where I expect the MRC to take over.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	55FE9BAF-632E-4D27-A1CC-D50212DC3C57.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	68292Click image for larger version

Name:	55FE9BAF-632E-4D27-A1CC-D50212DC3C57.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	68293

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom