Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Going from Alfa Romeo 4C to C8 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from Alfa Romeo 4C to C8 Convertible

Hi from Langley, VA. I’m going to switch from my daily driver 4C to a C8 convertible with the Z51 and other upgrades once they get around to making them. I will look forward to learning everything I can here.
    Current DD is 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE #016/500

Welcome! I'm just up the road from you in the Reston / Herndon area.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

foleydb,

Alfa’s loss is our gain. We welcome you to the forum. Thanks for joining us.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming move..

any chance you can fill is in on what it was like both good parts amd maybe less than great parts of owning the alfa 4c.

what color, what year how was the performance and handling etc..

im an alfisti dating back to 1963 when my dad got his white 1300 alfa guiletta (sp) spider, then a red 1966 or 1967 duetto 1600 and then a silver 1750 spider...

long history of alfas ...

i just last year bought the wonderful alfa stelvio ti sport bright red and 20s...at the oldest alfa dealer in the USA...

old family acquaintances and fond memories of friends and family long gone...

im having a wonderful ownership experience so far.

i kind of wished the 2 liter turbo would have be jammed into the 4c although the 1750 was a great motor too...

post photos! Click image for larger version

Name:	E47E2A9E-B242-440D-9606-3EE4C782C86A.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	57454Click image for larger version

Name:	9588CC49-D4C2-421A-A61E-D11AC0A66263.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	57455

Comment

I bought one of the first Launch Edition 4Cs in the US back in January 2015. It’s 4.1 seconds fast, and at 2400 lbs it’s incredibly responsive and agile. I will miss it adding a thousand pounds, but 2.8 seconds is what it is. The quality of the 4C has been superb and I commend it to anyone. It’s a beautiful and striking car that gets a lot of attention, and it’s incredibly rare. No one would look twice at a C7 but everyone wants to talk about the 4C. I will lose that as the C8 will be everywhere before long, but that’s OK. I drove a high-end C7 a while back and it felt like a really fast barge compared to the 4C. I’m pretty sure the C8 won’t feel like that. Once you’ve owned a mid-engine car it’s hard to put up with anything else. I was going to replace it eventually with a McLaren 570S Spider until they released the initial C8 specs and the reveal.

Comment

Yeah, I’m gonna miss my “barge”........🙈🤪😂😎
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by foleydb View Post
              Hi from Langley, VA. I’m going to switch from my daily driver 4C to a C8 convertible with the Z51 and other upgrades once they get around to making them. I will look forward to learning everything I can here.
              Hey, if you have some free time Saturday, head out to Manassas for my club's All Corvette Cruise In

https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub....item_id=941586
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I think a lot of corvette enthusiasts dig alfa romeos.

how many miles did you put on that 4c since 2015 delivery?

was it a weekend toy or a daily driver.

a lot of reviewers stated as a weekend sports car it was fantastic since it was such a focused weapon.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2405.PNG Views:	1 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	57577 Welcome to the forums foleydb ...
                  A thought if I might ...

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I’ve got more than 33,000 miles on the Alfa as my DD. It is so much fun to drive.

Also thanks for the invite meyerweb, but I’m on vacation in Europe for a while longer.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X