Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

C3 Corvette Differential Crossmember Bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3 Corvette Differential Crossmember Bolts?

Bought a 1978 corvette this last year, and we've been going through it to make sure everything is mechanically sound. I'm checking out the rear end and I'm wondering how the differential is bolted to the crossmember. Is the differential threaded for the bolts coming through the crossmember, because I don't see any nuts english news capread holding the bolts?

I keep looking for schematics of the rear end but I'm not seeing anything with enough detail to see if the differential is threaded or not.
    Last edited by Charliecharles; 08-27-2019, 10:10 AM.

Originally posted by Charliecharles View Post
    Bought a 1978 corvette this last year, and we've been going through it to make sure everything is mechanically sound. I'm checking out the rear end and I'm wondering how the differential is bolted to the crossmember. Is the differential threaded for the bolts coming through the crossmember, because I don't see any nuts holding the bolts?

I keep looking for schematics of the rear end but I'm not seeing anything with enough detail to see if the differential is threaded or not.
    I don’t remember but if you don’t get a reply I’ll look at our assembly manual.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Welcome Charlescharles. Thanks for joining the forum. Good luck on getting your question answered. Nice of you Plasboy to pitch in if/as needed.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X